Okay, so, who next?

Guest Sloth Lover

Re. Marcelo Bielsa, does he speak English? Don't think he's realistic anyway though. I was a Holloway sceptic but think he'd be a great fit personally, gets the best out of his players and admires our club. I think we could tempt him. Aside from him, Dean Smith would be worth a punt IMO. Don't want Pardew - granted his team's start off well when he is appointed but nose dive very quickly

7 minutes ago, Mishowl said:

It's a question no fan can answer because we don't know anything about what DC wants.

What salary are we prepared to pay and how does the salary compare to the market rate?

How close to FFP are we and what's the transfer budget going forward?

What length of contract are we offering?

What's the bonus structure and how does that compare in the market?

Are we prepared to approach another club or does it have to be someone out of work?

Is the new person allowed to bring their own back room staff with them?

Do we want British or continental?

Does the person have to have a promotion on their CV?

Is style of play important or purely results?

Do we want experience or maybe an ex 'big name' player?

Come back with answers to these and the fans might be able to to come up with a name or two.  

Fans seem to be doing ok with answering who they would want, which was my question. Not who will DC want, but who individual fans who want CC gone want

Realistically, Smith, Heckinbottom, Johnson are good options, play the game in the right way, know this league and would be low risk options. 

I have a nagging doubt as to whether our expectations may be too much for them, but we have to look shorter term and focus on each game. We have had our eye on the Premier League too much, believing it was a formality after our final defeat, reflected in our pricing and taken our eye of the ball with regard to actually getting their first.

For me the key question for this season (at least) is, would the above get more out of this squad, put out a better product on the pitch and consequently improve our league position...for me the answer is yes.

Edited by striker

3 minutes ago, Vernon1867 said:

Mick McCarthy is the best option by a country mile.

But he doesn't strike me as the type who'd desert his club mid season.

god if we appointed him, Owlstalk would be in a meltdown completely...his sides play awful football and they lost to the pigs today, isn't that what OT has been whining about concerning us lol

2 minutes ago, Mishowl said:

The point being we don’t know who is realistic because we don’t know the answers to any of the questions I posted. 

Well we can narrow it down by saying Pep isn't realistic, but, you are right to a degree, which was the reason I asked the question, so many people just want Carlos out with no idea who even they would put in charge. So, we could get rid of Carlos and get a whole lot worse. Honestly, out of those mentioned I'd like Lee Johnson

30 minutes ago, striker said:

Realistically, Smith, Heckinbottom, Johnson are good options, play the game in the right way, know this league and would be low risk options. 

I have a nagging doubt as to whether our expectations may be too much for them, but we have to look shorter term and focus on each game. We have had our eye on the Premier League too much, believing it was a formality after our final defeat, reflected in our pricing and taken our eye of the ball with regard to actually getting their first.

For me the key question for this season (at least) is, would the above get more out of this squad, put out a better product on the pitch and consequently improve our league position...for me the answer is yes.

All three of them wouldn't last 18 months here which makes them high risk options IMO.

2 hours ago, ZIMMY said:

Has let down a section of the Fan Base including me, who have known for a long time that, 'Carvalhal will not get Sheffield Wednesday Promoted'. We have had to suffer a Humiliating Defeat to our Cross City Neighbours, who are operating on a small budget compered to ours, and to be beaten twice by the worst team in the league,has left your take over just a distant memory, and simple not GOOD ENOUGH,so set your personal feelings aside as i know you like him, like a lot of the Fan Base who don't know any better,and employ some one who will not only get us Promoted, which wont be hard with this Squad,but will play with the style to justify the Fabulous Wages you pay them,when the average Fan can only Dream about that kind of Money. P. S. get rid of Bullen as well as his Social Media Exploits are Sickly.          

Karanka

One things for certain. A lot of managers would love his job. When Carlos took over many people would have looked at the job as risky... we hadn't spent any money up to then, foreign owners never really seem to reliable and it was a very average playing squad. 

Now people will see it as a very attacking squad, huge depth, chairman really has backed his man and given him plenty of time and money. 

I gurantee we could bring in a real top proven manager. Someone's whose done it at this level before.