Starting Lineup against The Blades...

Jos not had any time really to work with the players and has a threadbare squad available, so is still a case of choosing in whoever is fit. That said, expect we will work predominantly on shape this week in training, expect to line up 4231 and be compact.  

Reach has shown he can run with the ball and has a goal in him, Matias and Joao have a bit of pace, so could be our counterattacking threat. Wallace has been poor this season, but sounds like he was more with it at the weekend and maybe a kick up the arse will do him good, he would be the safe option. 

Wouldn't be averse to Clare being involved, returned from a decent loan spell in good form, can he kick on in the Championship?

Wildsmith

Palmer (is Hunt fully fit?)

Loovens

Venancio

Pudil

Hutchinson

? we are really weak here, neither Jones or Buttercup deserve a shirt..could Abdi fill in and pick a pass from deep?

Wallace

Reach

Joao

Rhodes

If the following are fit and Jos is planning to counter attack, could we see something like this?

Westwood

Palmer - Venancio - Loovens - Fox

Clare - Hutch

Boyd- Abdi - Reach

Joao

I don't rate Fox at all and Loovens is a liability but we're not blessed with defensive options at the minute. 

We need players in the side on Friday who are up for a fight or have something to prove - our backs will be against the wall for long periods unless we have pace to prent them playing too high up the pitch.

I am not sure Fox should start.

Wallace in purely for his experience, shooting, guile and windup streak.

Clare in to prove himself.

Pudil is stronger than Fox - a fighter even though he will tire after on 70 minutes - Clark will pull both full backs around for 90 minutes.

Hutch can drop back into a 5 if either CB is pulled out wide to cover Pudil or Palmer.

Reach and Joao will be key IMO to offer a threat from distance and run directly at them.

We need someone through the middle who can keep up to support - run on so Clare maybe the man of the moment?

Jones on the bench with Abdi, Fox [out of necessity] and Nuhiu.

Not a game for Butterfield & Rhodes IMO - too slow / not strong enough for counter attacking or playing 1 up front - Jones and Butterfield should never be used in the same team... 

There is the possibility that some players who looked totally lost and out of place under CC could end up being better players.

By the way, I still maintain our best performance under CC was playing 4-2-3-1 v Arsenal.

Wildsmith

Hunt         Lees        Loovens      Pudil

Hutch      Lee

Wallace         Bannan         Helan

Joao

Some will disagree, some will say we played 4-1-4-1, but for me it was 4-2-3-1. I think we'll see an improvement regardless.

1 hour ago, GHS said:

Matias in a 451 as attacking RW or CAM?

Absolutely 

Matias is a chocolate soldier , he would pretend to be injured after 15 mins and want to go off . 

Or do what he did against Fulham and get sent off , pathetic excuse for a footballer 

Wildsmith

Palmer, Hutchinson. Loovens, Penney

Jones

Boyd,  Reach  wallace

Joao, Rhodes

Need a cb, lb, winger, cm and pacy striker in window!

Assuming all Westwood, Van Aken, Lees, Lee, Bannan, Hooper, Fletcher and Forestieri are all injured.

I'd go with:

-------------------Wildsmith-----------------------

Hunt-------Venancio------Loovens----------Fox

------------------Hutchinson----------------------

--------------Jones--------Reach-----------------

Boyd---------------------------------------Wallace

---------------------Joao---------------------------

2 minutes ago, bigash_swfc said:

--------------Westwood

Hunt-Venancio-Loovens-Reach

--------Hutchinson-Jones 

----Boyd------Abdi-------Matias 

------------------Joao 

Oh god.

WTF:

Hutch HAS to start in the middle of defence, if he's fit.

Edited by owlZfan84