OFFICIAL - SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY HAVE NEW MANAGER

15 minutes ago, A12owl said:

Just watched his first interview. Cant help but be impressed. He answered the questions directly without a load of waffle.

Seeing the pictures of previous clubs he obviously likes Blue & White stripes. Hopefully that was one of the items he had written into his contract . 

"I will only manage Sheffield Wednesday if they play in stripes"

Very good first impression. Also said me and my staff. Hopefully he will bring his own entourage of coaches and medical staff. 

Can't wait for next Friday. A huge lift in morale has just arrived. Hopefully he will lift the players as well in a short space of time. 

Onwards and upwards.

My first thought too. Straight away you know he's no nonsense and straight to the point and basically no going to take any crap, no more classical music, meat on the fire rock n roll 20 quid notes.

What i also found interesting was through the interviews on social media and the video interview. 

He is referred to as the Manager, Carlos was the head coach. So I'm wondering whether certain advisors have now gone and he will take control of the transfers of who he wants and the CEO will try to get them.

Seems a bit more like a football club now.

Chansiri. Redgate.

CEO

COO

Manager 

Players.

Better than a month ago, lets move forward get this season out the way and start rebuilding for a go next season. 

I already respect him for taking us on !

He must be well aware of the expectations, he must have seen the injury list, he’s gotta know the explosive importance of his first game in charge... blimey, hats off to the man.

I reckon that he’s looked at the sort of guy our chairman is and he’s thought to himself “ well, it’s not a brilliant situation but he will give me time to get this great club back on track”

Also, the food in Yorkshire is far more appealing than the grisly plop that he’s been forcing down himself in Germany.

Guest LittleG

Welcome Jos and good luck. Now can we all show some respect and stop with the unfunny tache references and photos; surely we are better than this.

6 minutes ago, scilly owl said:

I already respect him for taking us on !

He must be well aware of the expectations, he must have seen the injury list, he’s gotta know the explosive importance of his first game in charge... blimey, hats off to the man.

I reckon that he’s looked at the sort of guy our chairman is and he’s thought to himself “ well, it’s not a brilliant situation but he will give me time to get this great club back on track”

Also, the food in Yorkshire is far more appealing than the grisly plop that he’s been forcing down himself in Germany.

Totally agree with this, it's so refreshing for a manager to push himself out of his comfort zone, he could have easily got another job in the bundesliga, but wanted a new challenge in a new country and league. That's the attitude we want at S6  

I get the impression he is hungry, determined and wants to stamp his mark on the team, and won't take any freeloaders (which our team has a few of) , the other part I like is, he will know we potentially don't have much money to spend in Jan and will have to clear the decks a little, again some manager said would instantly be put of by that, but he has seen the opportunity to build his team over a longer period of time. Totally respect the man. 

Its its such a refreshing appointment, rather than the lamberts, poyet, mclarens of this world who inevitably will be on the manager merry go round constantly. 

He he  managed some massive clubs, in big leagues. Got a wealth of experience. Think it's going to be a very shrewd appointment. It's got me excited again. Big job on his hands but every confidence of transforming this team

And if he wins at the lane.....He will be a cult hero, win there you never know what it can do for the team longer term. 

WAWAW

Best of luck to the new man. 

Think we may well get an insight into which players actually want to be here and those who have been taking the pi55 for the previous several months. 

Sounds very much like he won't tolerate anything but 100% (on the pitch and in training) and he strikes me as someone who will be happy to ruffle a few feathers if required. 

56 minutes ago, slinger208b said:

Kick on from what?..

Why dont you get your head from between the cheeks of your backside have a wash (try using soap and water) and see what a shower of poo we are currently in. While your head was up your backside Carvalhal has gone and left us in the poo . Now we are hoping our new manager will KICK ON from that and we will see an improvement ok? Feel free to neg away.

Seems to be a positive appointment. JL seems to have a track record of working successfully full lesser teams and turning them around. 

He needs to get the players training and fit. 

Too many players are dodging the column with fake injuries. This needs sorting with a no nonsense zero tolerance approach. 

Sadly he's got a big squad of mainly third rate (at best) aging over paid players that he can't make leave. Many will just bat out time for their easy money. 

