#SWFC Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours Thread

2 hours ago, Doctor Duran said:

is it only me who thinks we don't really need to sign anyone ?

Once the players who been injured are back and fit our squad is sound.. with the younsters being drafted in who don't look massively out of place and give them

a pre-season can kick on further.. the likes of kirby, baker , thornley etc..

Don't think we will need a LB - we will play Reach as LWB with Fox to cover and Penny maybe even Boyd-  3-5-2 / 5-3-2 formation.

Right WB - Hunt / Barker / Palmer

CB - Lee's / Thornliey / Venancio / Nielson / Pudil 

MF - Bannan / Pelupessy / Jones / Fernando (roaming no 10) / Lee (hopefully) / Kirby / Abdi (I know) / Boyd / Matias

Up Top - Nuihu / Joao / Rhodes / Hooper / Fletcher 

Unless one or two of our first team players are snaffled up, then we need to replace.. but I'd say we are pretty much covered with a fit squad

The luxury of a fit squad is not always possibly so to say we are pretty much covered is dangerous. With no loan window you could end up firefighting for 3 months which doesn't make sense. Plus Jos will have his own idea on players and it's unfair to say you have to use players from a previous regime. I don't think we will get many (unless some are sold) but including Venancio and a couple of loans I still think we will see about 5 through the door.

13 hours ago, Mr. Wednesday said:

That Jon Nolan for Shrewsbury looks a decent player. Gets goals and assists. Looks like a more forward thinking version of Barry Bannan to me. Scored a beauty in the play offs, looks creative and good on the ball too. If Shrewsbury don't go up, someone like him might be a shrewd signing?

Can't see it tbh. Don't see any resemblance to Bannan at all. His passing doesn't seem up to snuff, and overall he look lightweight.. even compare to wee Bannan. By all accounts the playoff goal is the greatest goal he's ever scored, so i'd not be after him just on the back of that. Seems like a decent League One player. We're planning to be back in the playoffs and going up next season.. so signing him seems like a waste of time.

First signing for me would be Adam Clayton if possible. I'd then make him captain.

This guy is exactly what we miss. An unselfish player who knows his limitations going forwards and therefore expertly protects the back line and covers positions when players bomb forward. It would allow the likes of Bannan, Lee and Forestieri more freedom.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Junk Smuggler said:

First signing for me would be Adam Clayton if possible. I'd then make him captain.

This guy is exactly what we miss. An unselfish player who knows his limitations going forwards and therefore expertly protects the back line and covers positions when players bomb forward. It would allow the likes of Bannan, Lee and Forestieri more freedom.

And he plays a mean bass.....

• Haha 2

45 minutes ago, Junk Smuggler said:

This is exactly what Pelupessy does

39 minutes ago, MarkS43Owl said:

This is exactly what Pelupessy does

Pelupessy seems a really good lad, but he’s got a lot of improving to do. Made a point of watching him against Norwich, and the game passes him by. Squad player at present imo.

Basically, we need a fit, disciplined Hutchinson. If fit, Hutchinson is made for the middle centre back spot in a 3. We then need to buy a monster from Nigeria for the middle of the park. Big unit, wrecking ball. 

Assuming everyone is fit for the start of preseason we need to be looking more at get rid of players.

Fox, Hunt, Palmer, Matias, Abdi, Jones, Fletcher, Winnall for me all need to go.

We then need a new left back either Garbutt (Everton) or Cunningham (Preston) coming in

We need a new right back for me the best option this season aside is Gunter (Reading)

Then we need a new right back if money no object then take a punt on Maddison (Peterboro), if it is then Marshall (Wolves) or Roberts (Man CIty Loan)

We then just replace if we get silly offers for players we want to keep.

1 minute ago, vulva said:

Pelupessy seems a really good lad, but he’s got a lot of improving to do. Made a point of watching him against Norwich, and the game passes him by. Squad player at present imo.

Basically, we need a fit, disciplined Hutchinson. If fit, Hutchinson is made for the middle centre back spot in a 3. We then need to buy a monster from Nigeria for the middle of the park. Big unit, wrecking ball. 

