Carlos Carvalhal vote - Now with an actual poll!

In or Out  

889 members have voted

1. 1. Should Carlos be fired?

• Fire Him
    • Keep Him

25 minutes ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

Can't believe people are trying to blame Westwood for that goal. Sometimes you just have to hold your hands up and accept it. It was a brilliant free kick.

This, it was a terrifically well worked free kick, only way it could have been saved was maybe someone on the post, sometimes you can't stop a goal, it happens, what came next was the remaining 85 minutes of almost complete garbage from us which was inexcusable.

Just now, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

I thought Bedwetters was a friendly nicknmane for the outers, apologies if I offended you deary.

To suggest someone is a moron for taking a step back from the disaster zone and having a bit of clarity, therefore not jumping the gun is moronic itself.

:tango:

Everyone has their breaking point. 

Some wanted him gone after Hull, some after Huddersfield and for me yesterday convinced that something needs changing. 

Be honest it might be best for CC if he's handed his p.45 sooner or later. I just can't see him turning this around and I fear that things will only get worst after that. 

His players let him down massively with their lack of professionalism, game management and back bone. Sadly, despite the players backing him, too often, when it really matters, they don't show it. 

4 hours ago, Southie_Owl said:

Whats the bigger picture? Genuine question because I can't see it 

Didn't think I'd get an answer to this, it seems those wanting Carlos to stay don't have much to support their argument today. Not having a go at them as it's a sad situation we find ourselves in.

I think if Chansiri asked most fans he'd realise it's time for a change, even if that means we stay midtable this season whilst the new man reshapes the squad. I think we'd accept that 

3 hours ago, Mountain Owl said:

When we do win usually its by the skin of our teeth. Most of the time we go out with a lathargic negative attitude and tactically we are awfull. Our football is far too slow and predictable and there is very little off the ball movement. We have no pace or strength in the side. We have no idea what to do with free kicks or corners as though we never practice these. As it stands now we have no leadership in the side and our defending is slow and woefull. To cap it all I firmly believe we are not as fit as other teams and certainly never play for a full 90 minutes. This is my honest opinion and I am totally fed up. We need a new manager with new back room coaches and staff with new ideas. This has to be someone who knows what it takes to get us out of this league not a portugese philosophy which is alien to the Championship.

And if you hadn't guessed its OUT.

2 hours ago, Mountain Owl said:

Being well adrift means its too late. You can't see that happening, well your'e entitled to your opinion. With the players we have we should be setting the pace in this division and even if we do finish in the top 6 come the Big play off games with Carlos in charge do you think we will do any better than the last two seasons? We had wonderfull opportunities against Hull and Hudders but the tactics from Carlos blew it big style. How many chances do you want to give him?

make your mind up ......" we have no pace or strength in the side "we have no leadership in the side " our defenders are slow and woeful" ......then an hour later" we have the players to be top of the league" ...........

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, torryowl said:

make your mind up ......" we have no pace or strength in the side "we have no leadership in the side " our defenders are slow and woeful" ......then an hour later" we have the players to be top of the league" ...........

You miss the point, the players in the main are not the problem. As I have said I believe they are not as fit as other teams and not organised tactically. Take yesterdays game,we were beaten by very ordinary players that we made look world beaters because they did the simple things like running off the ball, pass and move, one touch football very well. We do not do that. We haven't a clue what to do with a dead ball presumably because we do not practice this in training and also no obvious pre match tactics? This is not the players fault but what the manager has them doing or more aptly not doing during the week. And quite simply it has to be down to the manager. 

Whilst I indicate the players should be good enough we still need two pacy strong wingers and a big hulk up front. But again that is down to the manager and his recruitment priorities and I honestly don't think Carlos sees this. Add to that he is completely destroying Rhodes by giving him no supply from the wings.

In. Yesterday was a horror show, no question. The players didn't turn up in the first half. Second half we were much better. The stadium was bouncing after Joao's goal, but sadly we capitulated again. Could as easily have gone the other way at 2-2, though we wouldn't have deserved it. To concede four against that lot at home in our 150th year is disappointing to say the least, but I won't be swayed into saying out just because it seems to be the prevalent view on here.

There's no guarantee a new manager will come in and take us straight up anyway. Carlos deserves a bit more respect. We were starting to put a run together and there's no reason we can't get back on track. I'm not one for firing managers just because a few results have gone against them. It not like we've gone nine games without a win and are 12 points off the playoffs.

One thing that is starting to grind on me is how CC praises the players character. We got embarrassed 4v2 at home against our local rivals, no character shown whatsoever imo. No doubt people will say but we got back in to the game at 2v2, yes but then we fooked it up minutes later. So annoyed still about yesterday. 

44 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

One thing that is starting to grind on me is how CC praises the players character. We got embarrassed 4v2 at home against our local rivals, no character shown whatsoever imo. No doubt people will say but we got back in to the game at 2v2, yes but then we fooked it up minutes later. So annoyed still about yesterday. 

annoyed is an understaitment ten fold, cc under estimated the importance of this game and so did the players, big game, bottled it, they owe us and the chairman

As long as CC is in charge I don't trust him to win one-off important games

The playoffs are beyond his skills as a manager

And I've said for ages that if the blades got promoted they'd take us apart if Carlos was still here

He had a great first season but then bottled the playoff final

Since then we've got worse by not even making it past Huddersfield to get to the final

To say we've got an ambitious chairman it baffles me that he's tolerating this manager with his football club

He should have been down the road ages ago

I still think Carlos deserves the chance to try and bounce back from yesterday's debacle after showing himself to be a very effective manager in his first two seasons, but he's fast running out of chances to get it right, in my opinion.

I posted in another thread that I think yesterday's defeat, and the manner of it, may well mark the start of the end for Carlos at Hillsborough. Too many of the fanbase will have turned against him after that, and the disquiet following every below-par performance or result will be amplified tenfold by the echoes of yesterday's humbling.

It will take an incredible run of form in the next few months to undo the damage this game has done to Carlos' image among the fanbase, and it will need to start in earnest on Wednesday evening.

It can be done, but it's a very, very tall order from here.

Two poor results in the next week, and I reckon almost the entire fanbase will have decided that a change is required, and I reckon I'd be among them.

Edited by areNOTwhatTHEYseem

He should have been sacked after the Huddersfield debacle, giving a new man the chance to re-shape the squad in the summer and get to know the existing players.  Now may be too late, but I'd get rid and see if we can pull anything back in the remaining part of the season.  Play-offs still possible, but realistically, the top two has gone.