I’m very angry tonight

8 hours ago, Costello 77 said:

You can't stay away from supporting your club...it's not like changing from coke to pepsi....

FFS x3

That x3 is taking FFS to a whole new level dude. I don't know if I can keep up with it lol .

Merry Christmas buddy, (pun intended ).

FFS

6 minutes ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

We do need to be careful to not allow Wednesdayite to spread it's poison on our club once again. Their communist traits are not wanted at S6.

Fight the power. 

It’s amazing innit 

Do Wednesdayite even still exist?

Guy comes on, reads my thread, saw that it was me that posted it, disregarded a whole long list of complaints that Wednesday fans have with the club and then says I’m leading Wednesdayite to some kind of communist glory takeover of the club via Russianesque communication tactics

lol

Am still laughing 

Owlstalk Shop

6 minutes ago, adelphi1867 said:

Sorry Neil, but this is becoming an obsession with you.

Yes mistakes have been made and No I am not a happy clapper , but I honestly believe that Chansiri is trying to drag the club, kicking and screaming, into the 21st century.

The club as a business, has been under invested in for the last 5 decades, since Eric Taylor's original plan, all the money thrown at the 1st team, while the rest of the club, Stadium, Training facilities, Youth development and financial streams, were ignored.

I for one, am fed up of the rollercoaster ride that is Wednesday, 4-5 seasons in the Sun followed by decades in the doldrums and if wanting the club to have the chance to move forward then I will support Chansiri over you and any revival of The Wednesdayite agenda.

Stadium improved? Yes 

pitch improved? Definitely 

youth development? Probably, but zero chance of player progression under the last manager

training facilities? Probably

financial streams? No way, it’s a car crash waiting to happen

Everything stated by the OP unfortunately dilutes, but doesn’t wipe out, any good that he is doing as he is acting like a despot, while at the same time paying lip service to the fans.

those of you who say it’s his club, he can do what he wants, are wrong, it’s our club that he is temporarily in charge of.

his overnight meanderings is unfortunately not remotely out of character. 

I still believe he is a honest man with good intentions but just wrong on so many things that might not be important to you, but are to me.

2 minutes ago, adelphi1867 said:

It's Xmas Neil, and in a few days time a new year.

Give us a break for that length of time at least

Sorry but can’t take you seriously ever again after your last post

it smacks of blind vendetta mixed with a total ignorance of facts

Me leading Wedesdayite to a club takeover?

muhahahaahahahah

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Sorry but can’t take you seriously ever again after your last post

it smacks of blind vendetta mixed with a total ignorance of facts

Me leading Wedesdayite to a club takeover?

muhahahaahahahah

Neil, It's xmas, tell you what, after Xmas, why don't you Educate mysekf and the other Mortal fans just what the FACTS are

4 minutes ago, adelphi1867 said:

It's Xmas Neil, and in a few days time a new year.

Give us a break for that length of time at least

Wednesdayite don't take breaks, especially not when the club is in a troubling situation. 

It's time for them to strike. I imagine they'll be plotting their next move over a few light ales right now. I certainly expect to see a lot of Wednesdayite propaganda tomorrow at Forest.

Be weary.

• Haha 1

Just now, adelphi1867 said:

Neil, It's xmas, tell you what, after Xmas, why don't you Educate mysekf and the other Mortal fans just what the FACTS are

No need

you just posted them according to you

you must know best

will leave you to it

I can’t engage with you anymore as I can’t take your constant ill informed trolling of me seriously anymore 

i do however wish you and yours a really great Christmas and New Year

i might not be prepared to debate with you anymore on here but I do respect you as a Wednesday fan and a human being so all the

best 

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

Wednesdayite don't take breaks, especially not when the club is in a troubling situation. 

It's time for them to strike. I imagine they'll be plotting their next move over a few light ales right now. I certainly expect to see a lot of Wednesdayite propaganda tomorrow at Forest.

Be weary.

*gets black balloons ready*

Owlstalk Shop

2 hours ago, Watson said:

I would have advised him not to put it out, in the unlikely event that he would have asked for my advice.  

He seems wear his heart on his sleeve, and with social media anyone in a position of power is onto a loser, everything they say is analysed to the tenth degree and once dissected the original meaning gets lost in translation. 

If he kept quiet you can bet your bottom dollar that he would have been heavily criticised for been aloof and arrogant.  He simply can't win.  He needs to invest in a thick skin but are we heading to an era that anyone in the public eye is fair game?  I fear that many in the public eye, in what ever walk of life will simply walk away from their chosen field as they are not willing to put up with constant cynical comments aimed at them.  

How would you feel if every time you opened your social media account you was greeted with hundreds of messages of complaint?  You must agree it must wear down the recipitents resolve.

