CARLOS SACK HIM OR BACK HIM

Carlos - SACK HIM OR Back HIM  

762 members have voted

1. 1. After a string of inept performances is it now time for carlos to go, or should he be given more time ?

• BACK HIM - He will come good soon
    • SACK HIM - He's taken us as far as he can. New blood needed
  2. 2. How did you vote on the last poll ?

• No change - sack then, sack now
    • I've changed my mind - I backed him, now i want him sacked
    • I've changed my mind - I wanted him sacked, now i want him to stay

2 hours ago, Finlux_Cup said:

He’s busy drafting a newspaper-esque piece as we speak, complete with LARGE FONT opening lines accompanying a leading picture, followed by baseless ramblings.

i hope he gets that job with Look Local or S6 free handout, it’s clearly driving him mad.

He's trying to find something positive to say. Good luck Neil.

Last two games Id have expected 4 points minimum,we got one.

Both winnable games in all fairness to CC,the second half tonight was painfull to watch,poor beyond belief,last time this lot won a home game was over 2 months ago,then we roll up.

Over 1500 of our fans turned up.......the players didnt.

Disgracefull

I've been giving him the benefit of the doubt for a long time and hoping things would change but now has come the time for a change.

Year one was brilliant, year two seemed to (after a bad start) keep the momentum going.

But now there is nothing but a backwards slide.

Sorry Carlos time to go.

UTO

10 minutes ago, Stoop said:

Regrettably I think it’s time the Carlos out chants are sung at Hillsborough. CC is really starting to stink the place out now

Fully agree with this mate. 

Its one of the few things the fans can realistically do to get our feelings across. 

I know people have said not turning up to games, but even with the utter dog dirt that is served up when people have payed a fortune they still want to go. Myself included. 

Not been today nor been able to watch on the telly. Was there any chants today?

certainly should be Friday. And very loudly too

Honestly can’t believe it’s being debated. Carlos has to go - 100%. This situation is becoming embarrassing! 

To play like we do after spending all that money on transfer fees and wages is quite  frankly disgraceful.

If you are reading this, check out of your hotel room and get on the first flight back to Portugal. The players aren’t playing for you and you have now lost the goodwill of the fans.

13 hours ago, ANDY said:

site is running slower than usual

i didn't see his poll

I wanted to include the previous poll question

If we put all these "sack him" posts together it would speed up and half the content

2 hours ago, mcmigo said:

It is time for carlos to go without a doubt. Make Lee Bullen caretaker, probably until the end of the season, and source a better head coach in the summer. 

May as well because the season is realistically over as far as promotion is concerned.

2 hours ago, mcmigo said:

It is time for carlos to go without a doubt. Make Lee Bullen caretaker, probably until the end of the season, and source a better head coach in the summer. 

13 hours ago, BRADDO said:

After Wembley we needed a tweak here and there. 18 months later we not only need a whole new coaching set up but a new back four, 3 midfielders and a something different up top. In essence, the whole project needs starting again. One problem. We've spent up. Conclusion? We're fecked.

Agree with the first bit but don't agree we need to completely re build. Have said it before, the Villa performance showed what we CAN do. 

Purely by playing at a higher tempo when we have the opportunity, it would transform the style & results.

Some pace would be nice, but even with the players we've got, if they were told to "go for it" when the chance arises (and yesterday after we scored it was screaming out for it) it would sort some of the problems.

If we are unable to do this under the current regime (which looks the case to be honest), then it needs changing but I don't see any need to completely throw the 'baby out with the bathwater'.

13 hours ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

Trying to to type without anger but I can’t. 

Yet another inept performance. It was clear as day we were struggling playing 2 in the middle yet Carlos did nothing to address it only bringing on Lee for the woeful Jones who spent more time kicking the opposition than offering anything else.

It’s also clear as day our full backs are sub standard. Palmer is an absolutely shocking RB who offers nothing. Can’t cross, can’t defend, can’t cope when under pressure. Fox just as bad and loses his man most of the time. 

We then did the usual thing when 1-0 of dropping off. If we are going to do that then it made more sense to bring Lee on at half time rather than when the game was lost. Yet another guess the line up but not the formation which as we know will be another 4-4-2 which doesn’t suit us. 

Then we revert to the diamond and bring big Dave on to try and repeat the heroics of the san siro (Portman Rd). The zonal marking is a joke and resulted in a free header. Our defending this season has been rubbish largely due to a defensive coach that insists on zonal marking and looked at over 200 centre backs and then picked Aken. Not the lads fault and will be a good defender when this lot have cleared out. 

When you’re struggling like we are you would think a change in formation could work but no plod along with the same old tired way of playing that offers little other then a bit of possession. 

The sooner Carlos and his back room staff are gone the better. We are flipping awful and going nowhere. A horrible season to watch. 

Midfield has been the problem area for the last 2 & 1/2 years, but fans always blame the Forwards or the defence.

Last night showed it, we were lucky in the first 1/2 when the all the midfield were far forward leaving just Loovens and Van Aken to defend against 4 attacking players.

The same thing happened for the equaliser, this has been happening for the last 2 1/2 seasons.

WE desperately need a proper defensive player to sit in front of the Defence, this may be a role for Fred, or just change to a 3 man defence