I’m very angry tonight

It's not a new thing, I remember telling someone I go to games with years ago that if anything was ever going to stop me coming To Hillsborough it was more likely to be the fans than the football. 

One thing in Neil's post I do agree with is that overall, as a fanbase we've been supportive and patient with Carlos, but there's always a minority chipping away at the club (some in a more vile manner than others) and this clearly seems to be what the chairman is getting at. Perhaps all clubs have it to one degree or another, but that doesn't make it excusable. I don't mind him calling it out, it's good to see he cares.

11 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

This whole smokescreen about the Wednesday family and Carlos and Chansiri being abused on the internet 

Its made me really angry

I knew early this morning Carlos had gone and have been in the cinema and restaurant all day and night so not been online much

As a result have had time to reflect on the nonsensical rant that our Chairman delivered in the early hours, knowing it was a precursor to Carlos leaving 

To even try and suggest our fans have had any part to play in Carlos leaving is an absolute disgrace to me and total bull

The blaming of fans for a toxic atmosphere at the club is simply unbelievable and I’m not buying it 

Our fans this season have been the most patient tolerant and understanding fans a struggling Manager could ever have wished to have on their side

To then even mention them when parting company with the Manager is nothing short of scandalous

what should have happened is the chairman should have explained that the manager and Club have parted company, wished Carlos well )because he  is a top guy, and thanked fans for their ongoing support 

Instead we get a tirade that seems to suggest that the chairman is genuinely shocked that fans would be unhappy with what’s happened this year at the club.

Its not the fans fault that we are where we are in the league 

In fact we have struggled DESPITE top class support Home and Away 

Its not our fault the stripes are not on the shirts of Sheffield Wednesday

Its not our fault players are injured despite the entire medical team being put out of work in the summer 

It’s not our fault the players don’t play happy positive attacking football

its not our fault the kits were late and then out of stock

Its not our fault the anniversary pre season games didn’t materialise

Its not our fault that the shirt sizes have changed to some random sizes meaning loads of returns 

It’s not our fault the anniversary watches were oversold and refunds and other items had to be offered instead

its not our fault that the exec boxes aren’t sold out

Irs not our fault that players are playing like they’re unhappy 

It’s not our fault that fans are angry at being totally priced out of going to the matches 

its not our fault that those who can afford to go are angry at the prices they are being asked to pay - we didn’t put the prices up 

None is this season is the fault of ANY fan and it’s a disgrace to suggest so

Fans should not be taking this nonsense about it being any fault of the fans whatsoever never mind putting it forward as a reason to other fans

The whole thing is a total smokescreen

Dont believe the hype 

We are better than that 

Look at the league table, look at the ‘injuries’, look at how happy the players are despite their massive wages and then look at everything else that’s gone off at our club this season

Anyone suggesting the fans have been anything short of unbelievably patient and tolerant and fantastic needs to sit down in a quiet corner for a minute and look at the bigger picture instead of an angry rant from a Chairman who seems surprised that the fans would be miffed at paying massive ticket prices for the worst football since Gary Megsons last few weeks in charge 

Where has Chansiri blamed the fans for any of the points you mention? All he's said is he can't accept fans being abusive and implied that this has been a factor in Carlos leaving.

You're just making this stuff up as usual to drive more s1te tr@ffic. That's why you've started a new thread, to stop people checking your rant against what the chairman's actually said... 

Its pretty pathetic and I'm starting to think Owlstalk is getting past its sell by date, as Carlos was

edit: Can't even use the phrase s1te tr@ffic on here now? Wtf?

Edited by robswfc
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, robswfc said:

Where has Chansiri blamed the fans for any of the points you mention? All he's said is he can't accept fans being abusive and implied that this has been a factor in Carlos leaving.

You're just making this stuff up as usual to drive more s1te tr@ffic. That's why you've started a new thread, to stop people checking your rant against what the chairman's actually said... 

Its pretty pathetic and I'm starting to think Owlstalk is getting past its sell by date, as Carlos was

edit: Can't even use the phrase s1te tr@ffic on here now? Wtf?

