#SWFC Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours Thread

10 hours ago, Bluesteel said:

No links, but Sonny Bradley reminds me of a Shaun Morrison type, 11 goals in 89 games at Plymouth. Very tall and aggressive and on a free this summer.

Completely agree, not sure if he had been mentioned before. He reminds me of Aden Flint at Brizzle.

11 hours ago, Bluesteel said:

No links, but Sonny Bradley reminds me of a Shaun Morrison type, 11 goals in 89 games at Plymouth. Very tall and aggressive and on a free this summer.

I watched most of the Scunny v Plymouth game the other night and it showed Neil Harris and Nigel Clough in the crowd and they speculated on who they were watching..............seemed to be down to Carey , Toney , Adelakun or Bradley.

Bradley has a similar build to Flint / Van Aken but a tad more aggressive than the latter.

23 hours ago, spiderman said:

Here here........he's had a decent couple of months for us.....please don't get carried away....we can do better than this man.

Share your sentiments mate but it's pretty clear we are really skint.

While didn't stop Cardiff , Blades etc we must get top scouting help in to get us anywhere near top 6.

15 hours ago, gurujuan said:

Though after he said that, we again had scouts at Benfica Who knows what we will do, I’m sure there will be other people who have more input than Jos

That is remnants of old CC contract. As soon as he went to Swansea scouts started tuurning up at games from swansea. if you look back through previous reports it said in one of them that probably a contract with Agency to scout until end of season. in this report it indicated it may be people using our club name to get free tickets to game. I sytill stick with original comment.

4 hours ago, sheriwozgod said:

I watched most of the Scunny v Plymouth game the other night and it showed Neil Harris and Nigel Clough in the crowd and they speculated on who they were watching..............seemed to be down to Carey , Toney , Adelakun or Bradley.

Bradley has a similar build to Flint / Van Aken but a tad more aggressive than the latter.

It’s the aggression we need IMO. He may be a limited footballer compared to VA but we seemed to want the complete package last summer and the only option was to buy potential. But I think aggression is something you can’t really teach either.  

With the exception of Lees we are far too soft and it costs us against the sides at the bottom. Wilbraham climbing all over Venancio to score for Bolton was an example.

Edited by Bluesteel

6 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

It’s the aggression we need IMO. He may be a limited footballer compared to VA but we seemed to want the complete package last summer and the only option was to buy potential. But I think aggression is something you can’t really teach either.  

With the exception of Lees we are far too soft and it costs us against the sides at the bottom. Wilbraham climbing all over Venancio to score for Bolton was an example.

I totally agree..............just about everyone has been saying since wembley that we need a tall dominant centre half.

Guest wilyfox

2 hours ago, Bluesteel said:

Everyone other than those who buy the players :sad:

To be fair, we did try to get one in Sean Morrison. Jury still out on van Aken. Needs to man up a bit. 

1 hour ago, wilyfox said:

To be fair, we did try to get one in Sean Morrison. Jury still out on van Aken. Needs to man up a bit. 

True, but it seemed odd that we went for him when Carlos rattled off the description of what he wanted ie someone who could play football, win headers and cope 1 vs 1. 

Jos has given a clear indication of the players he his looking for. Aged 18-22 in the Championship or premier League u/23 teams. Rather than someone who does not fit this profile who or what are available in this range and could we possibly get to Hillsborough for next season/

I have had a quick look and came up with the following.

Matt Target Southampton Left Back

Toisin Adarabioyo Manchester City Cebtre half

Rthan Adampa Chelsea Defender multi purpose and also defensive midfield.

love to hear anyone elses thoughts on likely candidates sure somebody will get one right.

4 hours ago, Quist said:

Jos has given a clear indication of the players he his looking for. Aged 18-22 in the Championship or premier League u/23 teams. Rather than someone who does not fit this profile who or what are available in this range and could we possibly get to Hillsborough for next season/

love to hear anyone elses thoughts on likely candidates sure somebody will get one right.

If we're going to play a system with wingers I could see us going in for Ryan Kent at Liverpool. Disappointing loan at Bristol City this season but reckon we might take a chance on him. Obviously if we're sticking with the 352 there's not much point.

1 minute ago, joelswfc said:

If we're going to play a system with wingers I could see us going in for Ryan Kent at Liverpool. Disappointing loan at Bristol City this season but reckon we might take a chance on him. Obviously if we're sticking with the 352 there's not much point.

if Jos is telling truth it sounds as though we will be using a variety of systems if he gets players he wants.

Think ryan Kent is good call.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Quist said:

Are you are just going for scrabble scores, and the money generated per letter on the shirts?

• Haha 1

Guest Kagoshimaowl
On 03/05/2018 at 23:13, Bluesteel said:

While I get your point, your example is a bit harsh.  Venancio slipped over, nothing to do with being bullied.

That was a great end to the season. Gives me a lot of confidence for the next one. Whilst I love signing new players, the priority has to be Venancio and Nuhiu - two players who couldn’t get a look in 6 months ago. Strange times.

if we can get both signed then we’re in the luxury position of being able to think more broadly as to whether or which position to boost. Probably left back.

But going into the closed season, this is the strongest I think we’ve been for many a year. And it’s all down to finally having a manager who gets the best out of players we had previously thought not good enough.

I’m genuinely excited for next season. And it all because of a great signing we got 6 months ago - Jos.

• Like 2