Starting Lineup against The Blades...

15 hours ago, mr owl said:

Any lineup where Jones Butterfield and Wallace aren't involved in will do me

This exactly,  These 3 now are done for me, End of - No way that we can go anywhere as a serious championship team playing any of these,

I thought the days of Potter, James O'Connor and Gary Teale had long gone as a distant memory,

These 3 have brought the horrible feeling I used to have watching numpties take us nearly to the brink, 

I'd be hopeful for Hutchinson being available - I'd give Abdi a go, It is a risk but the guy knows what big games are about but I feel we need someone central who when on the ball will make something different happen aside from the running in treacle side-ways football,

The calls for Clare being involved is refreshing also and expect him to be in the squad and involved over this game and the fac replay,

I thought the new manager situation was going to carry on deflating me but now we've avoided Maclaren and Lambert and big players to come back I feel a little better about the state of affairs.

Jos will be one of the types who will tighten it and stress the importance of the first goal going our way - Just sure in my mind that once we do get a first goal in a game we won't just literally pack up and let our 11 just be no more than us (spectators), 

Can honestly say I have no idea what our 'best' side would look like right now. Our recent performances (Forest aside) have made it easier to pick a side I wouldn't like us to put out! (Sorry, sounding like a reyt miserable bas...d)

11 hours ago, s8owl75 said:

The dismal CBs include our club captain Glen Loovens. After the Burton - Loovens / Butterfield  penalty debacle, I would have substituted Loovens and transfer listed him there and then

Sorry about this. Selective quoting and all that but I couldn't not...

This is just ludicrous. How on earth you can sit there and say Loovens was in the wrong over that penalty incident just baffles me. After Loovens makes the last pass (the right pass), Butterfield should have opened up and gone right with the ball (or anywhere other than back to Loovens). He ended up under hitting the pass and the lad was clean through and Butterfield inexplicably dived in trying to rectify HIS OWN mistake. 

How you can sit there and say you;d hauled off Loovens and transfer listed him immediately is beyond me. May i suggest you fire up the old PC as I dont think real life football is for you...

Pack midfield. They out ran us and they controlled midfield at Hillsborough. 

Play a 451. Make sure Hutchinson is sat between defence and midfielder. Play Joao upfront on his own and get our wingers wide. They play with 3 centre backs and wing backs and they really do go all out attack. 

6 minutes ago, ramone said:

Sorry about this. Selective quoting and all that but I couldn't not...

This is just ludicrous. How on earth you can sit there and say Loovens was in the wrong over that penalty incident just baffles me. After Loovens makes the last pass (the right pass), Butterfield should have opened up and gone right with the ball (or anywhere other than back to Loovens). He ended up under hitting the pass and the lad was clean through and Butterfield inexplicably dived in trying to rectify HIS OWN mistake. 

How you can sit there and say you;d hauled off Loovens and transfer listed him immediately is beyond me. May i suggest you fire up the old PC as I dont think real life football is for you...

Thanks for that analysis, you are not the first to suggest real life isn't for me, that's why I continue to exist as an annoyance to those people. 

WTF:

I have to accept its a matter of opinion, and Butterfield like Bannan shouldn't get involved with one touch passing on the edge of our penalty area with Loovens full stop. 

There is a high chance if Loovens plays at the Lane and Jos doesn't stamp this out we'll see Loovens passing the ball short to a team mate to put them under pressure, again, leading to a Utd goal. 

It's just bad tactics and poor communication to say the least. 

I hope I'm wrong and he comes back and plays a blinder.

UTO

1 minute ago, s8owl75 said:

Thanks for that analysis, you are not the first to suggest real life isn't for me, that's why I continue to exist as an annoyance to those people. 

WTF:

I have to accept its a matter of opinion, and Butterfield like Bannan shouldn't get involved with one touch passing on the edge of our penalty area with Loovens full stop. 

There is a high chance if Loovens plays at the Lane and Jos doesn't stamp this out we'll see Loovens passing the ball short to a team mate to put them under pressure, again, leading to a Utd goal. 

It's just bad tactics and poor communication to say the least. 

I hope I'm wrong and he comes back and plays a blinder.

UTO

Im going to have to watch it again because from what I remember, Butterfield wasn't in any kind of trouble when Loovens gave him the ball. Buttefields choice of pass back to Loovens (had it got there) would have put him in trouble and the only place for Glenn to go would have been back to the goalie. A choice of pass which would have received moans and groans from the Hillsborough faithful. It was a completely pointless and un-thought out pass from him. 

i meant no offence by the way. It was a quip :luhukay:

3 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

Many people leaving Wallace out but he can be a nasty little fvucker. Got a goal in him and will put crosses in and not shy of big games .

Must play for me . 

But he hasn't performed in ANY game this season...? I love Ross Wallace but he just doesn't justify a shirt at the moment

2 minutes ago, ramone said:

But he hasn't performed in ANY game this season...? I love Ross Wallace but he just doesn't justify a shirt at the moment

Hopefully jos will sort him this week, we desperately need his likes on Friday especially with the injury situation

Wallace sums up our problems.

He has been rubbish but have we anybody better?

If he plays it is more than likely that at some stage he will give the ball away in our own half and cost us a goal like he did in the home game.

I reckon Jos has an impossible job trying to pick a side for this game.

My advice would be to do the opposite to what Carlos would do.

ie not 442 but 433 with as many runners as he can find

11 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

Wildsmith

Palmer                     Venâncio                     Loovens                     Pudil

Hutchinson 

Clare                                 Reach 

Boyd                                                                                      Wallace

Joao

Must have tackling and energy in that central area if we're to have any chance. 

And someone up top to turn them round and run at them. They can be got at.

Is the one I would go for too Snoots.

Either ban crosses - they will head it clear all day - and run directly at them or at least keep Reach on or around the D to smash the second ball in from 20 yards...

15 minutes ago, saywended said:

Good luck Jos, you have 4 days to find a team that can hold its own in the steel city derby.this is what I would play if ,and this is a big if ,even these players are fit.

lineup.png

This but Hunt in at RB.

Boyd at RW 

Abdi at AM 

Clare at DM 

Reach at LW 

Wallace at home.

So nothing like it lol

I can understand the desire to put Sean Clare into the side.  He's had plenty of match time recently so will be up to speed and I know there will be some who will say that it was at a lower level than the Championship, however whilst skill levels may differ, its the same movements, twists, turns, sprints and running as any other level.  Remember half of the grunters squad were playing pub league last year so its a matter of application.  I'd be chirping in Sean Clare's ear all week telling him that there's nothing between him and those he will play against on Friday and next Tuesday. 

For me....

Wildsmith

Venancio   Loovens         

Palmer                                              Pudil     

Clare        Hutchinson

Boyd                Abdi                  Reach

Joao

edit...great minds GHS...you got there before me.  Is Hunt anywhere near fit?

Edited by spike1867