Carlos Carvalhal vote - Now with an actual poll!

In or Out  

889 members have voted

1. 1. Should Carlos be fired?

• Fire Him
    • Keep Him

14 minutes ago, sheffield_dave said:

At the risk of resorting to personal insults, I think anybody who wants to keep Carlos at this point is an utter moron.

Time is well and truly up. This club is absolutely crying out for fresh impetus and fresh ideas right now.

You want him out fair enough, have less of the name calling for those that can see a bigger picture

Edited by Big Ron's Sovereign

3 minutes ago, snaykz said:

It's about more than one game, it's about the bigger picture.

You say it's 3 points dropped from 138. It's actually 14 points dropped from a possible 27 so far this season - less than half of the available points have been won from a set of fixtures that many said should be a relatively easy start. I'd love to share your optimism about the playoffs but even they seem a long way off to me, given this season's performances so far. 4 points from the next 2 matches will go some way to putting us back on track.

Agreed. Carlos doesn't deserve it, but he's likely to get some serious flack from the fans every time we drop points from now on. It just feels like he may have reached the point of no return as far as the fanbase is concerned.

Well what options do we have available to us?

1. We take my stance. History points to a place in the play offs. We know the Chairman and the Manager have an excellent working relationship. He isn't going anywhere anytime soon. So suck it up, support the staff, support the team, support the club and everything will turn our rosy in the end. 

2. You go toxic on anything and everything relating to Sheffield Wednesday. The team suffers and then ultimately the fans suffer. Its a vicious circle that being caused by the fan base. We then sack Carlos and get Mick McCarthy in (as someone ludicrously suggested yesterday) - Happy days hey.

Some of you act like you've had had it tough for the last 2 years and we're going no where. Christ. I know we've got number of fans that have tagged on since Wembley and you;re the problem. The suckers that have been here through think and thin appreciate that it isn't doom and gloom.  

Look.  Let's put aside that it was a derby match.

We just let four pathetically soft goals in and looked the inferior team for 70 minutes of the match against what is on paper one of the worst teams in the division.  A team assembled for a fraction of the cost of ours.  A team with a good bunch of their players out injured.  Is that just because Wilder is some kind of idiot savant football genius despite looking and sounding like a yokel?

We have looked tactically inept, unfit and Ill prepared more often than not this season.

We put up one of the most embarrassing playoff performances of all time against Huddersfield.  Against Hull the year before we went out with an absolute whimper.

This against the background of the highest ticket prices in the division and the promise of a squad and 'product to match.

There's been absolutely no sign of improvement or even the suggestion that Carlos knows any other way to play football.

What possible benefit would there be to NOT sacking him?  Something fundamental has to change at the club or we've absolutely no chance of even troubling the playoffs again.

24 minutes ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

Arsenal, Brighton playoffs, Newcastle home & away.... Think you're being a tad selective 

CARLOS IN 

Newcastle home and away aren't big games, they were the big dogs in the league but results against them carried no more importance than any other. Results in play off finals and and semi finals against a team like hudds carry more importance surely

I'm on the fence, wouldn't argue if he went as a change might give us some fresh impetus. Then again get it wrong and it could be disastrous especially as transfer dealings going forward look limited.

We have some good players but for me there are still holes in our squad. Is it fair to lay that at Carlos? What's his involvement in recruitment? This is where he should be earning his crust, pushing a case for what is needed in terms of investment on the playing side to the chairman. We can all see it, surely the hierarchy do too?

Until that happens he's got to start utilising his squad, he's gone from making full use of it to very little use of it. We saw what impact people like Joao can have on games yesterday, he was something different.

A win at Birmingham will ease the pain a little, follow it up with victory against Leeds and the Derby will be forgotten  

2 minutes ago, WorrallOwl17 said:

Newcastle home and away aren't big games, they were the big dogs in the league but results against them carried no more importance than any other. Results in play off finals and and semi finals against a team like hudds carry more importance surely

Yes they are (or were) big games. The issue is that Carlos is capable of results like that or even putting together a string of good results. The downside is the team invariably then produce a horror show or damp squib of a performance that completely undoes all the good work and feelgood factor. He is a coach that flatters to deceive. We have seen it enough times now to know that it is a trend not just the odd bad day.

I have now come to the conclusion that he is a non inspirational or non motivational coach that cannot conjure up the kind of teamwork or big performance when it really matters. He is looking like a nearly man that you can bet will fall at the final hurdle. We have been playing well lately and for it to be followed by that performance yesterday when the whole fanbase was crying out for a big performance was utterly unforgiveable. Yes, the players should shoulder a large part of the blame but so should Carlos.

15 minutes ago, owlinexile said:

We put up one of the most embarrassing playoff performances of all time against Huddersfield. 

But yet after the away leg, loads on here were praising his superb 'technical' planning and how we'd got the tie won.

The bloke has faults but he was very badly let down by all the back 5 yesterday. Is it his fault that Westwood sites the wall badly then stands in the wrong place ? That Lees has his worst ever game for us?

The players let him down big style yesterday and they should be the ones getting the flack.

4 hours ago, Holmowl said:

As usual, a voice of reason when others are losing our head.

Defeat, followed by seven unbeaten, followed by a (painful) defeat is not sacking form I agree. My gripe with Carlos started late 15/16, worsened last season, and the semi displays took him virtually beyond redemption for me.

You are very patient with him. How optimistic are you that he will come good?

we'll be contenders for the top 6 whether we make it who knows .......i'll be calling for his head if we are well adrift in 10 games time though but I don't envisage that happening .

2 minutes ago, Jeff King's dog said:

But yet after the away leg, loads on here were praising his superb 'technical' planning and how we'd got the tie won.

It was a flipping embarrassment of poor sportsmanship and anti-football.  Against the mighty galacticos of Huddersfield. The club should have refunded everyone who had to sit through it.  

You can find people on here to defend anything.