I’m very angry tonight

It is undoubtedly a heartfelt rant and was clearly written before the mutually agreed departure (or resignation or sacking).

Why on earth release something like that in the early hours of the morning

The thing that comes over clearly on a second reading is that it is not aimed at fans in general. 

It is aimed at abusive fans and those dishing out personal abuse at that.

A lesson that can be learned though is that stronger quicker action to arrest this slump would have prevented most of it.

Mr Chansiri has been shocked by critiscism of his stewardship of the club and finding it much harder than he envisaged.

Hopefully he has taken this to heart and will select his advisors and coaches very carefully from now on.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, kingsidney said:

My god man you’re like Judge Judy. 

Find your own god damn quotes. 

Yeah i know i can come across as being dogmatic I dont mean to come across as such its just that I dont have the literal skills available, but I think if your going to debate a point it should be based on evidence and facts.  I'm not sayin the evidence is not there its just that no has yet produced it.  Take it from me i have looked for the relevent quotes and i can't find them.  

I wish DC hadn't put that statement out probably borne out of fustration with our poor season and the disappointment of the fans.  Think in the future he will keep quiet but then I guess he will critisised for not caring, he's in a no win situation.  

It might help if he invited some of our more prominate posters on here ( Neil for one) to the club to understand things from his point of view.

Guest Willow Owl
1 hour ago, TINKERBELL said:

If you don't like what is written on here then don't come on.its a forum for views 

Exactly, and I am entitled to my view. 

10 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I have absolutely no idea how that would ever work though

Ranting about it to the whole fanbase just alienates them and confuses them

It won't ever solve the issue either. Those being abusive are doing so because they aren't articulate or responsible enough to express themselves in any other way and the rest of the fanbase won't change that.

It's just incredibly naive from the chairman and even worse it brings the whole fanbase into it which is unfair to those fans who haven't been abusive and would never be. 

There are thousands and thousands of decent, honest, great fans of ours that have been incredibly tolerant and patient this season (There were even queues for the new shirt when it went on sale months late without stripes etc etc) who just don't need to hear about the chairman's personal spat with some geezers on twitter shouting their mouths off at him

This statement wasn't just ill informed, poorly constructed and ill advised - it was a bad move and one that has upset many ordinary fans who don't ever deserve upsetting.

I agree entirely, it was a rubbish PR move, more akin to a late rant on a message board after a few pints, particularly the analogy about says no someone had a second wife. The Q&A has been beneficial but there is a fine line with things like that and in this instance it’s better to be distant or pick a different moment to make the point.

It won’t solve the issue it was intended to, it will probably make it worse. But at the outset I think it was aimed at abusive fans but also with a general dig at anyone wanting the change of manager (which by now was most of the fan base because it was so obvious).

I think the reluctance to make the change was the most worrying thing and perhaps also the reference to making it a business which I don’t think was meant positively.

2 hours ago, NornOwl said:

Amen.

It's NOT our fault! 

The quote of a generation and people who think that words and actions have no conciquences. 

Calling the mangers rubbish all season and seeing Carlos out everywhere HAS had an effect on things down at S6.

Sorry the negative fan base HAS had an influence in this and people thinking otherwise is more blind than the blunts thinking they were going to walk the league. 

Yes they have, and rightly so.

We have underachieved, on and off the pitch. In a results driven industry, the results have been poor. 

His first season promised so much, but for some reason he changed from being an aggressive, attack minded team, to a defensive, dull outfit who preferred not to lose as opposed to actually beating the opponents.

The master of his own downfall, wanting-to do it his way, he couldn't take us to the next level.

What were fans supposed to do ? Accept mediocrity ?

Just now, Watson said:

One to one meetings or at the fans forum?

I no longer attend fans forums and have no real desire to moving forward although it was suggested to me that I should go and I said that despite my having no wish to, that I may do just to be able to report back on here afterwards (especially now that other geezer who usually reports said he was singled out and won't be going anymore)

I used to go to fan forums but found them the most annoying frustrating and dull affairs full of people chiming up about how they'd bought a lukewarm pie, or how they wanted to know why the seat on the North Stand five down from their season ticket had a squeak when you put it up or put it down.

Owlstalk Shop

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

This whole smokescreen about the Wednesday family and Carlos and Chansiri being abused on the internet 

Its made me really angry

I knew early this morning Carlos had gone and have been in the cinema and restaurant all day and night so not been online much

As a result have had time to reflect on the nonsensical rant that our Chairman delivered in the early hours, knowing it was a precursor to Carlos leaving 

To even try and suggest our fans have had any part to play in Carlos leaving is an absolute disgrace to me and total bull

The blaming of fans for a toxic atmosphere at the club is simply unbelievable and I’m not buying it 

Our fans this season have been the most patient tolerant and understanding fans a struggling Manager could ever have wished to have on their side

To then even mention them when parting company with the Manager is nothing short of scandalous

what should have happened is the chairman should have explained that the manager and Club have parted company, wished Carlos well )because he  is a top guy, and thanked fans for their ongoing support 

Instead we get a tirade that seems to suggest that the chairman is genuinely shocked that fans would be unhappy with what’s happened this year at the club.