He puts out statements explaining his reasons for doing things in a certain way but its instantly dismissed by some posters who have no idea what happens behind the scene.  He seems to be expected to justify every little thing he does and says and not only justify it the once but time after time going over the same old ground.  

The time spent justifying his every action could be better spent moving the club forward.

My advice to him would be to stay away from social media altogether but in this day and age I don't think that's feasible.  

I don't know the answer to be honest in how to deal with social media... Do you?

But whilst CC still leaves his job? The club statement would've been enough for the vast majority. And that which is adequate for the vast majority would be about as much of a win as can be expected.

And should his statements explaining his reasons for doing things in a certain way pass without any scrutiny? I can, and have, applauded DC for the act of attempting to explain - but do what those explanations actually are not matter? He said recently that he doesn't want a Director of Football because he doesn't want to give one individual that much control, and that he prefers having global advisers with whom he consults on a regular basis. He characterised his view as "I prefer to listen to different voices as opposed to just one". I don't doubt that some (perhaps many) fans will be persuaded by this reasoning but I absolutely am not, and have said why elsewhere. But the point is that it's primarily the reasoning that I'm criticising - and I don't need to know what 'happens behind the scene' in order to do that.

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

No need

you just posted them according to you

you must know best

will leave you to it

I can’t engage with you anymore as I can’t take your constant ill informed trolling of me seriously anymore 

i do however wish you and yours a really great Christmas and New Year

i might not be prepared to debate with you anymore on here but I do respect you as a Wednesday fan and a human being so all the

best 

And all the very best to Neil, and your family and I hope you have a great New year and continue in your passionate support of the Wednesday.

I am truly sorry if I have upset you in any way, that was not and is not my intention.

4 minutes ago, adelphi1867 said:

And all the very best to Neil, and your family and I hope you have a great New year and continue in your passionate support of the Wednesday.

I am truly sorry if I have upset you in any way, that was not and is not my intention.

I never get upset mate. I’ve been around long enough to be able to take it 

have a great one and hope you don’t eat as many chocolates as I’m currently scoffing!

Owlstalk Shop

26 minutes ago, upperwinngardensowl said:

those of you who say it’s his club, he can do what he wants, are wrong, it’s our club that he is temporarily in charge of.

Unfortunately they're not wrong

It IS his club and he CAN (and does) do what he wants

3 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

And until we move away from that model of ownership clubs across the country will continue to be trashed against the will of the supporters. 

Think once one or two clubs got billionaire owners and left others far behind in transfer market all other clubs had to try and find there own rich owner to keep up.

All a bit of a lottery who you get.

Really think it has made top 2 divisions a bit souless and really dont like attitude of some who dont want to criticise the owner because they dont want to upset him because he might take his money elsewhere.

Made us all customers rather the fans and cant see it changing anytime soon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, cowl said:

But whilst CC still leaves his job? The club statement would've been enough for the vast majority. And that which is adequate for the vast majority would be about as much of a win as can be expected.

And should his statements explaining his reasons for doing things in a certain way pass without any scrutiny? I can, and have, applauded DC for the act of attempting to explain - but do what those explanations actually are not matter? He said recently that he doesn't want a Director of Football because he doesn't want to give one individual that much control, and that he prefers having global advisers with whom he consults on a regular basis. He characterised his view as "I prefer to listen to different voices as opposed to just one". I don't doubt that some (perhaps many) fans will be persuaded by this reasoning but I absolutely am not, and have said why elsewhere. But the point is that it's primarily the reasoning that I'm criticising - and I don't need to know what 'happens behind the scene' in order to do that.

How long do we need to keep scrutinising his every word?  Till he does what the fans demand?  He has chosen his way of running the club and at this point doesn't require a CEO, in time he might well change his mind.  Lets give him the time to get the club moving, hes only been here three years and for a club starved of investment for twenty years plus, three years is a short time he can hardly be expected to make massive advancements.  

Why do you favour of having a CEO have you experience in the business world?  Is he not acting in effect as CEO anyway? I must admit i'm ignorant in such matters so would welcome your input.

You well may be right but my main gripe is the constant need for more and more information of what goes off behind the scenes, is it reallly needed? Do we need to know every little detail can't we just let him get on with his job?  I don't recall any other chairmen being held to account on such a day to day basis. 

I think he would be best advised to release a statement once a year and leave it at that.  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Think once one or two clubs got billionaire owners and left others far behind in transfer market all other clubs had to try and find there own rich owner to keep up.

Really think it has made top 2 divisions a bit souless and really dont like attitude of some who dont want to criticise the owner because they dont want to upset him because he might take his money elsewhere.

Think you’re spot on mate. There was a good article in the Guardian the other day about the money behind Man City- essentially they are bankrolled by the fruits of an autocratic regime. You won’t get any fans complaining though because they are tearing up the league. Sign of the times I guess. 

29 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

agreed

Owlstalk Shop