I’m very angry tonight

Just now, vulva said:

Carlos is a great guy, and that bought him time. But refuse to believe he didn't read social media. I'd place good money on both him and DC having log ons for here. 

You'd be genuinely surprised who are members of this site.

I'm glad they are as they can get some great feedback on what is needed. It's the best customer feedback you could possibly get

And then a load of other madness too

lol

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

You'd be genuinely surprised who are members of this site.

I'm glad they are as they can get some great feedback on what is needed. It's the best customer feedback you could possibly get

And then a load of other madness too

lol

Would not surprise me at all. 

Merry Christmas fella. 

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Then headed to Hillsborough to the excellent 'Front Room' restaurant where I had an immaculate meal

Best curry house I've been to in years, don't go anywhere else. Everyone should check it out.

Great OP too, Neil, and hope you can calm down and enjoy Christmas with your family and friends.

1 minute ago, Owl Be Back said:

Best curry house I've been to in years, don't go anywhere else. Everyone should check it out.

Great OP too, Neil, and hope you can calm down and enjoy Christmas with your family and friends.

Thanks mate and am happy to hear you like Front Room. You're right about how good it is and it would be great if more people would go there as I dont' want to lose it from Hillsborough.

I'm calm now

I'm well into a box of Celebrations

Not the 'milky way' ones though 

I'm picking out the snickers ones

Have a great one mate - and up the owls

Owlstalk Shop

39 minutes ago, mkowl said:

The hypothesis is that DC and CC chatted, He offered to leave but DC wanted him to sleep on it. Cue DC getting wound up that us the fans have almost forced a decision upon him when the reality is he has probably never had any dissent to his views before. 

Perhaps in Thai culture that would never happen from folk not at the same financial level and where there is less respect to those that just because they are richer think they are better

Are we to assume that DC wanted Carlos to remain in post despite the performances and current league position? If so that is very worrying. I'm all for loyalty but in this case enough was enough. 

2 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Think Chansiri brought a football club as a bit of a vanity project. Get a club into the Premier League and everyone will love me and be singing my name.

Dont think he fully understood that if things dont go to plan some people are not shy of giving you a bit of stick.

Probably because he is that well off he is used to people bowing and scraping to him all the time and cant cope after spending millions he is not flavour of the month anymore. As a consequence he has thrown a strop and his statement was very badly written and cringeworthy.

Vanity certainly, but more importantly and the promise of PL riches from middlemen an advisers taking their cut from these type of deals.  

Just now, BRADDO said:

Are we to assume that DC wanted Carlos to remain in post despite the performances and current league position? If so that is very worrying. I'm all for loyalty but in this case enough was enough. 

Well that is certainly how his statement reads

And he'd not lie to us

Owlstalk Shop

28 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I don't know what you mean

Are you saying that our fans have been yelling for Carlos to get out over the last few months at games?

Things have been incredibly tolerant

Fans have been rumbling about getting shut of CC since before the Huddersfield game, if you haven’t seen of heard it, then the answer to my question is blinkers! 

1 minute ago, vulva said:

Carlos is a great guy, and that bought him time. But refuse to believe he didn't read social media. I'd place good money on both him and DC having log ons for here. 

Even if Carlos doesnt read social media he has been at enough clubs to get a vibe when fans are not happy with what they are seeing on the pitch.

The biggest worry for me about the statement is... what the hell were the press/PR team thinking in allowing it to be published?! They knew CC would be going at that point and therefore the statement was unnecessary in the grand scheme of things. It was an emotional rant and first rule of PR is you never make a quick statement on pure emotion.

Surely Trevor or somebody had the sense to take DC to one side and advise him it was a bad idea?! Or to sleep on it and draft a different, more objective, statement for when CC leaving was officially announced in the morning. 

And, even so, surely the version we’re reading is sanitised from what the original was?! And it still remains rambling and ranty.

I’d go as far as to say that DC’s bizarre early hours rambling rant statement is up there with the very worst of any decision having been made at the club since he arrived.

It’s bad/embarrassing when a statement aired the dirty washing in public, but I think it was aimed more at those being abusive.

The thing is though, that will not change even though it’s wrong. Any decent sized club that hasn’t had any success will have a percentage who think that is acceptable and no statement will prevent it.

If you buy a Wednesday, Leeds, Sunderland or Villa this is what you have to take on the chin and rise above it. It’s a shame but it’s the sad reality now that many fans feel that they are owed something and the gap between the fans and football owners, managers and players increases.

Nonetheless, I agree with the sentiment of the OP. Both Carlos and DC have had a tendency to see things how they would like to see it. If we are winning games it will be just about palatable but if not then they will feel the heat for it.

3 minutes ago, DeeJayOne said:

The biggest worry for me about the statement is... what the hell were the press/PR team thinking in allowing it to be published?! They knew CC would be going at that point and therefore the statement was unnecessary in the grand scheme of things. It was an emotional rant and first rule of PR is you never make a quick statement on pure emotion.

Surely Trevor or somebody had the sense to take DC to one side and advise him it was a bad idea?! Or to sleep on it and draft a different, more objective, statement for when CC leaving was officially announced in the morning. 

And, even so, surely the version we’re reading is sanitised from what the original was?! And it still remains rambling and ranty.

I’d go as far as to say that DC’s bizarre early hours rambling rant statement is up there with the very worst of any decision having been made at the club since he arrived.

Perhaps he has the keys to the website 

4 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

It’s bad/embarrassing when a statement aired the dirty washing in public, but I think it was aimed more at those being abusive.

I have absolutely no idea how that would ever work though

Ranting about it to the whole fanbase just alienates them and confuses them

It won't ever solve the issue either. Those being abusive are doing so because they aren't articulate or responsible enough to express themselves in any other way and the rest of the fanbase won't change that.

It's just incredibly naive from the chairman and even worse it brings the whole fanbase into it which is unfair to those fans who haven't been abusive and would never be. 

There are thousands and thousands of decent, honest, great fans of ours that have been incredibly tolerant and patient this season (There were even queues for the new shirt when it went on sale months late without stripes etc etc) who just don't need to hear about the chairman's personal spat with some geezers on twitter shouting their mouths off at him

This statement wasn't just ill informed, poorly constructed and ill advised - it was a bad move and one that has upset many ordinary fans who don't ever deserve upsetting.

Owlstalk Shop