Pelupessy does a lot of the donkey work allowing Bannan to play a more free, creative role. He closes the play down, rarely gives the other midfielders a moment and also breaks up the play. However it's very rare that you see him on the ball, which as a CDM is very important.

However a fit Hutchinson is a million times better than Pelupessy and would give us that added lift in mindfield.

Just now, MarkS43Owl said:

Pelupessy does a lot of the donkey work allowing Bannan to play a more free, creative role. He closes the play down, rarely gives the other midfielders a moment and also breaks up the play. However it's very rare that you see him on the ball, which as a CDM is very important.

However a fit Hutchinson is a million times better than Pelupessy and would give us that added lift in mindfield.

Agree. Works hard, genuine lad. Needs a good pre season. Looks a decent buy, but the pace and power of this league is a bit too much for him at present. Dutch league is a bit more technical and forgiving. 

An option if we go down the wing back route next season might be Oleksandr Zinchenko at city not getting a lot of game time and at 21 is a good age to push on with regular first team football could give us the energy and pace we are missing on the right flank

2 minutes ago, vulva said:

Agree. Works hard, genuine lad. Needs a good pre season. Looks a decent buy, but the pace and power of this league is a bit too much for him at present. Dutch league is a bit more technical and forgiving. 

He's young enough to improve and get used to the toughness of the league. Having better players around him fighting for his position might also give him a boost. At the end of the season, the only player competing with him was David Jones and the less said about him the better.

1 hour ago, Junk Smuggler said:

This.

Quite like Joey, but Clayton's an upgrade. Been there and done it.

On 03/05/2018 at 07:30, yeadonowl said:

We have no chance whatsoever of signing either Marriott or Maddison from Peterborough.

Their chairman rates Marriott as better than both Gayle and Asombalonga at this stage. He wants at least 8m for him

Theu have already turned down 6m for Maddison in January so it’s going to take a similar amount to get him

Wouldn't mind either/both tbh at the right price, however...

Marriott played 2 games for Ipswich 3+years ago, other than that NONE OF THEM HAVE PLAYED ABOVE TIER 3 in this country.

Yet, according to your figures, their chairman wants a MINIMUM of 14 MILLION+ for the pair!!!

Therefore, I have come to the conclusion that one of the following must be true...

1) your figures are wrong.

2) their chairman is extremely optimistic and will get nowhere near what he wants.

3) their chairman will get what he asks, in which case the world's gone f.king mad.

21 minutes ago, vulva said:

The fourth goal against Norwich showed him to have both of those attributes in spades. That said, even as a big fan of Pelupessy, I agree with you- he doesn't show it consistently enough. Has power when on the ball and with his mobility, but less so when in a defensive situation. Must improve, hope he can. Like you say, he's got a good attitude and is young... Worst case scenario is he's a consistent and respected member of the match day 18, best is that he develops into a bit of a player at this level. Fingers crossed for the latter, but for £400k the former isn't a bad outcome.

1 hour ago, vulva said:

Basically, we need a fit, disciplined Hutchinson. If fit, Hutchinson is made for the middle centre back spot in a 3. We then need to buy a Monster from Nigeria for the middle of the park. Big unit, wrecking ball. 

I know just the player. Struggling to afford the air fare though. If you could just supply your bank details. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

Assuming everyone is fit for the start of preseason we need to be looking more at get rid of players.

Fox, Hunt, Palmer, Matias, Abdi, Jones, Fletcher, Winnall for me all need to go.

We then need a new left back either Garbutt (Everton) or Cunningham (Preston) coming in

We need a new right back for me the best option this season aside is Gunter (Reading)

Then we need a new right back if money no object then take a punt on Maddison (Peterboro), if it is then Marshall (Wolves) or Roberts (Man CIty Loan)

We then just replace if we get silly offers for players we want to keep.

Roberts from Man City??? We have to be realistic he's been playing Champions League.

5 minutes ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

I know just the player. Struggling to afford the air fare though. If you could just supply your bank details. 

If you send me £10k as a test transaction, I can reverse the payment with say, £4m for the player. It’s how all the top clubs do it. Honest. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, vulva said:

Don't encourage people to say we should go for Yaya (I know he's from the Ivory Coast)