I’m very angry tonight

Nobody comes out of this particularly well but I’d say the order of blame goes Carlos first, then Chansiri and finally a small section of the fan base (and that’s all it is that’s probably take it a little too far - a small section).

I’d like to think Mr Chansiri has learned a little on how the football world works and how quickly things can change. Had he got rid of Carlos in the Summer he will have been held in much higher regard than he is now. Who’s fault is that?!

2 minutes ago, MuddyFunkster said:

Nobody comes out of this particularly well but I’d say the order of blame goes Carlos first, then Chansiri and finally a small section of the fan base (and that’s all it is that’s probably take it a little too far - a small section).

I don't even think the small section of the fan base no matter how small it is can be any part of it

I just don't see how they can be

Either the team was winning or it wasn't

And either the manager was kept too long or he wasn't

Either way the fans don't have any say on those really unless they protest loudly, proudly and in a big way. They didn't so therefore in my opinion it takes any responsibility away from anything fan related

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Megson's football was proper dire in his final weeks

I'd actually forgot Dave Jones succeeded him - such was the need to wipe that manager from my memory - but you're right. Dave Jones' football was dire too

Apologies

I think managers end up living in fear in the Championship. The pressure of make or break promotion hunts is so intense, most games can go either way and you have too many little dictator  chairmen. Probably explains why Wilders approach initially paid off.

Anyway, heres wishing you all a good Christmas. Tis the season to be jolly not angry!

Re-reading the statement it's quite clear it's aimed at the minority of fans who have been abusive. I don't personally think it was the right thing to do because unfortunately some fans who are critical  in a constructive way then think it's about them when it clearly isn't and it causes an unnecessary uproar.

Hopefully when the new manager is in the results will improve and things will be more harmonious. At the end of the day we all want what is best for Sheffield Wednesday.

As for this site, it is much better than other forums and has less abuse, however unfortunately there are several posters on here who hijack every thread to stir and wind people up and it works every time.

Merry Christmas fellow owls. Here is to a better 2nd half to the season.

2 minutes ago, Havin-a-hoot said:

Owlstalk is like a blooming soap opera these days, it's the most infuriating, daftest load of rubbish I've ever read... and yet I find myself reading it constantly. I prefered when it was a comedy or a inspirational thriller. There's only so much overreacting one can handle 

lol

It's been like this since the dawn of the internet

There's been some right up's and down's over the years

The funniest ones are the ones that get angry at Owlstalk to be fair - they're brilliant

Owlstalk Shop

28 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Oh no absolutely nothing like that

Nothing sinister really mate and definitely no sniff of the club trying to silence anyone

It was all really friendly, positive and no threat to 'freedom of speech' whatsoever

Sarcasm is difficult to detect on the internet 

2 minutes ago, CEOwl said:

I think managers end up living in fear in the Championship. The pressure of make or break promotion hunts is so intense, most games can go either way and you have too many little dictator  chairmen. Probably explains why Wilders approach initially paid off.

Anyway, heres wishing you all a good Christmas. Tis the season to be jolly not angry!

Yeah I'd agree wholeheartedly with that

I just wish to god Carlos had kept his nerve with the attacking football and not gone all 'Irvine' on us

Every manager seems to end up that way sadly

Have an amazing Christmas mate! I'm less angry now than when I started this thread to be fair but that's down to the chocolate I've just scoffed

lol

Owlstalk Shop

Just to add another angle (and don't shoot the messenger) we could all be wrong, although the stats refer to the PL... 

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/sacking-managers-pointless-stats-slaven-bilic-west-ham-premier-league-a8044586.html

Maybe DC was aware of this, hence his perceived reluctance to move earlier?

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

lol

It's been like this since the dawn of the internet

There's been some right up's and down's over the years

The funniest ones are the ones that get angry at Owlstalk to be fair - they're brilliant

I beg to differ. When i joined it was all comedy gold about Gary teale's Bentley and Reda's radiator bound lass. Those were the days... nay drama just beautiful posts

Guest Theboylangers
40 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

It was a very friendly constructive meeting where much was discussed and positive outcomes reached

I enjoyed it and I know from the loving glances I got from across the table that they felt the same

There was a warm glow and we almost fell in love

lol

I hope AMB1867 wasn't there. He/She clearly doesn't love you. 

garymegson

12 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I don't even think the small section of the fan base no matter how small it is can be any part of it

I just don't see how they can be

Either the team was winning or it wasn't

And either the manager was kept too long or he wasn't

Either way the fans don't have any say on those really unless they protest loudly, proudly and in a big way. They didn't so therefore in my opinion it takes any responsibility away from anything fan related

Exactly, I'd dare say if it was someone like the pig's or Leeds then protests would have been large, vocal and very ugly.

I think the fans have been extremely patient, and anybody can only put up with cr@p for so long before they give a reaction, some more than others. Way I look at it, we have been treated like customers, not fans, and as paying customers, have a right to question the product if it's not satisfactory.

13 minutes ago, Musn't Grumble said:

Just to add another angle (and don't shoot the messenger) we could all be wrong, although the stats refer to the PL... 

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/sacking-managers-pointless-stats-slaven-bilic-west-ham-premier-league-a8044586.html

Maybe DC was aware of this, hence his perceived reluctance to move earlier?

Its studies like this that make me hate stats.

Its basically saying there is no difference who the manager is.

