#SWFC Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours Thread

Cahill will not entertain dropping down to the championship, and rightly so , he’s still more than capable of Premier league football 

8 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

He is already worth 20+ million.

Quite possibly, I was comparing my valuation to the James Maddison transfer, 22m. 

At 18, Phil hasn't proved his worth, like Maddison did. Man City probably have no desire to sell, which makes him priceless, I guess

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

Too right, but would any championship club be able to afford his wages Makes me angry that we wasted all that money on players we didn’t need Now, if he was available, he’s perfect for what we do need, and now we definitely don’t have the resources

Come on cahill ain't dropping to the championship forget about the resources 

This is what no activity in the preseason does to you. Stalking the chairmans son on social media, thinking Cahill will drop down to the championship or that Jones is on any less than £200k a week. Do something Wednesday ffs

:duntmatter:

• Like 1

Guest wilyfox

I would think Cahill has another 2 or 3 years in the prem at least. I doubt even the Lampard connection would be enough to lure him to the championship, before even considering finances it would take.

There is definitely some sort of link with man City. We have signed some of their Academy players over last couple of years not sure if any of recent intake have arrived from City. We have lost Ramsdale and Wilkinson to them in each of last two years and we have used their training facilities to play a game. About 3 weeks ago a chap on Twitter asked Nixon about Fletcher possibly leaving this was before Greek story broke in same tweet he asked about us having talks re Man City youngsters and any news on Abdi leaving to return to Switzerland.

Nixon did not reply but one story was correct and I suspect there was some truth in other stories. Foden is jewel in man City crown and if any of young players make it into first team squad at City it will be him. Diaz is good but not in same category as Foden. Adarebioyo is what we need big powerful mobile centreback. Hope Att has some good info on these.

We were told Rhodes had to leave before anybody came in. I susect we are compliant with FFp at this time but need somebody else moving to allow us to get players in and stay under FFP constraints.

It appears we are sending Goalkeeper out on loan if Westwood think this will allow us to bring in players we require.

Cahill wouldn’t drop to Wednesday imo 

hes just been into the World Cup semi’s and is more than capable of playing in the highest leagues. 

Although i I wonder if we did sign him, would he refuse to play against Chelsea when we get promoted   :ph34r:

27 minutes ago, bigash_swfc said:

Quite possibly, I was comparing my valuation to the James Maddison transfer, 22m. 

At 18, Phil hasn't proved his worth, like Maddison did. Man City probably have no desire to sell, which makes him priceless, I guess

Put it like this if someone put in a 19.9m bid for him tomorrow. city are turning it down.

This barely means anything....but it's interesting. Possibly already picked up on.

When Jos managed Hertha BSC between 2012-2015 his key striker was....Pierre-Michel Lassoga and he also managed Elias Kachunga.

Lassoga has since returned to Hamburger SV since his loan to Leeds ended. He's on a whopping 60k per week, his club paid 8.5m for him and got relegated to Bundesliga 2. 

They want shut of him immediately and are open to offers. 

9 minutes ago, bigash_swfc said:

This barely means anything....but it's interesting. Possibly already picked up on.

When Jos managed Hertha BSC between 2012-2015 his key striker was....Pierre-Michel Lassoga and he also managed Elias Kachunga.

Lassoga has since returned to Hamburger SV since his loan to Leeds ended. He's on a whopping 60k per week, his club paid 8.5m for him and got relegated to Bundesliga 2. 

But he was crap at Leeds last season and we don't need anymore strikers we need to off load two more and cannot get rid.

With the likely re injury of Hooper this could scupper us getting rid of Fletcher too.

If we have learnt anything from this summer Jos does not have the links with German football everyone seems to think as Bundesliga 2 players have been signing for many Championship teams and we have been linked with none, we haven't even got a few on trial for preseason,

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, bigash_swfc said:

They'll have the same problem we've got then.

1 minute ago, room0035 said:

But he was crap at Leeds last season and we don't need anymore strikers we need to off load two more and cannot get rid.

With the likely re injury of Hooper this could scupper us getting rid of Fletcher too.

If we have learnt anything from this summer Jos does not have the links with German football everyone seems to think as Bundesliga 2 players have been signing for many Championship teams and we have been linked with none, we haven't even got a few on trial for preseason,

The Under 23's will be full of trialists next season and lets face it, Nuhiu's been crap for 2 & half years, now he's a key player.

Different managers can get more out of certain players.

7 minutes ago, room0035 said:

That theory might hold a bit more water if we’d signed anyone, been linked with anyone or had anyone on trial from anywhere* never mind Bundesliga 2

*Sam Smart excepted

1 minute ago, bigash_swfc said:

The Under 23's will be full of trialists next season and lets face it, Nuhiu's been crap for 2 & half years, now he's a key player.

Different managers can get more out of certain players.

Yes I agree if we were picking up free agents but signed players who clearly are not good enough for this level on his showing at Leeds, on a silly wage with probably a big transfer fee.

Or we can find a free agent, with experience of playing in the championship, who would probably not cost the earth with wages and try and develop him instead. From last season in this league alone there were about 10-20 strikers who are free agents.

We don't need anymore strikers but look at the attached apologies if its out of date now.

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/championship-free-agents-full-list-14439048

1 minute ago, Sonny said:

That theory might hold a bit more water if we’d signed anyone, been linked with anyone or had anyone on trial from anywhere* never mind Bundesliga 2

*Sam Smart excepted

I do hope Sam Smart does well, there are a lot of good players in none league, that for one reason or another did not get signed up and it could be a good place to pick up cheap young players develop them or improve them to move on for profit.