OFFICIAL - SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY HAVE NEW MANAGER

1 hour ago, SiJ said:

Put it this way: 

I find this appointment more interesting (if that's the right word) than if we'd have brought in Paul bloody Lambert. 

Exactly this.

I dont know anything about the bloke apart from what has been posted on the official site / this thread. Im far more excited about him than some of the candidates that have been thrown around for the last week or so.

Chansiri could have taken an easy option and gone for a McClaren or a Lambert, or any of the other underwhelming names. Instead he has appointed someone with a track record and a reputation of promotions, almost like the Neil Warnock of the Bundesliga

I see this as Chansiri putting out a statement regarding his commitment to the club and telling the doubters that he is still ambitious about us.

He walked from his last job at Stuttgart, waiving compensation, over disagreements about recruitment - not for the first time. Hence the manager title now I’d guess. Der Spiegel had an interesting piece about his resignation:

Luhukay is a coach who strives for maximum success in the shortest possible time. He is not a coach like Martin Schmidt from Mainz, who, step by step, is developing a team that, ideally, can be successful in the short term, but whose work is geared towards years. The transfers from Takuma Asano ( Arsenal ), Benjamin Pavard (Lille) and Carlos Mané ( Sporting ) have brought Schindelmeiser to a conclusion, although Luhukay did not want them - such a coach does not like it. "He told us three days before the end of the transfer period that he did not want the players," said Schindelmeiser. "I said we still commit them because we need them."

The Dutchman does not fit in with VfB

Luhukay floated other types of players, older, more experienced, if possible German-speaking. So those who help in the second league daily, without necessarily being valuable in two years. Luhukay ultimately did not fit in with VfB, who had promised his fans the return to their own roots.

After all, the Swabians were known for decades for their exemplary youth work

1 hour ago, Teflon Don said:

Didn't know this, do you have the link to the inteview which states this?

If thays the case then maybe some German loans with view to buy. 

Seems to be the consesus. Plus quoted from DC himself (FFP) 

Happy to be wrong.

The immediate challenge Jos will have is rallying a group of players who largely seem to be unfit and who have looked increasingly less bothered about their performances all season (with a few notable exceptions). Throw our injuries list into the mix, and I’d say he’s got a tough five months ahead of him.

Once Bully’s last stand is over, I’ll be backing Jos 100%. Welcome to Hillsborough.

16 minutes ago, HarrowbyOwl said:

He walked from his last job at Stuttgart, waiving compensation, over disagreements about recruitment - not for the first time. Hence the manager title now I’d guess. Der Spiegel had an interesting piece about his resignation:

Luhukay is a coach who strives for maximum success in the shortest possible time. He is not a coach like Martin Schmidt from Mainz, who, step by step, is developing a team that, ideally, can be successful in the short term, but whose work is geared towards years. The transfers from Takuma Asano ( Arsenal ), Benjamin Pavard (Lille) and Carlos Mané ( Sporting ) have brought Schindelmeiser to a conclusion, although Luhukay did not want them - such a coach does not like it. "He told us three days before the end of the transfer period that he did not want the players," said Schindelmeiser. "I said we still commit them because we need them."

The Dutchman does not fit in with VfB

Luhukay floated other types of players, older, more experienced, if possible German-speaking. So those who help in the second league daily, without necessarily being valuable in two years. Luhukay ultimately did not fit in with VfB, who had promised his fans the return to their own roots.

After all, the Swabians were known for decades for their exemplary youth work

That’s why I want him to change his spots a bit. Or let him keep us up this year and then get someone in who can put in place a structure that allows us to to take steady steps mixing youth and experience. 

I want us to build long term instead of the dash for promotion that has put us in danger of FFP problems Those issues haven’t suddenly gone away because we’ve appointed this bloke. 

Edited by rickygoo

Quoting a buddy from another footy site:

"i'd never heard of him until the other day, to be honest, but he's had loads of experience managing in Germany (he's Dutch, himself) with clubs as big as Monchengladbach and Stuttgart, but with 2nd division experience as well with smaller clubs like Paderborn and Augsburg. He also got Hertha promoted to the top tier of the Bundesliga in '12-'13 establishing the record for most point accumulated in the 2nd division. For whatever that's worth. 

he's supposedly a disciplinarian, which could be interesting given what a load of fannies are currently earning a wage for Wednesday. and he also doesn't take much poo from above, either, which could also be interesting, and Chansiri is said to be a bit of a my-way-or-the-highway chairman."

Good luck Jos!

1 minute ago, rickygoo said:

That’s why I want him to change his spots a bit. I want us to build long term. 

I guess that’s always been his dilemma as someone charged with getting from 2 Bundesliga to 1 Bundesliga  -  getting a squad capable of promotion in the short term, but not able to make the transition to a higher level. That’s why his 2 Bundesliga stats are excellent and his 1 Bundesliga so woeful

Imagine the scene,

Right Mr Chairman, can I have a look at the last couple of games on DVD, bit of bedtime viewing for me.

Following morning:

Mr Chairman I asked to view the last couple of games, not two flippinghorror movies.lol

12 minutes ago, sweetsheri said:

If we played klopp style til the end of the season we would be relegated. Is what I meant 

We have no idea. Maybe unleashing the players creativity and attacking nature instincts more is the way to go.

We haven’t been very good at being solid this season. The defensive approach hasn’t worked. Maybe a change of manager might make the difference - we’ll see. 

53 minutes ago, HarrowbyOwl said:

I guess that’s always been his dilemma as someone charged with getting from 2 Bundesliga to 1 Bundesliga  -  getting a squad capable of promotion in the short term, but not able to make the transition to a higher level. That’s why his 2 Bundesliga stats are excellent and his 1 Bundesliga so woeful

I suppose the flip side to this is that promotion to the Premier League is such a massive financial reward, regardless of whether you stay up or not the following season, that the chairman might see a manager with Jos’ record as the best way to get a return on his investment.

9 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Doesnt look like this rumours of Nuhiu leaving for that Albanian team are true then. I really hope the new manager realises that people like Wallace and Butterfield just aren't good enough and need replacing as does the majority of our defence imo. 

Watched a few clips a couple of his teams, and the common factor is they are full of pace and power. Im expecting a similar set up at Wednesday after a couple of transfer windows.  

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Doesnt look like this rumours of Nuhiu leaving for that Albanian team are true then. I really hope the new manager realises that people like Wallace and Butterfield just aren't good enough and need replacing as does the majority of our defence imo. 

Don't worry ime sure there will be some fireworks