Carlos Carvalhal vote - Now with an actual poll!

In or Out  

889 members have voted

1. 1. Should Carlos be fired?

• Fire Him
    • Keep Him

1 hour ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

Is this around the time Robbo was giving this old girl a guiding hand ? 

Word on the street said at the time Robbo's wife had her banned from the club .....:stuwinky:She did look better than this photo when she was receiving the "guided hand"...

ClareTomlinsonSky-547536.jpg

I know it's a long time ago but what happened?? 

ClaireTomlinsonES_228x311.jpg

19 minutes ago, Bez said:

In

because only fools who have been watching too much Premier League and think Wednesday should win every game want Carlos out.  Football is broken with Premier League money and the top teams spending zillions - modern fans watch it and want that for their own team.  Despite being 17 years removed from the Prem, our fans think we are still big boys who should win every game... the Premier League mentality leaking through...

Carlos led us to the playoffs twice with attractive football.  Now you guys want him sacked... jog on.

Once....

• Haha 1

I've wanted CC out since Brighton away last season, but I'm going to abstain from voting for now.

That was quite simply the worst defensive performance we've put in since Stevenage away, and I can't say I saw it coming - I can't in good conscience make CC entirely to blame for defenders failing to do the basics right, and let's be right here, we're reacting to today's performance rather than the season as a whole.

I hated last season. It was dull and frustrating - and expensive. Finishing fourth should have been more enjoyable than that.

This season though we are genuinely much better. Our full backs have looked so much better. Hooper's been fantastic for us, as has Bannan. Lee's return has also been excellent. The team as a whole has looked for more convincing for me - and this was something I rarely felt last season.

He gets a few more games as far as I'm concerned. Still, I think it'll be difficult to find any fans left still supporting him if we put in another performance against Leeds as we did today, and that's irrespective of how we do against Birmingham.

• Like 1

OUT, and I take no pleasure in saying it - but with the money spent and length of time he's coached most of our team, we rarely impress and when was the last time you saw us go for a 3rd, 4th, 5th etc. in any match home or away? They showed us how to do it today, never shut up shop, just played fearless football with a bunch of journeymen and nobody who you would really select instead of someone in our team, and we couldn't handle it. It was embarrassing and they might have had 6 if they had put a couple of other relatively easy chances away.

We've scraped wins after being outplayed by the likes of Brentford and even had to labour to victories over Rotherham and the like while other teams scored for fun against them; it's like a needle in a haystack finding a comfortable win, but that's hardly surprising when the team doesn't turn up for at least half of most games or shows little ambition to attack once we go ahead. Colin said as much last week, to add further insult to injury, when Cardiff were there for the taking.

In the critical matches - play-off final - play-off semis and today, we were largely shocking. Another manager will surely get at least as much from these players, yes it's a tough league, but with the players we have and our squad depth compared to many, we should not feel disloyal in expecting a lot more and not having to suffer a heart attack in 90% of our matches.

So for me, thank you Carlos, I enjoyed your time here in that first season in particular, but both parties need to wish each other well and move on.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Daz said:

OUT, and I take no pleasure in saying it - but with the money spent and length of time he's coached most of our team, we rarely impress and when was the last time you saw us go for a 3rd, 4th, 5th etc. in any match home or away? They showed us how to do it today, never shut up shop, just played fearless football with a bunch of journeymen and nobody who you would really select instead of someone in our team, and we couldn't handle it. It was embarrassing and they might have had 6 if they had put a couple of other relatively easy chances away.

We've scraped wins after being outplayed by the likes of Brentford and even had to labour to victories over Rotherham and the like while other teams scored for fun against them; it's like a needle in a haystack finding a comfortable win, but that's hardly surprising when the team doesn't turn up for at least half of most games or shows little ambition to attack once we go ahead. Colin said as much last week, to add further insult to injury, when Cardiff were there for the taking.

In the critical matches - play-off final - play-off semis and today, we were largely shocking. Another manager will surely get at least as much from these players, yes it's a tough league, but with the players we have and our squad depth compared to many, we should not feel disloyal in expecting a lot more and not having to suffer a heart attack in 90% of our matches.

So for me, thank you Carlos, I enjoyed your time here in that first season in particular, but both parties need to wish each other well and move on.

I voted IN but can't argue with any of that. Spot on really.

Mid way through last season I started to doubt Carlos was the man to take us up, after the play off debacle I was certain Carlos isn't the man to take us up.

As a person I like him and I don't like the personal insults some posters use against him but I promise you one thing, while ever Carlos is here was will not be promoted.

A change is needed and fast.

5 hours ago, torryowl said:

in .......we've been on a good run that's come to an end mainly  due to the 2 centre backs & reach  who have played well last 3 games having a shocker .

As usual, a voice of reason when others are losing our head.

Defeat, followed by seven unbeaten, followed by a (painful) defeat is not sacking form I agree. My gripe with Carlos started late 15/16, worsened last season, and the semi displays took him virtually beyond redemption for me.

You are very patient with him. How optimistic are you that he will come good?