Nothing you can do here apart from drop them from the rhythm first team squad and pay them to do nothing. Which is already what had been happening pay wise. 

He needs to get young Hirst straight in the squad. Well he needs a squad number. He's got six months left on his contract. Get him playing. Hirst can't refuse or his future is put in doubt at bigger clubs. And when would he refuse. 

Clear out the CC mentality of being a dictator and not trusting the players to express themselves on the pitch 

CC has almost ruined the club with his appalling management approach, no training, and bringing in shocking signings such as boyd and Rhodes. 

Get them working for their money and make sure the easy ride is over. 

It's a fine balancing act he has. Or he will also come across as another CC. 

Wednesday are fortunate to be in a substandard league. Therefore any substandard team can do well. Look at Preston. A terrible team. 

Above all get the players playing proper football. And we can still get out. 

Oh yes he needs to spend at least £20 million to get promoted as not all teams are substandard like wednesday and eventually we will have to beat a decent team. 

Get rid of rubbish like Wallace, Rhodes, loovens, 

Stop in. Get rid of most of the team. Thats impossible so get rid to the main rubbish. We all know who they are. 

Before you say Rhodes isn't rubbish then according to sky TV he's had 14 one on one's this season and not scored not. That makes him rubbish and a liability. When he's had his chance he's been totally ineffective. Write him off. Let's see what this new manager is made of. 

Edited by Mrmason69

55 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

Just needs to sail the ship until summer when I suspect we will change managers again. 

Think this will work out just fine.

He does strike me as a short term problem solver brought in to whip order and bring players into line organisation wise.

We already know only loans will be provided, so I think you’re right.

11 minutes ago, Mrmason69 said:

Seems to be a positive appointment. JL seems to have a track record of working successfully full lesser teams and turning them around. 

He needs to get the players training and fit. 

Too many players are dodging the column with fake injuries. This needs sorting with a no nonsense zero tolerance approach. 

Sadly he's got a big squad of mainly third rate (at best) aging over paid players that he can't make leave. Many will just bat out time for their easy money. 

Nothing you can do here apart from drop them from the rhythm first team squad and pay them to do nothing. Which is already what had been happening pay wise. 

He needs to get young Hirst straight in the squad. Well he needs a squad number. He's got six months left on his contract. Get him playing. Hirst can't refuse or his future is put in doubt at bigger clubs. And when would he refuse. 

Clear out the CC mentality of being a dictator and not trusting the players to express themselves on the pitch 

CC has almost ruined the club with his appalling management approach, no training, and bringing in shocking signings such as boyd and Rhodes. 

Get them working for their money and make sure the easy ride is over. 

It's a fine balancing act he has. Or he will also come across as another CC. 

Wednesday are fortunate to be in a substandard league. Therefore any substandard team can do well. Look at Preston. A terrible team. 

Above all get the players playing proper football. And we can still get out. 

Oh yes he needs to spend at least £20 million to get promoted as not all teams are substandard like wednesday and eventually we will have to beat a decent team. 

Get rid of rubbish like Wallace, Rhodes, loovens, 

Stop in. Get rid of most of the team. Thats impossible so get rid to the main rubbish. We all know who they are. 

Before you say Rhodes isn't rubbish then according to sky TV he's had 14 one on one's this season and not scored not. That makes him rubbish and a liability. When he's had his chance he's been totally ineffective. Write him off. Let's see what this new manager is made of. 

Villa??? 

Great for the media this Geezer, opportunity to ask at least 10 questions in each interview. With Carlos you managed one or 2 if you were lucky!!!

Straight forward talking, no waffle, no making up of silly statements like throwing meat on the fire, and closing the windows and doors.

Just two things he will learn. 

1) we are not Sheffield, please add Wednesday on the end.

2) Don't use the word dynamic in a sentence, it sent a shiver down the spine.

Onwards and upwards.

Fair play to DC - he clearly wanted someone who knows how to get promotion, and it does appear he wanted a foreign coach, so JL seems to have the right credentials.

JL's big season will be 2018/19 and i hope to see a move to the type of football and player he wants over the next four months in preparation. Hopefully, it gives him time to determine which players won't be going on that journey and who he wants to bring in. Get all this sorted by the end of June, and we should go into next season with the positive mindset he outlined in his interview.

Welcome aboard Jos - UTO