Which is clearly not the case. Results, signings, systems and style are all about the manager.

Maybe the initial bump is a statistical anomaly. But not the rest of it.

The manager is the most important position at a football club.

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

This whole smokescreen about the Wednesday family and Carlos and Chansiri being abused on the internet 

Its made me really angry

I knew early this morning Carlos had gone and have been in the cinema and restaurant all day and night so not been online much

As a result have had time to reflect on the nonsensical rant that our Chairman delivered in the early hours, knowing it was a precursor to Carlos leaving 

To even try and suggest our fans have had any part to play in Carlos leaving is an absolute disgrace to me and total bull

The blaming of fans for a toxic atmosphere at the club is simply unbelievable and I’m not buying it 

Our fans this season have been the most patient tolerant and understanding fans a struggling Manager could ever have wished to have on their side

To then even mention them when parting company with the Manager is nothing short of scandalous

what should have happened is the chairman should have explained that the manager and Club have parted company, wished Carlos well )because he  is a top guy, and thanked fans for their ongoing support 

Instead we get a tirade that seems to suggest that the chairman is genuinely shocked that fans would be unhappy with what’s happened this year at the club.

Its not the fans fault that we are where we are in the league 

In fact we have struggled DESPITE top class support Home and Away 

Its not our fault the stripes are not on the shirts of Sheffield Wednesday

Its not our fault players are injured despite the entire medical team being put out of work in the summer 

It’s not our fault the players don’t play happy positive attacking football

its not our fault the kits were late and then out of stock

Its not our fault the anniversary pre season games didn’t materialise

Its not our fault that the shirt sizes have changed to some random sizes meaning loads of returns 

It’s not our fault the anniversary watches were oversold and refunds and other items had to be offered instead

its not our fault that the exec boxes aren’t sold out

Irs not our fault that players are playing like they’re unhappy 

It’s not our fault that fans are angry at being totally priced out of going to the matches 

its not our fault that those who can afford to go are angry at the prices they are being asked to pay - we didn’t put the prices up 

None is this season is the fault of ANY fan and it’s a disgrace to suggest so

Fans should not be taking this nonsense about it being any fault of the fans whatsoever never mind putting it forward as a reason to other fans

The whole thing is a total smokescreen

Dont believe the hype 

We are better than that 

Look at the league table, look at the ‘injuries’, look at how happy the players are despite their massive wages and then look at everything else that’s gone off at our club this season

Anyone suggesting the fans have been anything short of unbelievably patient and tolerant and fantastic needs to sit down in a quiet corner for a minute and look at the bigger picture instead of an angry rant from a Chairman who seems surprised that the fans would be miffed at paying massive ticket prices for the worst football since Gary Megsons last few weeks in charge 

I don't normally quote long posts but fuuck it... I'm also a bit angry today and I'm pretty sure this is why!

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

This whole smokescreen about the Wednesday family and Carlos and Chansiri being abused on the internet 

Its made me really angry

I knew early this morning Carlos had gone and have been in the cinema and restaurant all day and night so not been online much

As a result have had time to reflect on the nonsensical rant that our Chairman delivered in the early hours, knowing it was a precursor to Carlos leaving 

To even try and suggest our fans have had any part to play in Carlos leaving is an absolute disgrace to me and total bull

The blaming of fans for a toxic atmosphere at the club is simply unbelievable and I’m not buying it 

Our fans this season have been the most patient tolerant and understanding fans a struggling Manager could ever have wished to have on their side

To then even mention them when parting company with the Manager is nothing short of scandalous

what should have happened is the chairman should have explained that the manager and Club have parted company, wished Carlos well )because he  is a top guy, and thanked fans for their ongoing support 

Instead we get a tirade that seems to suggest that the chairman is genuinely shocked that fans would be unhappy with what’s happened this year at the club.

Its not the fans fault that we are where we are in the league 

In fact we have struggled DESPITE top class support Home and Away 

Its not our fault the stripes are not on the shirts of Sheffield Wednesday

Its not our fault players are injured despite the entire medical team being put out of work in the summer 

It’s not our fault the players don’t play happy positive attacking football

its not our fault the kits were late and then out of stock

Its not our fault the anniversary pre season games didn’t materialise

Its not our fault that the shirt sizes have changed to some random sizes meaning loads of returns 

It’s not our fault the anniversary watches were oversold and refunds and other items had to be offered instead

its not our fault that the exec boxes aren’t sold out

Irs not our fault that players are playing like they’re unhappy 

It’s not our fault that fans are angry at being totally priced out of going to the matches 

its not our fault that those who can afford to go are angry at the prices they are being asked to pay - we didn’t put the prices up 

None is this season is the fault of ANY fan and it’s a disgrace to suggest so

Fans should not be taking this nonsense about it being any fault of the fans whatsoever never mind putting it forward as a reason to other fans

The whole thing is a total smokescreen

Dont believe the hype 

We are better than that 

Look at the league table, look at the ‘injuries’, look at how happy the players are despite their massive wages and then look at everything else that’s gone off at our club this season

Anyone suggesting the fans have been anything short of unbelievably patient and tolerant and fantastic needs to sit down in a quiet corner for a minute and look at the bigger picture instead of an angry rant from a Chairman who seems surprised that the fans would be miffed at paying massive ticket prices for the worst football since Gary Megsons last few weeks in charge 

Best post of the year mate. Well said