I’m very angry tonight

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

It was a very friendly constructive meeting where much was discussed and positive outcomes reached

I enjoyed it and I know from the loving glances I got from across the table that they felt the same

There was a warm glow and we almost fell in love

lol

Was DC present or did he delegate to one of his 'managers'? 

It's like some christmas edition of a soap opera this.

I've never bought the fan blame game. The players are scared to play at home crap, the fans moaning affects the players/manager - it's a nonsense. It's like it doesn't happen anywhere else in England - it does! Wallace sushing the crowd - he's lucky he was chased across the pitch.

DC needs to look at the context of what has happened this season and his role in events. He gave CC another year - what for? Surely it was to get promotion, as that what we came so close the two previous years. Why is it the fans fault that we look like a relegation team. Should DC have given CC more time? Clearly results and performances say no - but hey it's the fans fault.

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

DC was not present

I don't wish to pry but feck it, it's Christmas eve and we're discussing our wonderful club. Would I be in the ballpark if I suggested the aim of the meeting was to attempt to get you to rein in some of the more vociferous posters? 

Just now, BRADDO said:

I don't wish to pry but feck it, it's Christmas eve and we're discussing our wonderful club. Would I be in the ballpark if I suggested the aim of the meeting was to attempt to get you to rein in some of the more vociferous posters? 

Oh no absolutely nothing like that

Nothing sinister really mate and definitely no sniff of the club trying to silence anyone

It was all really friendly, positive and no threat to 'freedom of speech' whatsoever

Owlstalk Shop

Oh no absolutely nothing like that

Nothing sinister really mate and definitely no sniff of the club trying to silence anyone

It was all really friendly, positive and no threat to 'freedom of speech' whatsoever

Oh good. We can at least put that conspiracy theory to bed. 

1 minute ago, BRADDO said:

It was probably the day after Neil started the thread about the large chairman mao murals in the north west terrace.

I imagine plain cloths heavies in dark glasses, a small room without windows, and a spot light were involved.

• Haha 1

Just now, BRADDO said:

Interesting. So tell me, are we likely to get promoted any time soon or has the money dried up? 

I have no information whatsoever on the club or chairman finances mate

As for promotion god knows but am sure we can all agree that promotion this season under Carlos wasn't going to happen sadly.

Owlstalk Shop

23 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I'm more than proud of my mod team and the way they've handled recent times and the fact that there are no swear words used on owlstalk, personal abuse isn't tolerated and the site is very well self policed by the community.

If there's been any abuse of the chairman and manager then as/when it's been reported via the report system the mod team have been straight on it

I'd put Owlstalk up against Twitter, other sites, facebook groups etc any day of the week when it comes to personal abuse. 

We just don't tolerate it and we have 1% of anything you see on any other platform

As for criticism - there has been much, plenty and a considerable amount but that's reflective of the club's current position, ticket pricing and the performances on the pitch.

Amazing how abuse and criticism are confused.

It must be a very fluffy insular world if saying Carlos or the Chairman are underperforming, is classed as abuse.

• Like 1

I have no information whatsoever on the club or chairman finances mate

As for promotion god knows but am sure we can all agree that promotion this season under Carlos wasn't going to happen sadly.

Indeed. What will be, will be. 

10 minutes ago, BRADDO said:

I think I might have heard something if it was.

lol

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, swissmess said:

I agree with the chairman. Swiss fans stick with their clubs. More immigrants working here than anywhere else in Europe. Many support swiss clubs too. You stick together. This site has been a platform for abuse. Bit rich of you to claim it never happened, you want me to post the choicer items? Thought not.

A neutral Swiss person. Who'd have thought it. 

Merry swissmas.

I was in agreement with the OP until he said the worst football since Megson.

The fact is the football under Dave Jones became dire following promotion and I seem to remember from Mr Owlstalk himself: 1) the constant defence of DJ 2) the insinuation it was the fans fickle nature for wanting him out. 

1 minute ago, CEOwl said:

I was in agreement with the OP until he said the worst football since Megson.

The fact is the football under Dave Jones became dire following promotion 

Megson's football was proper dire in his final weeks

I'd actually forgot Dave Jones succeeded him - such was the need to wipe that manager from my memory - but you're right. Dave Jones' football was dire too

Apologies

Owlstalk Shop