I’m very angry tonight

4 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

This whole smokescreen about the Wednesday family and Carlos and Chansiri being abused on the internet 

Its made me really angry

I knew early this morning Carlos had gone and have been in the cinema and restaurant all day and night so not been online much

As a result have had time to reflect on the nonsensical rant that our Chairman delivered in the early hours, knowing it was a precursor to Carlos leaving 

To even try and suggest our fans have had any part to play in Carlos leaving is an absolute disgrace to me and total bull

The blaming of fans for a toxic atmosphere at the club is simply unbelievable and I’m not buying it 

Our fans this season have been the most patient tolerant and understanding fans a struggling Manager could ever have wished to have on their side

To then even mention them when parting company with the Manager is nothing short of scandalous

what should have happened is the chairman should have explained that the manager and Club have parted company, wished Carlos well )because he  is a top guy, and thanked fans for their ongoing support 

Instead we get a tirade that seems to suggest that the chairman is genuinely shocked that fans would be unhappy with what’s happened this year at the club.

Its not the fans fault that we are where we are in the league 

In fact we have struggled DESPITE top class support Home and Away 

Its not our fault the stripes are not on the shirts of Sheffield Wednesday

Its not our fault players are injured despite the entire medical team being put out of work in the summer 

It’s not our fault the players don’t play happy positive attacking football

its not our fault the kits were late and then out of stock

Its not our fault the anniversary pre season games didn’t materialise

Its not our fault that the shirt sizes have changed to some random sizes meaning loads of returns 

It’s not our fault the anniversary watches were oversold and refunds and other items had to be offered instead

its not our fault that the exec boxes aren’t sold out

Irs not our fault that players are playing like they’re unhappy 

It’s not our fault that fans are angry at being totally priced out of going to the matches 

its not our fault that those who can afford to go are angry at the prices they are being asked to pay - we didn’t put the prices up 

None is this season is the fault of ANY fan and it’s a disgrace to suggest so

Fans should not be taking this nonsense about it being any fault of the fans whatsoever never mind putting it forward as a reason to other fans

The whole thing is a total smokescreen

Dont believe the hype 

We are better than that 

Look at the league table, look at the ‘injuries’, look at how happy the players are despite their massive wages and then look at everything else that’s gone off at our club this season

Anyone suggesting the fans have been anything short of unbelievably patient and tolerant and fantastic needs to sit down in a quiet corner for a minute and look at the bigger picture instead of an angry rant from a Chairman who seems surprised that the fans would be miffed at paying massive ticket prices for the worst football since Gary Megsons last few weeks in charge 

That got me worried for a bit then, thought King Herod was back. 

• Haha 1

Ironic post of the year; having a non-sensical rant about a non-sensical rant. The difference being everyone read the chairman’s rant, I’d hazard a guess that 5% tops of people on this thread actually read all of yours. 

You up are starting to sound like an egotist that is desperate to lead some kind of mutiny against the Chairman. And I know where my money would go. Be careful what you wish for mate, whether it’s ego, bloody-mindedness or just click-baiting, if your wishes come true, it will bankrupt and probably end this club. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

I have absolutely no idea how that would ever work though

Ranting about it to the whole fanbase just alienates them and confuses them

It won't ever solve the issue either. Those being abusive are doing so because they aren't articulate or responsible enough to express themselves in any other way and the rest of the fanbase won't change that.

It's just incredibly naive from the chairman and even worse it brings the whole fanbase into it which is unfair to those fans who haven't been abusive and would never be. 

There are thousands and thousands of decent, honest, great fans of ours that have been incredibly tolerant and patient this season (There were even queues for the new shirt when it went on sale months late without stripes etc etc) who just don't need to hear about the chairman's personal spat with some geezers on twitter shouting their mouths off at him

This statement wasn't just ill informed, poorly constructed and ill advised - it was a bad move and one that has upset many ordinary fans who don't ever deserve upsetting.

Not sure where you’ve got all that from

He said right near the start...

I must stress that I do not intend these things to be relevant to all our fans, just those who say things that are untruthful’

And this, which is basically your moderating policy...

