Are you expecting 6 points from the next 2 games?

6 minutes ago, Ronnie Starling said:

I expect 2 wins no ifs no buts as Carlos say's we will be promoted and this mean winning these games with the greatest respect to the opposition. Whether we will is another thing.

Teams that get promoted won't be picking up just 1 point from Burton, Birmingham, Bolton, Derby and Preston away either, and winning 1 away game from 7.

To be fair the Fulham win was an impressive and perhaps unexpected one, but like the performance at home to Leeds it seems to have been the exception rather than the norm whereas the promoted sides will be consistently picking up those wins.

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Barnsley and Millwall up next, both games at home.

Both teams form is inconsistent and these are winnable games

With the current available players are you fully expecting nothing but 6 points from the next 2 games?

Hoping , yes

Expecting , no 

3 hours ago, Ronseal said:

Yes..then a 2-0 defeat at villa

This is exactly how I feel. A couple of uninspiring victories will have Carlos saying “I told you, we’d turn it around.”

Then a defeat to villa where the referee or some other injustice (in carlos’ eyes) will have occurred and we’ll be back where we are right now. 

Rinse and repeat for the rest of the season.

So predictable unfortunately. 

2 hours ago, OneDavidHirst said:

The players don't even believe in themselves at the minute let alone him.

Aren't the players continually claiming that it's not Carlos' fault? Not taking sides here, but I'm genuinely confused by what's actually going on behind closed doors.

3 hours ago, alanharper said:

6 points should be demanded from these games, not expected.

After the Leeds game, I said that we should be looking for 10 points from the next 12 if we had realistic aspirations of promotion. We've got 0 from 6 so far.

Similar, mine was 10 points from 15 heading in to the international break ..we've gained 0 so far, best we can aim for is 6 .. we need 6 points minimum from the next 3 games but I can see us getting only 2 or possibly less ..

the more games we lose now, it leaves us less room to manoeuvre in the future which means future defeats will hurt us more and more ...

6 hours ago, TrickyTrev said:

We are told time and time again that our target is to get promoted, if this is the case we really should be beating Barnsley and Millwall at home.

If we can't get 6 points from these 2 games and the number of sides between us and the top 6 grows, then we need to think about reassessing where we are as a club and accept that we are going to be a mid-table side this season which in my view will be abject failure.

We've already failed to beat Birmingham, Sunderland, Bolton and Burton this season, would it really surprise fans if we didn't beat these 2 sides too?

Was just about to type this but you've saved me the trouble.

I can see us winning both games, I've a feeling Millwall will be toughest game though. 

Those saying "we can't beat Bolton and these 2 are better teams and so we've no chance! Football doesn't work like this.

Aren't Leeds, Fulham and Forest better than Bolton? we beat them.