Carlos Carvalhal vote - Now with an actual poll!

In or Out  

889 members have voted

1. 1. Should Carlos be fired?

• Fire Him
    • Keep Him

The bloke will get us to the play offs - you dont fire guys that get you to the play offs. 

In the grand scheme of things, we've dropped 3 points out of a possible 138 that we're playing for. Yeah we weren't great in the first half but we showed great character to get ourselves back in to the game. Lets not pretend the free kick goal early in the had no nearing on the match panned out. Also them scoring straight away after we equalize. We never allowed ourselves a moment of parity in the whole game. 

We've lost derby games before. Lets not fall into the hole of doom and tell ourselves this is the end of the world. Its not. On to the next game. We'll be above them soon enough and when we are, we'll be above them for he rest of the rest of the season. 

This one swallow has made their summer. We have something bigger to worry about. 

Fair play to everyone who's still backing Carlos. I've been with you up until yesterday. That was it for me, letting in 4 and perdorming like that against them. Enough is enough now.

How many bad 1st halves do we have to see? How many big games to we have to blow? How many underperforming players do we have to have? All for 40 odd quid a game!? 

I'd be genuinely interested to hear what your breaking point is? When do we think we could/should be getting better?

I've said since the first game I think 18 points from the first 10 games is an acceptable tally, within a win of automatic promotion pace.

The maximum we can now get is 16 points, averaged over a season gives you 74 points, which by my reckoning is worse than last season and on par with year 1.

Sack him and save our chance of Automatic promotion. We'll probably get in the play-off's if we keep Carlos, but me, personally, I would gamble now.

13 minutes ago, Internationowl said:

Fair play to everyone who's still backing Carlos. I've been with you up until yesterday. That was it for me, letting in 4 and perdorming like that against them. Enough is enough now.

How many bad 1st halves do we have to see? How many big games to we have to blow? How many underperforming players do we have to have? All for 40 odd quid a game!? 

I'd be genuinely interested to hear what your breaking point is? When do we think we could/should be getting better?

This^^^^^

Yesterday sealed it for me. 

I've backed him time and time again, but I can't see how he recovers from that yesterday. 

Kind of result which destroys the relationship between the fans and the players/coaching staff. 

I fear that it's going to be a long, somewhat painful road of recovery from this. 

3 minutes ago, Lees Tom Cat said:

We only have these votes after a defeat.

True but based on our performances this season and our current league position, I don't think anyone could say we are a team good enough for promotion this season. And it's not a case of it being only a few games, as of the team that started yesterday, 7 of them are from the team that failed to get promotion in Carlos' first season, and 3 of them from the second failed season. And we're playing with the exact same style and method of thinking as in the previous two seasons, so where's the promotion coming from? I think is the reason for the polls coming out after every poor performance. 

For me, as much as I like Carlos as a man and his character, detaching myself away from the emotion of yesterdays shambles, my view still remains the same as last season.

Can I see us getting promoted with Carlos? No. For that reason i think he should go and should have gone at the end of last season. 

Our flaws which we could all see at the end of his first season have still not been addressed and he's too stubborn to change. He's taken us as far as he can. 

Edited by LoadABallacks

5 minutes ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

Arsenal, Brighton playoffs, Newcastle home & away.... Think you're being a tad selective 

CARLOS IN 

What is the common factor that links the outcome of all these results you quite correctly point out?

Clue: Stoke, Hull and Huddersfield performances.

21 minutes ago, Lees Tom Cat said:

We only have these votes after a defeat.

For me it's not the defeat, I can handle defeats like a grown up, even against the pigs, the issue is the nature of the defeat, we are at the point where we're tactically ineffective, if the opponents nullify our tactic in any way then we're done for, we're playing without any kind of enthusiasm, energy, drive, passion, ingenuity, confidence, basically everything the pigs had yesterday we were the opposite of and that stuff comes from the management/coaching staff.

26 minutes ago, ramone said:

The bloke will get us to the play offs - you dont fire guys that get you to the play offs. 

In the grand scheme of things, we've dropped 3 points out of a possible 138 that we're playing for. Yeah we weren't great in the first half but we showed great character to get ourselves back in to the game. Lets not pretend the free kick goal early in the had no nearing on the match panned out. Also them scoring straight away after we equalize. We never allowed ourselves a moment of parity in the whole game. 

We've lost derby games before. Lets not fall into the hole of doom and tell ourselves this is the end of the world. Its not. On to the next game. We'll be above them soon enough and when we are, we'll be above them for he rest of the rest of the season. 

This one swallow has made their summer. We have something bigger to worry about. 

It's about more than one game, it's about the bigger picture.

You say it's 3 points dropped from 138. It's actually 14 points dropped from a possible 27 so far this season - less than half of the available points have been won from a set of fixtures that many said should be a relatively easy start. I'd love to share your optimism about the playoffs but even they seem a long way off to me, given this season's performances so far. 4 points from the next 2 matches will go some way to putting us back on track.

8 minutes ago, SiJ said:

This^^^^^

Yesterday sealed it for me. 

I've backed him time and time again, but I can't see how he recovers from that yesterday. 

Kind of result which destroys the relationship between the fans and the players/coaching staff. 

I fear that it's going to be a long, somewhat painful road of recovery from this. 

Agreed. Carlos doesn't deserve it, but he's likely to get some serious flack from the fans every time we drop points from now on. It just feels like he may have reached the point of no return as far as the fanbase is concerned.

2 minutes ago, snaykz said:

Agreed. Carlos doesn't deserve it, but he's likely to get some serious flack from the fans every time we drop points from now on. It just feels like he may have reached the point of no return as far as the fanbase is concerned.

Yep. 

Truth be told the players are going have to mend some serious fences too over the next few months. They are just as, if not more, complicit as the man stood in the technical area. 

At the end of the day though it is Carlos who will shoulder the responsibility (he said so himself post-match) and I can't see how he turns it around now. 

Perhaps some crazy run of 5, 6 wins in relatively quick succession salvages things, but I can't see that happening. No chance. 

4 minutes ago, snaykz said:

It's about more than one game, it's about the bigger picture.

You say it's 3 points dropped from 138. It's actually 14 points dropped from a possible 27 so far this season - less than half of the available points have been won from a set of fixtures that many said should be a relatively easy start. I'd love to share your optimism about the playoffs but even they seem a long way off to me, given this season's performances so far. 4 points from the next 2 matches will go some way to putting us back on track.

Two big games for Carlos ahead of the two week break.

If Leeds turn us over....

28 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

True but based on our performances this season and our current league position, I don't think anyone could say we are a team good enough for promotion this season. And it's not a case of it being only a few games, as of the team that started yesterday, 7 of them are from the team that failed to get promotion in Carlos' first season, and 3 of them from the second failed season. And we're playing with the exact same style and method of thinking as in the previous two seasons, so where's the promotion coming from? I think is the reason for the polls coming out after every poor performance. 

We have only had 2 polls.

Edit this being the second.

This suggests going on poll form we shouldn't sack him because he improves results after every poll.

Edited by Lees Tom Cat