Okay, so, who next?

20 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

All three of them wouldn't last 18 months here which makes them high risk options IMO.

What are you basing that on?

They've got more championship experience and are better known than Carlos was when he came here 2 and a half years ago.

Guest Dingle.

Pep Ruiz, Paul Hurst, Nathan Jones, are the three I’d want on the short list at Oakwell if we were looking for a new manager. 

1 hour ago, OutspokenTom said:

What are you basing that on?

They've got more championship experience and are better known than Carlos was when he came here 2 and a half years ago.

They are as inconsistent as Carlos and been no where near the Top 6 apart from Johnson who was there for a month or so last season before they careered down the league. I wouldn't bet against Bristol City doing the same this. Any one of the three would be a car crash waiting to happen here.

10 hours ago, Great Big Galaa said:

They are as inconsistent as Carlos and been no where near the Top 6 apart from Johnson who was there for a month or so last season before they careered down the league. I wouldn't bet against Bristol City doing the same this. Any one of the three would be a car crash waiting to happen here.

They've got worse squads than Carlos though. 

9 minutes ago, OutspokenTom said:

They've got worse squads than Carlos though. 

Probably but I think anyone of those managers is as likely to take us down as up. Ex-Players very rarely succeed here as managers as both Heckingbottom and Smith are. Johnson would be a massive gamble.

I don't think Carlos will be binned at the moment and there's a very good chance he'll still get the season. I think it's inevitable he'll leave sooner rather than later because he's lost the fans. There aren't many sticking up for him now if any?

As for potential replacements there's more chance of Chansiri selling up than bringing in an old school British manager IMO? I think we'll go down the foreign route again but I'd like to see us take a chance on a decorated ex-player like Giggs, Scholes, Seedorf etc. but this probably won't happen either?

Edited by Great Big Galaa

Can only speculate on Big Sam's psyche as I don't know the bloke, but I'd imagine a decent wage + a nice hefty promotion bonus could tempt him.

After what happened at England, perhaps the chance to make himself a hero here could be an incentive?

Chris Holt made a good point about our lack of leadership. He suggested Carlos’ management style of always protect the players might hinder anyone taking responsibility. I think this is a valid point as we’ve shown no character in the really big games, Brighton semi final excluded.

He’s dodgy, He’s got heart problems and he’d cost a fortune but Big Sam would bring in a leader on the pitch, sort the leaky defence out and get them playing with heart. 

There’s no one else out there that you think ‘Yep - him’. 

Considering his record at this level and with the types of players we have. Big Sam all day.

However if we want a punt how about a young English manager, three league promotions, a cup win, and got Uefa qualification. All for a tiny side. Granted it's in Sweden but Graham Potter could be interesting. 

1 hour ago, Libertine said:

Allardyce, Dyche, Laudrup mentioned in this thread. Any wonder our fans are widely seen as the most deluded in England. 

Honestly don't think you can rule out laudrup who is currently languishing successfully in the Middle East isn't he?

1 minute ago, MalagaOwl said:

Considering his record at this level and with the types of players we have. Big Sam all day.

However if we want a punt how about a young English manager, three league promotions, a cup win, and got Uefa qualification. All for a tiny side. Granted it's in Sweden but Graham Potter could be interesting. 

Brian Potter would be an improvement 

On ‎14‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 17:45, Owl Be Back said:

I like Heckingbottom at Barnsley. Young, British, knows the league, plays football in the right way, brings through young talent and gets results.

Not saying that guarantees him success at Hillborough, lets face it nothing does, but I think we could do a lot worse; keeping Carlos being one such option.

worked out well so far him at Leeds lol small club manager

• Haha 1