#SWFC Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours Thread

1 hour ago, mogbad said:

Not heard that one but it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if we cashed in on Westwood. If he stays one of Wildsmith or Dawson will need to be loaned out.

I can see this happening.  Dawson already let slip that he thought we couldn't continue with 3 keepers at the level they are at, so someone had to give.  Makes sense that we'd keep the young ones and sell the (arguably) most valuable to fund our shortfalls in other areas.  What with Jos's multiple statements about wanting more youth in the side. 

4 minutes ago, bigash_swfc said:

I'm livid. I just hope Jos knows exactly what he's doing. 

Jordan Rhodes and Jack Hunt raised the profile and performances of the whole squad. Along with others ofcourse. 

Also to integrate a player into the squad as valuable to the first team as Jack Hunt was, they better act quick. We don't want that year long settling in process.

Am I being whooshed here? :ph34r:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, boxing_day said:

This might have been posted but heard Westwood to Brighton. Not sure if there is any truth. But I think they want another possible 1st choice keeper for competition for Ryan, and I’m sure with a decent fee he’d be available.

Theyve been looking at a few championship keepers so that might be where it’s come from 

I don’t really understand why anyone thinks we need to be keeping 3 capable No 1’s on the books like .....  if Westwood stays then either Wildsmith or Dawson need to be moving on 

and I wouldn’t really think Wildsmith will be up for a loan move, he’s already proved himself capable of that No 1 shirt 

In terms of this season I think the best scenario is to loan Dawson out, have Westwood number 1 and Wildsmith number 2. But for financial reasons I feel selling one of them is an opportunity too good to miss. Selling Westwood is most logical but may also be the biggest challenge so I feel Dawson or Wildsmith might be out of the door soon.

Id rather keep Wildsmith and Dawson, who both have the potential to be our number one stopper for the next decade , but also their value will continue to rise , unlikes Westwoods. 

I think there’s a lot of panicking going on with us moving the odd player out, because it hasn’t happened for so long a lot of fans are assuming it’s the wrong thing to do and could be a sign of bad times ahead 

but honestly ... I’m happy enough, within reason I’ve said all along since the end of last season our focus should be moving players out and having a fresh crack at balancing this squad out with some strong recruitment in the right areas 

Hunts gone

Rhodes

Westwood 

Jones

Abdi

can all follow him for me 

44 minutes ago, marcx666 said:

But, you were one of many many people who were saying our squad was too big and we needed to get rid of some.......I mean, I even agreed with you, don't change it now :ph34r:

It was/is, and there are more that will be going I’d imagine, but we do still have to address our own issues Don’t want to be scrambling about last minute looking for players

4 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

It was/is, and there are more that will be going I’d imagine, but we do still have to address our own issues Don’t want to be scrambling about last minute looking for players

well offloading the old players isnt a bad thing, which was what I agreed with you on in the first place. We have a big squad and a fair few older players, so Loovrens and Wallace and such going, it's a good thing. Hunt, I'd imagine Jos has a plan, Venancio, it's no secret we want him back permanently. Outside of Forest who are the new wolves only worse, no one has really made any major moves yet

2 hours ago, boxing_day said:

This might have been posted but heard Westwood to Brighton. Not sure if there is any truth. But I think they want another possible 1st choice keeper for competition for Ryan, and I’m sure with a decent fee he’d be available.

Brighton signed Sunderland’s Jason Steele last week I think so I doubt they’d be looking at another keeper 

I reckon Boyd is going to be RWB 

Hoping for a signing, some promising young un from Prem would be nice , Byram I think will go to Leeds or Forest , Posh will want a big deal for Baldwin who I’ve not seen much of if im honest , wonder why Celtic weren’t interested in Odubajo ? He’s training with Brentford now ... not played in so long though would be a huge risk but a player I really liked a few years ago 

Just now, modboy said:

Just now, modboy said:

Surprised they’re in for another keeper having just signed one but then again who would’ve expected Lee Grant to be linked with Man Utd

10 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

I reckon once the Rhodes fee is agreed we will see Venancio (fee), Joao Amaral (loan) and Bryam (loan) announced soon afterwards.  Probably just need to add a LWB after that

Be pretty happy with that Missing out on Byram wouldn’t bother me, plenty of loan alternatives out there