Man glassed in pub after being asked if he was a Wednesday fan

Years ago I was in the pub in Orchard Square in the middle of the afternoon. I had consumed a fair few pints and was with a woman i was shortly going to be hooking up with.  Anyway, she had gone to the bar and i was sat at the table minding my own business. 

This guy comes up covered in tattoos, middle aged and obviously drunk. He asks me who I support, drunkenly I think this guy is a blade just because of his general demeanour. He is also with a group of guys. I am seriously thinkkng there is going to be trouble. 

He starts talking football and asks if I am a blade. Absent mindedly i say "yeah" as I'm not really listening to him.  I'm just trying to humour this guy until my other half is back so we can leave. At this point two things happen; he says he is an Owl. I realise what i just said yes to. 

Why should it matter who you support? Why should you fear for your physical safety because of who you support?

I was chatting to this victim not train from Ipswich end last season. He nice lad and didn't deserve what happened to him. He told me all about it and was waiting for the trial. He is a Man U fan but loves to go to away matches with his mates. 

Gutted for him that the Scum basically got away with it. Paid few hundred quid to him for scars for life. Disgusting 

1 hour ago, soldierboyblue said:

Agree with the suspended sentence being a joke and the judge also but can't advocate glassing anyone.

Theres no justice in these sentences, punishment should fit he offence, not advocating glossing anyone but these scum deserve No compassion.

Boxing day 1979...I was in the Globe less than an hour after a rather nice Wednesday win.....place was packed. no trouble, just some pretty sharp banter with who were mainly Blades....I'd think twice about even walking down London Road on my own these days.

As an Owl who lived in Heeley for 14 years, frequented pretty much all the pubs around there & Woodseats never hiding I was a Wednesday fan, never even thought about hiding it, never once had a problem with anyone....kinell I know football violence was a thing back then but at least, for the most part, you could walk around your own city(fwits looking for each other excepted)

2 hours ago, soldierboyblue said:

It's not nice pal, I had a broken bottle stuffed in my neck 21 years ago and would never wish it even on the person who did it to me.

someone hit me with a broken pint glass years ago. I'd be happy for it to happen to him every day. I know something similar happened to him and he squealed like a baby.

3 hours ago, steveger said:

three men to two years in prison, suspended for two years

So basically they got away with it...:sad:

spat me horlicks  out fecking ridiculous  suspended !! this'll stop it happening again -not!  judge needs looking at for senility 

37 minutes ago, qantas said:

Boxing day 1979...I was in the Globe less than an hour after a rather nice Wednesday win.....place was packed. no trouble, just some pretty sharp banter with who were mainly Blades....I'd think twice about even walking down London Road on my own these days.

As an Owl who lived in Heeley for 14 years, frequented pretty much all the pubs around there & Woodseats never hiding I was a Wednesday fan, never even thought about hiding it, never once had a problem with anyone....kinell I know football violence was a thing back then but at least, for the most part, you could walk around your own city(fwits looking for each other excepted)

Different world away from when Pete Drabble ran it.

1 hour ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

Years ago I was in the pub in Orchard Square in the middle of the afternoon. I had consumed a fair few pints and was with a woman i was shortly going to be hooking up with.  Anyway, she had gone to the bar and i was sat at the table minding my own business. 

This guy comes up covered in tattoos, middle aged and obviously drunk. He asks me who I support, drunkenly I think this guy is a blade just because of his general demeanour. He is also with a group of guys. I am seriously thinkkng there is going to be trouble. 

He starts talking football and asks if I am a blade. Absent mindedly i say "yeah" as I'm not really listening to him.  I'm just trying to humour this guy until my other half is back so we can leave. At this point two things happen; he says he is an Owl. I realise what i just said yes to. 

Why should it matter who you support? Why should you fear for your physical safety because of who you support?

You sent your Mrs to the bar??

Good lad.

• Haha 2