Its not the fans fault that we are where we are in the league 

In fact we have struggled DESPITE top class support Home and Away 

Its not our fault the stripes are not on the shirts of Sheffield Wednesday

Its not our fault players are injured despite the entire medical team being put out of work in the summer 

It’s not our fault the players don’t play happy positive attacking football

its not our fault the kits were late and then out of stock

Its not our fault the anniversary pre season games didn’t materialise

Its not our fault that the shirt sizes have changed to some random sizes meaning loads of returns 

It’s not our fault the anniversary watches were oversold and refunds and other items had to be offered instead

its not our fault that the exec boxes aren’t sold out

Irs not our fault that players are playing like they’re unhappy 

It’s not our fault that fans are angry at being totally priced out of going to the matches 

its not our fault that those who can afford to go are angry at the prices they are being asked to pay - we didn’t put the prices up 

None is this season is the fault of ANY fan and it’s a disgrace to suggest so

Fans should not be taking this nonsense about it being any fault of the fans whatsoever never mind putting it forward as a reason to other fans

The whole thing is a total smokescreen

Dont believe the hype 

We are better than that 

Look at the league table, look at the ‘injuries’, look at how happy the players are despite their massive wages and then look at everything else that’s gone off at our club this season

Anyone suggesting the fans have been anything short of unbelievably patient and tolerant and fantastic needs to sit down in a quiet corner for a minute and look at the bigger picture instead of an angry rant from a Chairman who seems surprised that the fans would be miffed at paying massive ticket prices for the worst football since Gary Megsons last few weeks in charge 

I agree with the chairman. Swiss fans stick with their clubs. More immigrants working here than anywhere else in Europe. Many support swiss clubs too. You stick together. This site has been a platform for abuse. Bit rich of you to claim it never happened, you want me to post the choicer items? Thought not.

This whole smokescreen about the Wednesday family and Carlos and Chansiri being abused on the internet 

Its made me really angry

I knew early this morning Carlos had gone and have been in the cinema and restaurant all day and night so not been online much

As a result have had time to reflect on the nonsensical rant that our Chairman delivered in the early hours, knowing it was a precursor to Carlos leaving 

To even try and suggest our fans have had any part to play in Carlos leaving is an absolute disgrace to me and total bull

The blaming of fans for a toxic atmosphere at the club is simply unbelievable and I’m not buying it 

Our fans this season have been the most patient tolerant and understanding fans a struggling Manager could ever have wished to have on their side

To then even mention them when parting company with the Manager is nothing short of scandalous

what should have happened is the chairman should have explained that the manager and Club have parted company, wished Carlos well )because he  is a top guy, and thanked fans for their ongoing support 

Instead we get a tirade that seems to suggest that the chairman is genuinely shocked that fans would be unhappy with what’s happened this year at the club.

Its not our fault players are injured despite the entire medical team being put out of work in the summer 

Its not our fault that the shirt sizes have changed to some random sizes meaning loads of returns 

It’s not our fault the anniversary watches were oversold and refunds and other items had to be offered instead

It’s not our fault that fans are angry at being totally priced out of going to the matches 

its not our fault that those who can afford to go are angry at the prices they are being asked to pay - we didn’t put the prices up 

Fans should not be taking this nonsense about it being any fault of the fans whatsoever never mind putting it forward as a reason to other fans

Dont believe the hype 

We are better than that 

Look at the league table, look at the ‘injuries’, look at how happy the players are despite their massive wages and then look at everything else that’s gone off at our club this season

Anyone suggesting the fans have been anything short of unbelievably patient and tolerant and fantastic needs to sit down in a quiet corner for a minute and look at the bigger picture instead of an angry rant from a Chairman who seems surprised that the fans would be miffed at paying massive ticket prices for the worst football since Gary Megsons last few weeks in charge 

hahaha put a bit more water in it mate.

Its made me really angry

Dont believe the hype 

We are better than that 

testicles your loving it you’ve started more anti cc and dc threads than any foooker to spice things up your not angry your ecstatic 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, swissmess said:

This site has been a platform for abuse. 

I'm more than proud of my mod team and the way they've handled recent times and the fact that there are no swear words used on owlstalk, personal abuse isn't tolerated and the site is very well self policed by the community.

If there's been any abuse of the chairman and manager then as/when it's been reported via the report system the mod team have been straight on it

I'd put Owlstalk up against Twitter, other sites, facebook groups etc any day of the week when it comes to personal abuse. 

We just don't tolerate it and we have 1% of anything you see on any other platform

As for criticism - there has been much, plenty and a considerable amount but that's reflective of the club's current position, ticket pricing and the performances on the pitch.

Owlstalk Shop

6 minutes ago, swissmess said:

I agree with the chairman. Swiss fans stick with their clubs. More immigrants working here than anywhere else in Europe. Many support swiss clubs too. You stick together. This site has been a platform for abuse. Bit rich of you to claim it never happened, you want me to post the choicer items? Thought not.

WTF??? 3rd ever post lol 

Just now, BRADDO said:

Interesting. Was that at the clubs request and to discuss matters raised on here? 

It was a very friendly constructive meeting where much was discussed and positive outcomes reached

I enjoyed it and I know from the loving glances I got from across the table that they felt the same

There was a warm glow and we almost fell in love

lol

Owlstalk Shop