’Feedback, opinion and constructive criticism is fine and healthy in any business. But when someone crosses the line and becomes abusive, this is something I cannot accept.’

Maybe I’m just not a very angry person.

• Like 2

Nowhere in DC's statement does he directly blame fans, he mentions abuse on social media (I've seen this first hand and its truly vile) I agree with his comment that if you want to abuse and be negative stay away. This whole thread is built on very poor foundations, 15 pages??????

1 hour ago, CEOwl said:

I was in agreement with the OP until he said the worst football since Megson.

The fact is the football under Dave Jones became dire following promotion and I seem to remember from Mr Owlstalk himself: 1) the constant defence of DJ 2) the insinuation it was the fans fickle nature for wanting him out. 

I always find myself asking the same question with regards to the Irvine/Jones days - was the football that bad due to the tactics or simply the players weren’t good enough? I say the latter 

16 minutes ago, toppOwl said:

Nowhere in DC's statement does he directly blame fans, he mentions abuse on social media (I've seen this first hand and its truly vile) I agree with his comment that if you want to abuse and be negative stay away. This whole thread is built on very poor foundations, 15 pages??????

You can't stay away from supporting your club...it's not like changing from coke to pepsi....

FFS x3

5 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

This whole smokescreen about the Wednesday family and Carlos and Chansiri being abused on the internet 

Its made me really angry

I knew early this morning Carlos had gone and have been in the cinema and restaurant all day and night so not been online much

As a result have had time to reflect on the nonsensical rant that our Chairman delivered in the early hours, knowing it was a precursor to Carlos leaving 

To even try and suggest our fans have had any part to play in Carlos leaving is an absolute disgrace to me and total bull

The blaming of fans for a toxic atmosphere at the club is simply unbelievable and I’m not buying it 

Our fans this season have been the most patient tolerant and understanding fans a struggling Manager could ever have wished to have on their side

To then even mention them when parting company with the Manager is nothing short of scandalous

what should have happened is the chairman should have explained that the manager and Club have parted company, wished Carlos well )because he  is a top guy, and thanked fans for their ongoing support 

Instead we get a tirade that seems to suggest that the chairman is genuinely shocked that fans would be unhappy with what’s happened this year at the club.

Its not our fault players are injured despite the entire medical team being put out of work in the summer 

Its not our fault that the shirt sizes have changed to some random sizes meaning loads of returns 

It’s not our fault the anniversary watches were oversold and refunds and other items had to be offered instead

It’s not our fault that fans are angry at being totally priced out of going to the matches 

its not our fault that those who can afford to go are angry at the prices they are being asked to pay - we didn’t put the prices up 

Fans should not be taking this nonsense about it being any fault of the fans whatsoever never mind putting it forward as a reason to other fans

Dont believe the hype 

We are better than that 

Look at the league table, look at the ‘injuries’, look at how happy the players are despite their massive wages and then look at everything else that’s gone off at our club this season

Anyone suggesting the fans have been anything short of unbelievably patient and tolerant and fantastic needs to sit down in a quiet corner for a minute and look at the bigger picture instead of an angry rant from a Chairman who seems surprised that the fans would be miffed at paying massive ticket prices for the worst football since Gary Megsons last few weeks in charge 

Amen to that. 

You’ve been way more patient and accepting of every (weekly) monumental wee wee tail up than most fans would. 

Chansiri deserves credit for the good that he’s done. But the bad outweighs the good. And those who know, know. 

Interested to see the new manager...

• Like 1

Like reading this forum but got to say Neil that is a total misunderstanding of what dc has said. It's simple. Criticise all you want but don't be abusive. That is all he is trying to say.  Some of our "wonderful " fans totally lack class. Where I sit most are embarrassed by a couple of loudmouth "fans" who berate certain players before they've even touched the ball. Carlos had to go but he  and dc do not deserve your very contrived and for most fans  inaccurate and subjective slant on swfc and reality. 

