Okay, so, who next?

Holloway for me - never thought I'd day that. 

Knows our side inside out as illustrated when QPR came to town earlier in the season. He'd set us up properly, has passion on bucket loads, goes on about how much he likes Sheffield and all that. Can't be worse than CC. 

I also think its worth noting that although he's not doing great at QPR , with a better squad it'd be a different ball game.

Heckingbottom , sounds great, ticks loads of boxes, but managing Barnsley and the expectations and us are completely different .

Not sold on Pearson, , Big Sam is high high cost and has baggage, Pardew is meah, for me, Big Mick is an option , but I want a manager who plays attacking football. Laudrup of me please,  

Why does it have to be an out of work manager. If DC is as ambitious as he says ,then lets go and get  a manager who is doing a good job with another club and pay the compo. Other clubs do that . 

Why do we always have to list in the jobcentre for a new manager ? 

39 minutes ago, Owlinmad said:

Christophe Galtier and Paul Heckingbottom are the two on the short list.

Galtier's available. I wouldn't touch an ex-Wednesday player who's managing Barnsley with a bargepole after the Wilson debacle.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Why does it have to be an out of work manager. If DC is as ambitious as he says ,then lets go and get  a manager who is doing a good job with another club and pay the compo. Other clubs do that . 

Why do we always have to list in the jobcentre for a new manager ? 

I never said it had to be an out of work manager when I asked the question, just that it had to be realistic.

4 minutes ago, blueandwhitematt said:

I'd like to hear more about this.  And the shortlist, which suggests things are afoot...?

Word in the football world is that a few candidates have been sounded out for when Carlos goes and the two I mentioned have been shortlisted as "people of interest".

By the way it is common for clubs to have a list of managerial targets, even in the "good" times.