Sheffield Wednesday chairman calls for local merchandisers to come forward

On 30/10/2017 at 10:52, @owlstalk said:

1.jpg.8975c9c9c4213c6e7aa8f3c0ca4cf657.jpg

Another positive here potentially. The Sheffield Wednesday chairman Mr Chansiri has asked for any local merchandise producers who could potentially put their products into the Megastore to come forward.

He has stated that he would rather work with Wednesday fans who can produce quality items than non-Wednesday fans to keep it in the family

SO

If you are a local or Sheffield Wednesday supporting merchandise producer who can rescue us from the kind of wares we have seen in the Megastore over the years then we implore you to contact the club ASAP and get your products in the shop there.

Let's help ourselves to make the Megastore worth visiting time after time.

Ps if you produce the kind of 'elf jumper' pictured above please dont' bother. Thanks. love EVERYONE.

Can we buy these or not? I'm confused now.

SWFC SUBUTEO sets are available, made locally, but you have to:-

Pick up the pieces.

Glue the legs back on.

Buy the shirts separately at laser cut prices.

Use a random formation generator.

Pick the best eleven out of a hat.

Strike up a deal where you pay the shop double for all future players (that they found at the back and patched up).

Buy an extra box of players in case some of the first team you bought, don't work properly.

Find out that the second team you bought is exactly the same as the first, but with names you've heard of from years ago.

You get the drift.

• Haha 6

On ‎30‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 11:48, Pompeyowl said:

People harp on all the time about how adults in replica shirts should grow up. 

However, there is a MUCH bigger problem that has become extremely popular in recent years, much the annoyance of adults with brain cells. 

That problem is adults in Christmas jumpers. 

Come on. Just, come on! You're not six years old for roger sake. Grow the roger up. 

What gets me is adults taking Halloween seriously.

Someone in the pub asked me what I was doing for Halloween, I said "Nothing, I'm an adult not a 5 year old".  I'm 63 years old for heavens sake.

Maybe I'm just a grumpy chuff.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, prowl said:

What gets me is adults taking Halloween seriously.

Someone in the pub asked me what I was doing for Halloween, I said "Nothing, I'm an adult not a 5 year old".  I'm 63 years old for heavens sake.

Maybe I'm just a grumpy chuff.

Busiest time of the year for me ......

lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

20 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Are you the real Santa

Could I have a football team that cares about its fans please and a choco block car ppppllllleeeaasseees WTF:

I'm a Ghost you daft Campanologist...

lol

**However

PM Bank and sort code and your wish is my command 

• Haha 3

On 30/10/2017 at 10:52, @owlstalk said:

1.jpg.8975c9c9c4213c6e7aa8f3c0ca4cf657.jpg

Another positive here potentially. The Sheffield Wednesday chairman Mr Chansiri has asked for any local merchandise producers who could potentially put their products into the Megastore to come forward.

He has stated that he would rather work with Wednesday fans who can produce quality items than non-Wednesday fans to keep it in the family

SO

If you are a local or Sheffield Wednesday supporting merchandise producer who can rescue us from the kind of wares we have seen in the Megastore over the years then we implore you to contact the club ASAP and get your products in the shop there.

Let's help ourselves to make the Megastore worth visiting time after time.

Ps if you produce the kind of 'elf jumper' pictured above please dont' bother. Thanks. love EVERYONE.

Me and dad own a Butchers what we can offer chansiri is a way of making money back on his crop players. We can sell abdi ribs abdi shin meat Hutchinson knuckle bone and so on and a decent price too Xmas is coming up all the injured players are fattening up nicely ready for slaughter Xmas week. 

Not a bad idea, dependant on what the seller can negotiate. 

From the sites I see on here occasionally, there’s some decent stuff people are doing. 

On a side note, who will be manufacturing next seasons kit ?

Lets hope that’s in place already. 

In theory this seems a good idea to me, there are some rather nice Wednesday themed goods being produced locally. So if the club aren't looking to be too greedy, this seems a good way of filling in for the megastore's obvious deficits. Plus in many ways Sheffield seems to have an ever growing and thriving set of independent trader's touting out a vast range of products beyond Wednesday stuff.

But if they wanted additional stuff in the store for the Christmas run up, have they not left it a bit late? Local merchandisers may be a bit busy trying to off load their goods through their usual outlet's or at events planned months in advance. I guess it depends how complex the process the club want. 

Equally let's hope the local merchandisers haven't visited the megastore to see how many people are in there....

:Chansiri: