#SWFC Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours Thread

Just now, gurujuan said:

Let’s hope, while scouring the Premier League development sides, we don’t choose any of these current England U19 lot Currently losing 5-0 to France, and it could quite easily have been ten

Thought Hirst would have had 6 by now.

lol

4 minutes ago, Watson said:

Guess not, but should we be copying their model?  As we don't seem able to come up with our own.

They have an incredible amount of footballers from around the globe who are able to pledge allegiance to France.

Quite interesting really.

Giroud was born in Italy 

Greizmann - Germany 

Nabil Fekir - Algeria 

Mbappe - Cameroon

In actual fact, they have only 2-3 players in the France squad, who are French. Pavard, Thauvin and Lloris I think

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, bigash_swfc said:

They have an incredible amount of footballers from around the globe who are able to pledge allegiance to France.

Giroud was born in Italy 

Greizmann - Germany 

Nabil Fekir - Algeria 

Mbappe - Cameroon

In actual fact, they have only 2-3 players in the France squad, who are French. Pavard, Thauvin and Lloris I think

Maybe that's the answer more immigration......  I'm joking, I'm joking.

Does farage post on here?

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, bigash_swfc said:

Giroud was born in Italy 

Greizmann - Germany 

Nabil Fekir - Algeria 

Mbappe - Cameroon

Really? I’m sure Mbappe was born in Paris, haven’t looked up the others by saw someone saying the opposite that despite heritage from many other places all but 2/3 of World Cup winning swuad were born outside of France. 

2 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

Really? I’m sure Mbappe was born in Paris, haven’t looked up the others by saw someone saying the opposite that despite heritage from many other places all but 2/3 of World Cup winning swuad were born outside of France. 

Just reading up, his father is from Cameroon, his mother is Algerian - he was born in France.

https://www.timeslive.co.za/sport/soccer/2018-07-01-meet-frances-world-cup-players-with-deep-african-roots/

13 minutes ago, Watson said:

Guess not, but should we be copying their model?  As we don't seem able to come up with our own.

The FA launched a 'root and branch' copying of France, after 1998 - Power & Pace

Then we scrapped that, to copy Spain - Small & Technical crabs

Then we scrapped that to copy Germany ... 

No ideas of our own. Thus ensuring we're always a generation behind.

EPPP & FFP seem to be serving their purpose though post-445-0-20585400-1332590659_thumb.png

• Thanks 3

1 minute ago, bigash_swfc said:

Just reading up, his father is from Cameroon, his mother is Algerian - he was born in France.

https://www.timeslive.co.za/sport/soccer/2018-07-01-meet-frances-world-cup-players-with-deep-african-roots/

I think that’s pretty common with most of their squad, lots with other heritage but born and raised in France. I’m living in Africa at moment and lots of pride towards those with African heritage. 

• Like 2