#SWFC Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours Thread

42 minutes ago, owl84 said:

Roberts from Man City??? We have to be realistic he's been playing Champions League.

Nah hes been Playing for Celtic 6 champions League games then a season of league 1 football.

Wouldn't be cheap but Man City might see it as the next stage of his development.

2 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Nah hes been Playing for Celtic 6 champions League games then a season of league 1 football.

Wouldn't be cheap but Man City might see it as the next stage of his development.

You’d think going on loan to a Cardiff or Brighton will be the next stage of his development 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, room0035 said:

It would be a step back in his development joining a Championship club, rather than playing in Europe. He's also been injured for a large part of this season. As above he would have a number of Premier League teams after him Everton, Burnley, Southampton, Cardiff, Huddersfield, Brighton etc

He's never played League one played for Fulham 15/16.

Edited by owl84

Over the last two season in league Erhun Oztumer has average 1 in 3 goal (88 games 30 goals) ratio from midfield he is now a free agent surely this is the sort of play we could take a punt on and his wages won't be excessive coming from league one - 26 years old so not in his prime could be a good option to have in the midfield or a cheap replacement if we move some of the current squad on.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, owl84 said:

It would be a step back in his development joining a Championship club, rather than playing in Europe. He's also been injured for a large part of this season. As above he would have a number of Premier League teams after him Everton, Burnley, Southampton, Cardiff, Huddersfield, Brighton etc

He's never played League one played for Fulham 15/16.

I was meaning that the Scottish Premier League is about the standard of League one 

15 minutes ago, owl84 said:

Celtic aren't though and the experience in the Champions League is massive

Problem is Celtic are too good for the league the rest of the clubs are league one at best - their only competition Rangers have their own issues. So each week they play teams that would struggling in league one - he may score a lot of goals but it won't develop his game ad then when Celtic play in Europe then get beaten most games.

Or he comes to a competitive league which is developing into an unofficial Premier League 2 and prove he can make the step up. FOr me I think it would be a good move but he will probably end up at Cardiff or Brighton next season.

5 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Problem is Celtic are too good for the league the rest of the clubs are league one at best - their only competition Rangers have their own issues. So each week they play teams that would struggling in league one - he may score a lot of goals but it won't develop his game ad then when Celtic play in Europe then get beaten most games.

Or he comes to a competitive league which is developing into an unofficial Premier League 2 and prove he can make the step up. FOr me I think it would be a good move but he will probably end up at Cardiff or Brighton next season.

I think the standard of the Championship is getting lower each season as is the lower premier league hence why there has been Huddersfield and Cardiff go up and then stay up. It's very competitive but not a decent standard. 

12 Champions League games at 21 is good going and there getting stronger in it each year. But the likes of Aberdeen, Rangers, Hibs and Hearts would compete above league one.  

39 minutes ago, owl84 said:

I think the standard of the Championship is getting lower each season as is the lower premier league hence why there has been Huddersfield and Cardiff go up and then stay up. It's very competitive but not a decent standard. 

12 Champions League games at 21 is good going and there getting stronger in it each year. But the likes of Aberdeen, Rangers, Hibs and Hearts would compete above league one.  

I am not sure about the standard of the Championship getting easy I think more teams are spending a lot more money to compete and because of miss management and complacency the teams coming down don't go straight back up.

i cannot remember a season recently though that all of last season promoted teams stayed up, it has not happened for a while.

40 minutes ago, room0035 said:

I am not sure about the standard of the Championship getting easy I think more teams are spending a lot more money to compete and because of miss management and complacency the teams coming down don't go straight back up.

i cannot remember a season recently though that all of last season promoted teams stayed up, it has not happened for a while.

Apparently in the top 5 divisions in England not one promoted team from last season got relegated.

Amazing.

17 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Apparently in the top 5 divisions in England not one promoted team from last season got relegated.

Amazing.

I bet the odds on that would have paid Abdi's salary for a few weeks lol

On 10/05/2018 at 22:40, Mr. Wednesday said:

not necessarily, it can be done astutely, look at the likes of Cardiff, we just gotta be smart. Look for some out contract players, loan in some quality and search for some hidden gems in the Lower Leagues or abroad, etc. There is quality there, it's just a matter of finding it before it's out of our price range.

So look for bargains as I said?

On ‎5‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 14:37, room0035 said:

Over the last two season in league Erhun Oztumer has average 1 in 3 goal (88 games 30 goals) ratio from midfield he is now a free agent surely this is the sort of play we could take a punt on and his wages won't be excessive coming from league one - 26 years old so not in his prime could be a good option to have in the midfield or a cheap replacement if we move some of the current squad on.

He made L1 team of the season, even though playing for a team fighting relegation. He is a creative midfield player. The downside is his height at 5'3".

Worth considering IMO, especially if Clare goes as seems likely.