Plot and counter plot??? He just wants respect. That is all. He admits he makes mistakes . Ok let's go back to Allen/Strafford/ manderic etc. Then we'll be reminded of how crap things can really be.

Onwards and upwards with the next phase of "Wednesday are back ".

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, W H I T E Y said:

Amen to that. 

You’ve been way more patient and accepting of every (weekly) monumental wee wee tail up than most fans would. 

Chansiri deserves credit for the good that he’s done. But the bad outweighs the good. And those who know, know. 

Interested to see the new manager...

and we yours ......

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, torryowl said:

and we yours ......

New manager? At Oakwell? 

I will put a BILLION POUNDS on him signing a new deal. 

The days of you lot lording it over us ended last week. I’ve a lot of time for Wednesday, but we are the 6th richest club in the country now. :tango:

18 minutes ago, W H I T E Y said:

New manager? At Oakwell? 

I will put a BILLION POUNDS on him signing a new deal. 

The days of you lot lording it over us ended last week. I’ve a lot of time for Wednesday, but we are the 6th richest club in the country now. :tango:

new contract or not , hell be gone by the start of next season if this takeover is kosher 

Neil , I don’t agree I’m sorry , i usually doff my cap to most of your posts ... but this one isn’t for me 

there’s a percentage of our fan base who find it acceptable to hurl pure abuse at our club, and I just can’t deny it’s there .... it’s there and for me it’s a very big problem

5 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Neil , I don’t agree I’m sorry , i usually doff my cap to most of your posts ... but this one isn’t for me 

there’s a percentage of our fan base who find it acceptable to hurl pure abuse at our club, and I just can’t deny it’s there .... it’s there and for me it’s a very big problem

No it isn’t 

As a club we pay them no attention and stride on

Owlstalk Shop

4 hours ago, FreshOwl said:

I always find myself asking the same question with regards to the Irvine/Jones days - was the football that bad due to the tactics or simply the players weren’t good enough? I say the latter 

Stuart gray climbed comfortably to mid table with the same players. 

10 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Its made me really angry

Dont believe the hype 

We are better than that 

FINALLY, a decent post!! Absolutely 100% spot on. Well said that man. *Doffs cap*

10 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Its made me really angry

Dont believe the hype 

We are better than that 

Well said.

I agree with every word you have just said.

Even before it broke that CC had been sacked, the undertones in DC's message appeared to be a list of veiled threats towards us generally as fans.

Its not the way he should be talking.

If the way we act is not acceptable to him ,then I suggest  he sells us on and concentrates on selling fish.

We have a total right after a lifetimes commitment to vent our anger at the total dross that has been served and like its been said, we have been very patient.

The way forward now is to hire a manager, give him a budget and let him get on with it interference free.

Onwards and upwards. UTO

10 hours ago, RichSheffWeds said:

Watson, you think his statement shows leadership and good judgement? 

I would have advised him not to put it out, in the unlikely event that he would have asked for my advice.  

He seems wear his heart on his sleeve, and with social media anyone in a position of power is onto a loser, everything they say is analysed to the tenth degree and once dissected the original meaning gets lost in translation. 

If he kept quiet you can bet your bottom dollar that he would have been heavily criticised for been aloof and arrogant.  He simply can't win.  He needs to invest in a thick skin but are we heading to an era that anyone in the public eye is fair game?  I fear that many in the public eye, in what ever walk of life will simply walk away from their chosen field as they are not willing to put up with constant cynical comments aimed at them.  

How would you feel if every time you opened your social media account you was greeted with hundreds of messages of complaint?  You must agree it must wear down the recipitents resolve.

He puts out statements explaining his reasons for doing things in a certain way but its instantly dismissed by some posters who have no idea what happens behind the scene.  He seems to be expected to justify every little thing he does and says and not only justify it the once but time after time going over the same old ground.  

The time spent justifying his every action could be better spent moving the club forward.

My advice to him would be to stay away from social media altogether but in this day and age I don't think that's feasible.  

I don't know the answer to be honest in how to deal with social media... Do you?

Edited by Watson
  • Like 4