Okay, so, who next?

Right, I'm gonna attempt something I have never done and actually start a serious thread, although it will last about 5 minutes probably because, well, Owlstalk.

It is at the point now, that even I, who, while not a clapper, more of the level headed(ish) person, admits something needs to change. I'm, honestly not sure about the manger change, because, we could easily get someone far worse, and the grass isn't always greener.

So if Carlos does resign or get the sack, who would you lot like to see, that is a realistic appointment, because from where I sit, there isnt that many managers around who I would want. (No, not Megson, never Megson. there is a reasonw hy no club wants him as a manager and he hasn't managed for years) lol

• Like 1

Owlstalk members don't want a new manager.

Look what happens when new ones are suggested. Someone has already mentioned Pardew which guarantees at least 5 pages worth of this thread will be people telling us how he can't possibly succeed here and how awful it would be. 

Insert any other name and watch the same thing.

I'm looking at it from a slightly different angle. I'm struggling to think of many others who would be as wasteful of our resources or serve up football as garbage and negative as Carlos. Some of the worst managers in this clubs history have at least set us up right for derbies. 

The man is a fraud and his time is up. 

2 minutes ago, poite said:

Produce a list of all the out of work managers and I'm highlight the ones I wouldn't have over Carlos.

It won't have many highlights

Here we go.

Right on schedule. 

You know nowt about what a new manager could do here. None of us do. But given the continual, factual failures of the current manager that we DO know about, how about we roll the dice? 

Or let's keep dismissing the possibility of replacements based on absolutely nothing and watch as we finish 12th. 

1 minute ago, Lythamowl said:

Megson 

why not?

only bloody manager with with some passion in decades.

im sick of this continental approach I want someone who cares as much as we do. On that basis there is only one man for the job

lol

We need someone who is good in the transfer window as I think we need to freshen up the squad, and that includes letting players go. I think Dean would be a good choice though I would welcome any manager who can get the current squad playing from the first minute as opposed to sometime in the second half!

There are three ways we can go

A proven / recognised Championship / Prem manager........Pearson , McLaren, Pardew etc

An unknown off the continent

A punt on a manger who has done well at a smaller club....Hurst, Cook , Nolan etc

But the sad thing is we probably wont do anything.

3 minutes ago, sheffield_dave said:

Here we go.

Right on schedule. 

You know nowt about what a new manager could do here. None of us do. But given the continual, factual failures of the current manager that we DO know about, how about we roll the dice? 

Or let's keep dismissing the possibility of replacements based on absolutely nothing and watch as we finish 12th. 

Think you need to re-read my comment mate