OFFICIAL - SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY HAVE NEW MANAGER

17 minutes ago, sheriwozgod said:

2 weeks ago i wanted CC out and a new manager and CEO in place, this is exactly what has happened so now the dust has settled how to summarise.

The CEO appointment was bizarre even by Wednesday standards, her track record is appalling really so all we can do is wait and watch carefully.

The manager i have mixed feelings about.................would have preferred someone who wouldnt need 3 months to assess his own squad , never mind the rest of the Championship, but his track record looks decent and the notion that he likes his teams to be really fit is a big bonus considering the pi$$ poor shape a lot of our players are in.

One slight worry is the repeated mention that he is a defensive coach...................almost everyone on here has been screaming for the past 12 months that we need to "take the brakes off" now all of a sudden it seems a defensive coach is what we need but ah well.

The fact is he is here now so welcome to the Wednesday family Jos and heres hoping you become a legend.

Mirrors my thoughts - post Carlos going I wrote on another forum about what next for Wednesday. Said the same things.

Whilst I am not 100% convinced of either appointment (and that both have the potential to be ticking time bombs) appointments have been made. Perhaps as i am naturally a conservative person then the safer bets would sit more comfortable. However in the investment world it is all about risk and reward. Chansiri clearly is not a risk averse character.

Ultimately even if we have our own doubts SWFC is bigger than everyone and let's hope the rewards come

Well. First chance I have had to seriously post about the new manager. 

First of all. I like the title. 

Secondly, I like the fact his background is in German football which is a very close approximation of English football. 

Let us see how he gets on. I just sincerely hope he has a clue how much the derby means. 

1 hour ago, handworth52 said:

On paper this looks a very good appointment , sounds like he is very professonal and will have a far fitter team in time .his job this season is clear keep us up , then get as much dead wood cleared out in summer , this job wont be easy , Carlos has left club in a rite mess , with ageing slow injury prone players all on big salaries .he will need time .

Fitness is Nummer eins, because we've looked so devoid of zip this season.

The problem with our squad in my opinion is not their age or quality, it's that they're ill-suited to defensive play.

I mean, a defensive coach would have top defenders, whereas in our case it's the weakest part of the team.

A defensive coach would want a midfield enforcer, whereas we have none.

Great news.

Hopefully we will have some leadership and fresh ideas around the place.

I hope he has a decent contract so we can stabilise this year and push on for next.

I'd caution against expecting too much too soon as the squad is in a right state and probably won't be sorted until the summer.

WAWAW

Seems a decent fella.

the least important managerial appointment in years. He can’t blow any money on players, and we are not going up or down this season.  Just needs to sail the ship until summer when I suspect we will change managers again. 

Think this will work out just fine.

Remember, we have signed Jos for a lengthy spell , not just for the derby game.

It will take time for him to get his ideas across, which seem to be the right ones as far as I am concerned, and to bring in a couple of players to strengthen the present team.

Welcome to Hillsborough Jos.:luhukay:

On first impressions I like the guy.Far more confidence in him than last geezer, he has actually achieved something and repeated it. Delighted we have gone to Northern Europe if outside Britain for manager. Think this is the way forward. He looks to have lots of contacts in German game and hope he can use them to identify talent. It appears we have broken Doyen grip on club and hopefully player recruitment will improve considerably.

Few things i would like to know and for him to be provided with.

;

1. How long is his contract, it needs to be more than end of season.

2. A licence to shift some ofthe dross wehave acquired out of Hillsborough

3. If scouting still the same an opportunity to put in new network.

4. All players at club have level playing field and get fresh start including youth players. delighted to see Matt Penny has signed contract extension as he was one doyen client whose contract was due to expire in summer. Can we sort out others.

5. Allowed to bring in own backroom staff and we can move out any remnants of old team that may hamper or hinder his work.

6. We consider some person with English background with proven record brought into club to help him. this could either be as assistant or as DoF.

7. Allowed to bring in players of his choosing.