There is certainly an agenda in play here... 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

This whole smokescreen about the Wednesday family and Carlos and Chansiri being abused on the internet 

Its made me really angry

I knew early this morning Carlos had gone and have been in the cinema and restaurant all day and night so not been online much

As a result have had time to reflect on the nonsensical rant that our Chairman delivered in the early hours, knowing it was a precursor to Carlos leaving 

To even try and suggest our fans have had any part to play in Carlos leaving is an absolute disgrace to me and total bull

The blaming of fans for a toxic atmosphere at the club is simply unbelievable and I’m not buying it 

Our fans this season have been the most patient tolerant and understanding fans a struggling Manager could ever have wished to have on their side

To then even mention them when parting company with the Manager is nothing short of scandalous

what should have happened is the chairman should have explained that the manager and Club have parted company, wished Carlos well )because he  is a top guy, and thanked fans for their ongoing support 

Instead we get a tirade that seems to suggest that the chairman is genuinely shocked that fans would be unhappy with what’s happened this year at the club.

Its not our fault players are injured despite the entire medical team being put out of work in the summer 

Its not our fault that the shirt sizes have changed to some random sizes meaning loads of returns 

It’s not our fault the anniversary watches were oversold and refunds and other items had to be offered instead

It’s not our fault that fans are angry at being totally priced out of going to the matches 

its not our fault that those who can afford to go are angry at the prices they are being asked to pay - we didn’t put the prices up 

Fans should not be taking this nonsense about it being any fault of the fans whatsoever never mind putting it forward as a reason to other fans

Dont believe the hype 

We are better than that 

Look at the league table, look at the ‘injuries’, look at how happy the players are despite their massive wages and then look at everything else that’s gone off at our club this season

Anyone suggesting the fans have been anything short of unbelievably patient and tolerant and fantastic needs to sit down in a quiet corner for a minute and look at the bigger picture instead of an angry rant from a Chairman who seems surprised that the fans would be miffed at paying massive ticket prices for the worst football since Gary Megsons last few weeks in charge 

I’m shocked anyone down voted your post! Correct all the way through. The chairman pretends to treat the fans well but treats us instead like subservient fools. He another Tam or Venkey brother type. Really don’t trust the bloke.

Why is DC looking to turn this into an 'us' and 'them' scenario, perhaps 'they' should take a long hard look at themselves. 

They have dished up a steaming pile this season and Carlos has no-one to blame apart from himself.

The Chairman should learn to keep his gob shut and rejoice in the fact he still has 25K+ fans turning out and willing to spend £££ on a kit that was 5 months late.

The fans have once again shown themselves to be willing to support the Club through thick and thin....be grateful Mr C and don't bite the hand that continues to feed you.

Merry Xmas 

• Like 1

The best thing for Chansiri to do would be to issue a reconciliatory statement, hold his hands up and say that the club have dropped the ball this season but, as we always say, WAWAW, and are looking to improve and avoid the same mistakes in future.

The problem was that the DC statement was not precise in its language and about twice as long as it should have been. Each of its paragraphs could have been a 10 page thread on what it meant, what some thought it implies etc etc.

It gave a lot of scope to read between the lines and thus how it could be interpreted.

I have written some awful first draft letters or emails in my time. Written when annoyed or angry. Made mistakes when there has been a staff grievance or the like. As the top man it requires calm thinking and on occasion biting your lip giving you time to reflect.

That statement smacked of a "shoot from the hip" diatribe because he was angry that control of the situation was not solely in his hands. Perhaps coming from a privileged background and a culture where money buys you respect whether you deserve it or not, in Yorkshire it doesn't. 

14 minutes ago, axolotl said:

The best thing for Chansiri to do would be to issue a reconciliatory statement, hold his hands up and say that the club have dropped the ball this season but, as we always say, WAWAW, and are looking to improve and avoid the same mistakes in future.

Tend to agree with but then some fans would accuse him of been weak and wishy washy, the simple fact is what ever he says someone is willing to shoot him down.

4 minutes ago, mkowl said:

The problem was that the DC statement was not precise in its language and about twice as long as it should have been. Each of its paragraphs could have been a 10 page thread on what it meant, what some thought it implies etc etc.

It gave a lot of scope to read between the lines and thus how it could be interpreted.

I have written some awful first draft letters or emails in my time. Written when annoyed or angry. Made mistakes when there has been a staff grievance or the like. As the top man it requires calm thinking and on occasion biting your lip giving you time to reflect.

That statement smacked of a "shoot from the hip" diatribe because he was angry that control of the situation was not solely in his hands. Perhaps coming from a privileged background and a culture where money buys you respect whether you deserve it or not, in Yorkshire it doesn't. 

