#SWFC Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours Thread

1 hour ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

Marcus Maddison transfer listed. Think we were linked with him along with Jack Marriott. 

Just paper talk. Peterborough will probably want triple what we would be willing to pay.

Guest wilyfox
3 hours ago, joelswfc said:

Think it’s about time someone started a ‘rumour’.

Edgar Prib. You heard it hear first. 

The guys a crock, and surprise surprise... currently out with cruciate injury. 

3 hours ago, joelswfc said:

Think it’s about time someone started a ‘rumour’.

Edgar Prib. You heard it hear first. 

out with a crutiate injury, but his club have extended his contract anyway. He's going nowhere.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, cookeh said:

Fabio's had his contract extended for a year at Middlesboro.. don't mean he wont be leaving this summer, but does mean he'll now cost a fee. Shame.

29 minutes ago, Buddy Repperton said:

He's utter garbage. :duntmatter: 

ShitAnyway.png.29da36981f066ac5a7d664da8b535208.png

• Haha 2

That Jon Nolan for Shrewsbury looks a decent player. Gets goals and assists. Looks like a more forward thinking version of Barry Bannan to me. Scored a beauty in the play offs, looks creative and good on the ball too. If Shrewsbury don't go up, someone like him might be a shrewd signing?

3 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

We have done previously and it’s not got us up has it? Plenty of players have made the step up successfully.

No choice imo. It’s back rummaging in the bargain bins unless the likes of Foresteri, Bannan etc are sold off.

6 minutes ago, pussface said:

No choice imo. It’s back rummaging in the bargain bins unless the likes of Foresteri, Bannan etc are sold off.

not necessarily, it can be done astutely, look at the likes of Cardiff, we just gotta be smart. Look for some out contract players, loan in some quality and search for some hidden gems in the Lower Leagues or abroad, etc. There is quality there, it's just a matter of finding it before it's out of our price range.

7 hours ago, gurujuan said:

Think we have to set our sights higher than Peterborough Utd, when we go recruiting

Why?

That's very short sighted.

Plenty of quality players start in the lower leagues.

Do you think Leicester regret buying Vardy?

We could maybe afford thirty something premier players looking for a last pay day. 

Hopefully they won't come with too many injuries.

FFS.

• Like 1

For years now with the very odd exception we , as a club have been useless at picking up talent from the lower leagues.

The snortbeasts picked up Baldock and Stevens last year for next to nowt , and both had very good seasons at this level, so it would be foolish to ignore.

However Jos seems to have nailed his colors to the mast saying he wants champ experience or prem loans.

is it only me who thinks we don't really need to sign anyone ?

Once the players who been injured are back and fit our squad is sound.. with the younsters being drafted in who don't look massively out of place and give them

a pre-season can kick on further.. the likes of kirby, baker , thornley etc..

Don't think we will need a LB - we will play Reach as LWB with Fox to cover and Penny maybe even Boyd-  3-5-2 / 5-3-2 formation.

Right WB - Hunt / Barker / Palmer

CB - Lee's / Thornliey / Venancio / Nielson / Pudil 

MF - Bannan / Pelupessy / Jones / Fernando (roaming no 10) / Lee (hopefully) / Kirby / Abdi (I know) / Boyd / Matias

Up Top - Nuihu / Joao / Rhodes / Hooper / Fletcher 

Unless one or two of our first team players are snaffled up, then we need to replace.. but I'd say we are pretty much covered with a fit squad

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Doctor Duran said:

Once the players who been injured are back and fit our squad is sound.. with the younsters being drafted in who don't look massively out of place and give them

Don't think we will need a LB - we will play Reach as LWB with Fox to cover and Penny maybe even Boyd-  3-5-2 / 5-3-2 formation.

MF - Bannan / Pelupessy / Jones / Fernando (roaming no 10) / Lee (hopefully) / Kirby / Abdi (I know) / Boyd / Matias

Unless one or two of our first team players are snaffled up, then we need to replace.. but I'd say we are pretty much covered with a fit squad

I hear what you're saying but Fox, Boyd, Palmer and Jones aren't good enough to be back ups and really need moving on. Abdi and Matias will always have fitness issues and also ideally need moving on.

The youngsters look promising but we also need about 3-4 new additions to be a top 6 team in my opinion including a player with real pace to stretch teams and offer a genuine threat on the counter attack.

What I really like about Jos is he improves players. Jaoa nuhui and Fred couldn’t get a sniff and finish the season like world beaters. BB and FF have come back fired up. Can’t wait to see what he can do with hooper. Think he will bring four or five in tbh. Probably loans or low key signings. But this guy knows what he’s doing.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Mr. Wednesday said:

That Jon Nolan for Shrewsbury looks a decent player. Gets goals and assists. Looks like a more forward thinking version of Barry Bannan to me. Scored a beauty in the play offs, looks creative and good on the ball too. If Shrewsbury don't go up, someone like him might be a shrewd signing?

Apparently we have watchedhimover last few months.

2 hours ago, Doctor Duran said:

Venancio has gone back to his parent club and personally I think there is better for the money being branded about. 

You've missed Winnall up top too. 

I'd like us to show interest in Maddison from Peterborough