#SWFC Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours Thread

1 hour ago, bigash_swfc said:

Just to touch on Wolves signing Joao Moutinho...they're also signing Pepe, the former Real Madrid CB

Always been a bit jealous of Wolves. They've had 3 Prem promotions in the last 15 years and always used to beat us. Then they finally took  hit and went down to League One but it seems like it just strengthened them. They look like they're aiming closer to the top 6 of the Prem now than just surviving. 

2 hours ago, bigash_swfc said:

They have an incredible amount of footballers from around the globe who are able to pledge allegiance to France.

Quite interesting really.

Giroud was born in Italy 

Greizmann - Germany 

Nabil Fekir - Algeria 

Mbappe - Cameroon

In actual fact, they have only 2-3 players in the France squad, who are French. Pavard, Thauvin and Lloris I think

You've got that well wrong. Giroud, Mbappe and Grirezmann were all born in France.  Pogba, Kanye, Varane, Matuidi, Pavard and Lloris were also born in France so that's the nucleus of their team. Only Umtiti was born outside of France in their starting 11 in the final.

Edited by Junk Smuggler

20 minutes ago, The Dukeries Owl said:

From some of the comments I've seen on here there are plenty of Farage 's disciples stalking the threads.

Yes, but Farage is right to some extent, and the accusation of racism is wide of the mark.

When white-skinned immigrants come in from eastern Europe, they're not going to the Cotswolds, Kensington or Sloane Square.

They're going to areas where public services are already stretched to breaking point, areas coincidentally where the ethnic minorities tend to dwell.

It's the same situation in the southern US states where incoming Mexicans are taking the resources of the black community, and competing for the same jobs.

Farage believes, as I do, that we should prioritize migration from former British colonies whom we owe an allegiance to, migrants who also happen to be non-white.

So how Farage can be branded a racist bearng all that in mind is beyond me.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Junk Smuggler said:

You've got that well wrong. Giroud, Mbappe and Grirezmann were all born in France.  Pogba, Kanye, Varane, Matuidi, Pavard and Lloris were also born in France so that's the nucleus of their team. Only Umtiti was born outside of France in their starting 11 in the final.

Spot on

4 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

Yes, but Farage is right to some extent, and the accusation of racism is wide of the mark.

When white-skinned immigrants come in from eastern Europe, they're not going to the Cotswolds, Kensington or Sloane Square.

They're going to areas where public services are already stretched to breaking point, areas coincidentally where the ethnic minorities tend to dwell.

It's the same situation in the southern US states where incoming Mexicans are taking the resources of the black community, and competing for the same jobs.

Farage believes, as I do, that we should prioritize migration from former British colonies whom we owe an allegiance to, migrants who also happen to be non-white.

Foooooook off 

5 minutes ago, Junk Smuggler said:

Just read some random article pal, maybe it meant more about their parents or how much percentage of French they are

7 minutes ago, bigash_swfc said:

Just read some random article pal, maybe it meant more about their parents or how much percentage of French they are

Could be. Zidane was born in France but I think at least one of his parents were Algerian. England have taken advantage of foreign players in Rugby and Cricket for years so we can't really become too objective of players parentage.

9 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

Yes, falling standards everywhere.

I'd have expected better from someone at the Ladies' College.

Barely understand this but anyway,

Checking to see if we've been linked with any decent players and not only have we not - but then gotta read a pro bastaaad farage comment. Fukdatshit

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, TheEnchanter said:

Always been a bit jealous of Wolves. They've had 3 Prem promotions in the last 15 years and always used to beat us. Then they finally took  hit and went down to League One but it seems like it just strengthened them. They look like they're aiming closer to the top 6 of the Prem now than just surviving. 

Well apparently they are aiming for European football within 3 years of the takeover... well according to my work colleague who's a wolves fan anyway.

1 minute ago, MrTacoSWFC said:

Well apparently they are aiming for European football within 3 years of the takeover... well according to my work colleague who's a wolves fan anyway.

Think they will survive comfortably. But a couple of thrashings from the big boys may bring them down to earth.

Guest wilyfox
13 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Meanwhile at Hillsbro 

See the source image

Blimey, them Dessos don't hold up well over summer do they?

1 hour ago, Athelwulf said:

He's not a racist, his kids have got German passports.

2 minutes ago, The Dukeries Owl said:

He's not a racist, his kids have got German passports.

And there's something else Farage ain't wrong about.

Mass migration from Europe pushes down wages.

Two people for one job = power in the hands of the employer.

Two jobs for one person = power in the hands of the worker.

That's why the common people rose out of serfdom after the Black Death, because the workforce was so diminished.

It's like the early 80s with 3.5 million people out of work and too few jobs to go round, and asking that drowning man where he works.

OK, you can understand the Tories favouring it because it helps business by boosting their profits, but how can Labour sanction it?

Up the workers my bottom.