As an aside really to this whole ensuing PR nightmare. For those that still believe that this venture is somehow Thai Union driven and backed by the Chansiri family, TUG have invested heavily in PR gurus to stave off some of the most vicious and antagonistic social media reporting any company could face. They are continually bombarded by stuff put out by environmental lobbyists and groups opposed to human rights violations connected with the Thai fishing industry. Yet they can ride all of the orchestrated campaigns designed to undermine them.

If DC is really so close to these guys as many suggest, perhaps this diatribe would not have been put out in the first place. Moreover, he would be well advised to approach them to deal with the aftermath it is bound to leave.

Agree with the OP.

It's certainly not the fans fault. The fault lies squarely with the chairman who should have taken the tough decision in the summer and avoided all this.

Some of the performances of last season were every bit as bad as this season culminating in the dire showing in the play offs.

However due to reaching the play off and scapegoating the medical team Carlos was left in charge but was always going to be under pressure to improve the performances from the off. Instead though they got worse while our near neighbours put in great performances  and beat us well so the chairman shouldn't be surprised at the fans back lash.

I am annoyed with the chairman for letting this develop for so long. If Carlos had gone in the summer most fans would have wished him well and thanked him for the memories instead of pushing him out of the door under a cloud as it is now. 

12 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Its made me really angry

Dont believe the hype 

We are better than that 

Well you must be relieved to get that off your chest, now go and have your breakfast and have a good day.

I think he resigned due in part to fan/media pressure which is what the chairman is getting at. Chairman is pissed off and venting at the situation surrounding his resignation. He's never experienced anything like it before and he'll learn from it and understand it eventually.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Don't see how it can be

There's been no protests, not mass demonstrations, nothing.

Carlos won't have seen anything on social media either as he isn't on it

Good morning Neil and fellow Owlstalkers. Merry Christmas to you all.

Owlstalk is the only social media platform that I have ever used and it will probably stay that way. I live on the West coast of Ireland, ( ironically at the location of the new Star Wars movie lol ) , so I'm about as far removed as I can be from S6. However, even as isolated as I am out here I am aware of some of the abuse that has been thrown about on other social media platforms regarding Carlos and the chairman. Just because Carlos doesn't use social media any longer doesn't mean that he wouldn't be aware of some of the things said on it.

Just trying to be objective here and not having a go at anyone.

FFS

Not read the whole thread as it's Christmas Day and I don't have much time. But. Whilst I agree with much of Niels post it is apparent that mr c and Carlos have become firm friends. I think mr c is hurting that Carlos has walked. That came through quite strong in his message. Working with / for a close friend is difficult as it clouds the judgement. 

This is done now, time to put it to bed. The big issue now is who comes in, and I think this will ultimately be what mr c is judged by. Get it right and he will be a hero but I dread what  will happen if he gets it wrong.

24 minutes ago, cognacbarnowl said:

Good morning Neil and fellow Owlstalkers. Merry Christmas to you all.

Owlstalk is the only social media platform that I have ever used and it will probably stay that way. I live on the West coast of Ireland, ( ironically at the location of the new Star Wars movie lol ) , so I'm about as far removed as I can be from S6. However, even as isolated as I am out here I am aware of some of the abuse that has been thrown about on other social media platforms regarding Carlos and the chairman. Just because Carlos doesn't use social media any longer doesn't mean that he wouldn't be aware of some of the things said on it.

Just trying to be objective here and not having a go at anyone.

FFS

Im sorry to hear you’re in any way involved in that travesty of a new Star Wars film

lol

Have a great Christmas mate!

Owlstalk Shop

13 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Its made me really angry

Dont believe the hype 

We are better than that 

Sorry Neil, but this is becoming an obsession with you.

Yes mistakes have been made and No I am not a happy clapper , but I honestly believe that Chansiri is trying to drag the club, kicking and screaming, into the 21st century.

The club as a business, has been under invested in for the last 5 decades, since Eric Taylor's original plan, all the money thrown at the 1st team, while the rest of the club, Stadium, Training facilities, Youth development and financial streams, were ignored.

I for one, am fed up of the rollercoaster ride that is Wednesday, 4-5 seasons in the Sun followed by decades in the doldrums and if wanting the club to have the chance to move forward then I will support Chansiri over you and any revival of The Wednesdayite agenda.