CARLOS SACK HIM OR BACK HIM

Carlos - SACK HIM OR Back HIM  

762 members have voted

1. 1. After a string of inept performances is it now time for carlos to go, or should he be given more time ?

• BACK HIM - He will come good soon
    • SACK HIM - He's taken us as far as he can. New blood needed
  2. 2. How did you vote on the last poll ?

• No change - sack then, sack now
    • I've changed my mind - I backed him, now i want him sacked
    • I've changed my mind - I wanted him sacked, now i want him to stay

Can't vote because my choice isn't there. 

SACK AT END OF SEASON:

Make sure we have enough points to be comfortable. Plan from now to bring in the change of management team we need. Make sure the 'Doyen' connection is severed. Get rid of the 'sick notes' and dead wood. Plan for next season. 

12 minutes ago, Freshfish said:

SACK AT END OF SEASON:

Make sure we have enough points to be comfortable. Plan from now to bring in the change of management team we need. Make sure the 'Doyen' connection is severed. Get rid of the 'sick notes' and dead wood. Plan for next season. 

I actually worry how low we will finish if he stays. We can’t afford to wait until the end of the season.

Act now, give the new man time to get to know the squad and steady the ship- by the time the summer comes he will hopefully be clear about what we need to do to move forward. 

We are no better now than we were under Brian Laws when we had no money and had to cobble together a team from free transfers and loan players that no one else wanted.

We are an utter shambles and sleepwalking into a relegation battle. 

Carlos out.

Last nights performance clearly illustrated the need for change.

No passion, aggression, intensity, pace or athleticism. Players don't look happy and probably many don't want to play for him.

CC has had good financial backing and great support from the fans but he has failed miserably.

Go back to the play-off final which he turned into a 'day out' rather than the biggest game (financially) in our history - which it was, that day we were shocking, no game plan no desire. The embarrassment of last years play off 1st leg at Udders when we played for a bore draw, then we reached rock bottom in the derby game he clearly showed that he is incapable of motivating the team.

His recruitment has been awful, ageing pedestrian players on huge contracts for this level.

DC isn't much better, he has no understanding of football or indeed the fans, his ludicrous ticket pricing policy, the shirt debacle, his interference in players squad numbers, the pathetic 2 minutes silence for someone none of our fans had ever heard of, the joke of a club shop - I could go on.

This season has gone for us - such a shame in our 150th year, change is required immediately to enable a new Manager to make changes in January then again in the summer to mount a credible promotion challenge next campaign.

34 minutes ago, Freshfish said:

Get rid of the 'sick notes' and dead wood. Plan for next season. 

I wonder how many of the "Sick notes" and "Dead wood" would make miraculous recoveries and actually become first team regulars under a new manager. Boyd and Abdi for example.

36 minutes ago, Freshfish said:

SACK AT END OF SEASON:

Ffs, what do you think keeping this stale coach is going to acheive?

Let your sentiments go, we are heading for a relegation battle with him in charge!

41 minutes ago, Freshfish said:

SACK AT END OF SEASON:

No advantage to keeping him until the end of the season at all

1 hour ago, adelphi1867 said:

Midfield has been the problem area for the last 2 & 1/2 years, but fans always blame the Forwards or the defence.

Last night showed it, we were lucky in the first 1/2 when the all the midfield were far forward leaving just Loovens and Van Aken to defend against 4 attacking players.

The same thing happened for the equaliser, this has been happening for the last 2 1/2 seasons.

WE desperately need a proper defensive player to sit in front of the Defence, this may be a role for Fred, or just change to a 3 man defence

Midfield and defence is the problem... 

loovens has become an embarrassment, and van aken is having a mare. 

Midfield is poor, Hutchinson is finished , I fear lee is too. Jones is a waste of time and abdi is a shocker of a signing . The wings are a joke too. Wallace has to be the worst starting winger in the division 

My thinking is this... Sacking gives us a chance of actually getting something out of this season. I remember years back that Sunderland were either bottom or thereabouts, they sacked their manager, brought in Roy Keane (I ain't saying I want him before you ask) and won the league by a landslide if I remember rightly. I know we aren't at the bottom of the league but if that's happened before it can happen again. 

17 hours ago, ANDY said:

After a string of poor performances, culminating in a 3-1 defeat to a poor Norwich side that we made look good..

Are you still behind Carlos or is it now time for him to go

some poll this andy .....if you backed him last time and still back him it wont let you vote .which seems a tad unfair to me .

I'll not bother quoting the responses to my initial post but my response is...if DC rushes into replacing CC now, and the backroom staff that will invariably go with him, there is a far bigger chance of us bringing the wrong manager irrespective of who it might be, and financially it will be a disaster for the club. Unless DC is already doing the background work and identifying someone then I would rather wait and use the money more wisely for next season. So it isn't a sentimental response, it's a reasoned response which, in my opinion would be more beneficial to the club and would avoid the distinct possibility of us, once again, getting into the cycle of sacking, backing, sacking, wasting, losing...

CC won't take us down and we are still not half way through the season. But I'm also pretty sure we won't be in with a shout of the play-offs, if the way we play doesn't change.

Change is needed but panicking is not what's needed. Maybe it's those calling for change right now that need to be less sentimental and understand that turning around the business on and off the pitch, after the many years of mismanagement and appalling leadership, wasn't going to be something done simply to fit into the 150th Year Celebrations: 

I see it like this:

1) We got a new chairman and new manager and a new hope. Did better expected despite playing boring rubbish football.

2) A second season and we still played boring rubbish football but finished higher in the table. The writing was already on the wall, though, and we played pathetically in the play offs and CC should have been sacked then.

3) This season and you would think we, the team would have learned from their mistakes over the previous couple of seasons but we haven't. Now we're just going through the motions

Edited by pgmetcalf

17 hours ago, ANDY said:

site is running slower than usual

i didn't see his poll

I wanted to include the previous poll question

I’ve seen Neil’s pole.

Edited by Guest