#SWFC Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours Thread

16 minutes ago, Fuzzy logics said:

Man Utd in for Fox.

Easy this rumour stuff innit?

Let me give it a go 

Barcelona in for Fletcher 

Surprisingly easy that 

• Haha 2

Why would Fulham go for Hooper? They will buy Mitrovic and they play 4-3-3 and I think they want a big sod up front and 2 fast wide players on the flanks.

Fulham will not sign Gary Hooper. He’s been injured most of last season and apparently he is behind Fletcher and Lee in fitness.

For the record, I am a massive Gary Hooper fan - my type of player. He is a top championship player but if I was a premier manager, I wouldn’t go for him.

Can't see the Hooper to Fulham thing happening.

Jokanovic rigidly sticks to a 4-3-3, and loves a static forward at the fulcrum. Mitrovic this season, Chris Martin last. It was Deeney at Watford. 

Hooper is a player that could play at the top level, but I can't see him doing it with Fulham. 

Forest don’t worry me too much, Wolves’ first season under Lambert, plus Boro and Villa last season are among countless examples of why chucking money at it without much in the way of thought is far from guaranteed to get you up. They’ve proven no more likely to achieve promotion than clubs who watch their pennies and spend them wisely like Huddersfield or Cardiff.

If Leeds nail Bielsa’s tactical approach (is a second tier team playing 46 games a season capable of sustaining the high-intensity required?) then they will be strong challengers.

Edited by Groundhopping Owl

58 minutes ago, Arcadianrocket said:

Fulham in for Hooper/

The same Hooper that's currently missing training due to the groin problem that kept him out for the last 4 months of last season.

3 hours ago, joelswfc said:

As much as I'd love Iorfa here, surely it's unrealistic? I assume any loan would come with an obligation to buy and the money they'd want would be well out of our league. Nevertheless if we can get him on a straight loan it'd be some signing.

In all fairness he spent last season at Ipswich who are renowned for not spending much. If they can do it, why can't we? Made more possible now Wolves are in the PL.

3 hours ago, room0035 said:

No it didn't but the current policy with all premier league clubs is ignore FFP and blow what ever you need to get promoted. Until this chance FFP is pointless.

Oh in your figures you forgot to add on to the loss the £30m in parachute payments Newcastle got to supplement the spending on players. That teams in the league don't get.

No I didn't, I just had a quick look at there official accounts on companies house. Try it instead of guessing or making things up.

Edited by just visiting

16 minutes ago, Junk Smuggler said:

In all fairness he spent last season at Ipswich who are renowned for not spending much. If they can do it, why can't we? Made more possible now Wolves are in the PL.

Very fair point. Just wonder if they’ll only look to sell now they’re in the Prem and aren’t likely to need him.

18 minutes ago, just visiting said:

No I didn't, I just had a quick look at there official accounts on companies house. Try it instead of guessing or making things up.

I posted an article in a paper you really need to roll your neck back in.

16 minutes ago, joelswfc said:

Very fair point. Just wonder if they’ll only look to sell now they’re in the Prem and aren’t likely to need him.

Fair point too. DC has done the loan first to permanent deals on 3 or 4 occasions now (another if we get Venancio) so it seems to be his preferred route. Obviously this is all speculation but whether Wolves would do that who knows.