OFFICIAL - SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY HAVE NEW MANAGER

Lets all get behind the team again. Cut out any in fighting. Give Jos a chance as he has a massive job ahead. This appointment would have been better pre season so he would have had time to sort out the squad. To enforce his own tactics, clear out the deadwood and bring in new blood and get us back on a winning streak is a big ask. 

However I am sure he will have been given the total picture by DC so he should have a plan as to the way forward.

Hopefully our Wednesday are on their way back.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Eastleigh Owl said:

When I read the "Official" bit I thought it was going to be another wind up, is it possible to not do that in future, it is a tad annoying.

On a lighter note, welcome to Hillsborough Jos and good luck.

It was announced 10 hours before the Owls Talk exclusive. One of the more knowledgeable, handsome, and witty posters announced it. 

Fife Owl I think.

12 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Luhukay said: "In Germany I have turned down offers from the Bundesliga and Second Bundesliga in recent months because I have been looking for an entirely new challenge.

“Sheffield Wednesday is exactly the exciting challenge for which I have been waiting. We shall now work together with all the staff at the club and the fans, to stabilise the team, and following that, improve it step by step with discipline, effort, commitment and creativity to take it up.”

Owls chairman Dejphon Chansiri added: “I am delighted to welcome Jos to Hillsborough.

“Following an extensive search for the right candidate to take us forward, I am thoroughly convinced Jos is that man.

“His track record and experience suggested he was the perfect fit and once I spoke with him, there was no doubt in my mind that Jos would become our new manager.

“I wish him all the very best and every success.”

Very excited by this appointment.

I think he could be a really good 'fit' for where were are at the moment.

12 hours ago, rickygoo said:

The best launch interview I ever heard was Irvine. Inspirational.

Words are cheap. Chansiri has rolled the dice. Let’s hope they’re loaded or he’s lucky but an introductory press release means as much as the steering committee rambles. 

All we we can do is give him time and patience and then the team have to turn it round. I think their recent shitness will buy him that time as he’s having to try and turn round an underperforming shower. At the start of the season he would have been taking on a team that had finished 4th the season before. 

Jos the Boss. 

Yeah, but Irvine had no track record of promotions to back his words up.

This guy does.

1 hour ago, paddyowl said:

BTW Jos, we are called Sheffield WEDNESDAY or WEDNESDAY and not just Sheffield.

:carlos:

This ^^^^^

It annoys the crap out of me when we get called Sheffield

Steve Bruce is the biggest culprit

It’s Wednesday goddammit

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

9 minutes ago, Mountain Owl said:

Lets all get behind the team again. Cut out any in fighting. Give Jos a chance as he has a massive job ahead. This appointment would have been better pre season so he would have had time to sort out the squad. To enforce his own tactics, clear out the deadwood and bring in new blood and get us back on a winning streak is a big ask. 

However I am sure he will have been given the total picture by DC so he should have a plan as to the way forward.

I'm sure he will have studied our past games, tables, form and videos. No doubt he thought, kin...ell this ain't gunna be a doddle. I would think DC said, bring in who you want within reason and x£'s or he would have turned the job down, whereas the usual suspects would have paid lip service.

Slightly optimistic right now.

1 hour ago, Ronnie Starling said:

Why dont you get your head from between the cheeks of your backside have a wash (try using soap and water) and see what a shower of poo we are currently in. While your head was up your backside Carvalhal has gone and left us in the poo . Now we are hoping our new manager will KICK ON from that and we will see an improvement ok? Feel free to neg away.

Interesting how you feel the need to mention negging to try to let everyone think it doesn't bother you.

If you are going to use a cliche feel free to understand it's meaning. There isn't really much to kick on from...

12 hours ago, steveger said:

MASSIVE clear-out  needed, too many chancers

Let's see what he can get out of them all first.

Round pegs in round holes and all that, bit of discipline.

Clear instructions as to what is expected.

De-complicate the whole thing and let's see where that takes us.

Then start the tweaking & dismantling as required.

3 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

This ^^^^^

It’s Wednesday goddammit

I agree it annoys me he calling us politically correct we are called sheffield

34 minutes ago, Mountain Owl said:

I am more than happy, this Season has finished, it means come Pre-Season he will be one step ahead, will know exactly what is needed, and who should go,

for me its a win win situation. Manager title, lets see some German players come in, he must have great contacts.

:rolleyes:

The wonders of Owlstalk. 

He’s gone from a bloke we didn’t want, to give him time, to a potential world beater in the space of one day and one interview.

Fingers crossed the overall mood is right - Irvine and Turner gave positive fighting first interviews as I’m sure did Paul Jewell and Tricky Trev promised he wouldn’t rest until he brought the League title to Hillsborough. He must be knackered. 

People expressing caution or potential reservations will soon be being jumped on again. I’m neither a glass half full nor empty person. I simply have a glass with some stuff in it.

On the plus side he’s taken some sides up in Germany - what matters is the circumstances. I don’t think Benitez warrants much praise for taking Newcastle up for example. Having said that he’s done it more than once.

i also like the sound of him taking no poo an awful lot. It’s not easy in the modern game to wield the big stick- hopefully he’s found a way to do it successfully with players who are sometimes happy to sit tight and comfortably on big contracts. 

Short term the team needs sorting out and made solid which sounds like he can do.

The only things nagging away are, firstly, the usual doubts about new appointments.  Most coaches fail and what are the odds  a man in a new country who has been unemployed for a fair while will buck that trend? I think we need to give him time to halt a frightening free fall.

My biggest fear though is the style of football. He isn’t one of the new breed of exciting go ahead German coaches. I would love us to have signed a Klopp style bloke playing progressive football. We seem to have found a German George Graham - albeit one who has operated at a lower level - and I am sick of paying thousands of pounds to be bored.   

Like the CEO appointment I am hoping Chansiri has identified someone who can change their spots. 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

The wonders of Owlstalk. 

He’s gone from a bloke we didn’t want, to give him time, to a potential world beater in the space of one day and one interview.

Fingers crossed the overall mood is right - Irvine and Turner gave positive fighting first interviews as I’m sure did Paul Jewell and Tricky Trev promised he wouldn’t rest until he brought the League title to Hillsborough. He must be knackered. 

People expressing caution or potential reservations will soon be being jumped on again. I’m neither a glass half full nor empty person. I simply have a glass with some stuff in it.

On the plus side he’s taken some sides up in Germany - what matters is the circumstances. I don’t think Benitez warrants much praise for taking Newcastle up for example. Having said that he’s done it more than once.

i also like the sound of him taking no poo an awful lot. It’s not easy in the modern game to wield the big stick- hopefully he’s found a way to do it successfully with players who are sometimes happy to sit tight and comfortably on big contracts. 

Short term the team needs sorting out and made solid which sounds like he can do.

The only things nagging away are, firstly, the usual doubts about new appointments.  Most coaches fail and what are the odds  a man in a new country who has been unemployed for a fair while will buck that trend? I think we need to give him time to halt a frightening free fall.

My biggest fear though is the style of football. He isn’t one of the new breed of exciting go ahead German coaches. I would love us to have signed a Klopp style bloke playing progressive football. We seem to have found a German George Graham - albeit one who has operated at a lower level - and I am sick of paying thousands of pounds to be bored.   

Like the CEO appointment I am hoping Chansiri has identified someone who can change their spots. 

Klopp and get relegated

or

George Graham and stay up?

1 hour ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

This ^^^^^

It’s Wednesday goddammit

Totally agree Hoots, Brucie would be the first to complain if everyone started referring to his former team as simply "Manchester"

• Like 1