#SWFC Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours Thread

Leeds United are set to miss out on Manchester City starlet Phil Foden, with Pep Guardiola keen to give the youngster first team game time this season.

In an interview with Sky Sports, City youngster Phil Foden said that manager Guardiola had told him he was keen to keep Foden on board for the 2018/19 season. Leeds United were hopeful to bring in the playmaker on loan, but look set to miss on yet another target.

Guardiola had offered Leeds manager Marcelo Bielsa some of City’s finest young talent to help bolster his options. However, despite interest, it seems Foden is set to stay at the Etihad.

I’m still relaxed about it, but trending towards being less so Firmly believe we can do it with loans What would really pee me off, would be if there was any truth in the Jack Baldwin rumour We need to learn the lessons, stop paying fees for mediocre players, and use the loan market wisely

Edited by gurujuan

Just now, gurujuan said:

I’m still relaxed about it, but trending towards being less so Firmly believe we can do it with loans What would really pee me off, would be if there was any truth in the Jack Baldwin We need to learn the lessons, stop paying fees for mediocre players, and use the loan market wisely

The loan system is the way jos wants to go he as already said this.

Why do people listen to people outside the club I.e the Peterborough chairman 

1 hour ago, bladeshater said:

The loan system is the way jos wants to go he as already said this.

Why do people listen to people outside the club I.e the Peterborough chairman 

I thought Jos plan was he was bringing Championship quality players.

The loan market in this country is more expensive than buying the player outright, high wages for players with little or no first team experience, loan fees for having players (remember the Jordan Rhodes transfer) and now the fun thing they add the penalty clause if the players don't play virtually every game.

In reality if we have signed no one by the end of this transfer window we won't be signing any one on loan unless we can offload more players.

DC years of mismanagement and not having a clue what he is doing is now catching up on us and without the riches of the premier league cash it is up to the fans to pay for it all. 

45 minutes ago, room0035 said:

I thought Jos plan was he was bringing Championship quality players.

The loan market in this country is more expensive than buying the player outright, high wages for players with little or no first team experience, loan fees for having players (remember the Jordan Rhodes transfer) and now the fun thing they add the penalty clause if the players don't play virtually every game.

In reality if we have signed no one by the end of this transfer window we won't be signing any one on loan unless we can offload more players.

DC years of mismanagement and not having a clue what he is doing is now catching up on us and without the riches of the premier league cash it is up to the fans to pay for it all. 

I think the opposite We just haven’t been smart with our loan deals Sign youngsters from the top clubs, we likely won’t pay a fee, and wages could be heavily subsidised  Even at a young age, those players, while maybe not having the experience, will have a level of talent that we could never afford to actually buy

On the other hand, if you borrow a player like Rhodes, we had to pay a fee, and most of his wages (never mind the commitment to buy at a ludicrous price) and for what? All we get for that sort of money, is someone who is no better than what we have

Edited by gurujuan

13 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I think the opposite We just haven’t been smart with our loan deals Sign youngsters from the top clubs, we likely won’t pay a fee, and wages could be heavily subsidised  Even at a young age, those players, while maybe not having the experience, will have a level of talent that we could never afford to actually buy

On the other hand, if you borrow a player like Rhodes, we had to pay a fee, and most of his wages (never mind the commitment to buy at a ludicrous price) and for what? All we get for that sort of money, is someone who is no better than what we have

Look at Cardiff last season signed a youth player from Liverpool who had played just 8 first team games was on £10-15,000 a week, they paid a loan fee and also had a penalty clause if he didn't play at least 85% of the games. this is the market we are now in. 

Most of Chelsea youngster that go out on loan cost loan fees, it has become the unofficial transfer fees now, the loan market is no longer that cheap very few clubs let their best young talent leave without the club they are going to either paying loan fees or all of their wages.

On 23/07/2018 at 14:15, TheEnchanter said:

Bristol City doing more good business by landing Mo Eisa from Cheltenham. 25 goals in his first ever season in Professional football last year. Pace to burn. 

Sound investment 

On 22/07/2018 at 17:16, DELUDED OWL said:

Oh i see,its one of them new age comedy type gags,ya know the ones that aren't funny that ya see on that crappy dave channel,keep tryng fella !!

Or you’re not as smart as you think you are.. alas