Man glassed in pub after being asked if he was a Wednesday fan

Just now, bradowl said:

Searched 2 names on facebook and there's only one of each name coming up living in Sheffield and both pig fans.

They look that sort.

Yes, done the same. They don't look the type to be currently completing an MBA at Cranfield. 

Used to frequent this pub before going to the step on nights at  the leadmil many years ago. never had any agro.

Brave men hunting in packs, coked up scum bags smashing a glass into a mans face. What a joke. Should have been sent down for at least couple of years. Hope hes gunna be ok. UTO

used the toilets for a pee in Penny black (yea I know, but its on way to train station) a few yrs back and got followed in by two scrubbers one with a Shorham boot boys tatt on his chuffing head! started asking if id been to watch Wednesday today, and whose my team etc, thankfully my mates walked in after me so they f**ked off. so not surprised this has happened only that it happened In the Globe which is always full of students when ive been in.

2 minutes ago, Shrewsburyowl said:

used the toilets for a pee in Penny black (yea I know, but its on way to train station) a few yrs back and got followed in by two scrubbers one with a Shorham boot boys tatt on his chuffing head! started asking if id been to watch Wednesday today, and whose my team etc, thankfully my mates walked in after me so they f**ked off. so not surprised this has happened only that it happened In the Globe which is always full of students when ive been in.

I like to think I can handle myself in situations like this.

In later life I've come to rely on the basil Fawlty fainting tactic.

• Haha 8

38 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

So. ..

A man has had possibly life changing injuries  (I'm talking about the mental scarring that can come from such an event. Agrophobia type issues, anxiety ) and these 3 degenerate get away with it. 

Absolutley appalling state of affairs. 

I'm afraid it's a sad reflection of modern society and also our pathetic, weak criminal justice system which is overseen by do-gooders

39 minutes ago, soldierboyblue said:

It's not nice pal, I had a broken bottle stuffed in my neck 21 years ago and would never wish it even on the person who did it to me.

But hats exactly what they deserve.

An eye for an eye and all that. Suspended sentence is an absolute sham, should be judge getting suspended.

17 minutes ago, biglad75 said:

His punishment is his Mrs looking at his pics !!!

Beat me to it.

On a serious note the sentence is a reflection of the prison system, there aren't enough prisons or officers. A suspended sentence for such an offence would have been unheard of 20 years ago

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

image.jpg

A man was left with a head wound that required 35 stitches during a pub toilet attack involving the use of a pint glass, that took place after he was asked whether he was a Sheffield Wednesday fans. 

During a sentencing at Sheffield Crown Court this afternoon, the court was told how in the run-up to the incident taking place on November 14, 2015, defendants Peter Gunning, 45, his son, Michael Gunning, 23, and their friend Ryan Graham, also 23, had been drinking in The Globe pub in Howard Street.

All three of the men admitted to also taking cocaine during the course of the evening, and Peter Gunning, of Sandstone Close, Wincobank, and Ryan Graham, of Hartopp Road, Heeley were also found in possession of the Class A drug when they were arrested following the incident.

Recorder Jeremy Barnett sentenced the three men to two years in prison, suspended for two years, for their involvement in the attack.

Read more at: http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/man-glassed-in-city-centre-pub-after-being-asked-if-he-was-a-sheffield-wednesday-fan-1-8756540

Jeremy Barnett  needs locking up and barring from serving as a judge after passing down such a light sentence, Liberal tool ! 

Outrageously lenient sentence. Even if it was 2 tears they would have been out in about 8 months. To suspend it so they serve nothing is shocking. I hope they breach some term of the suspension so they get banged up. Quite likely with morons like that. 

The scum is the judge ,glassed in face could have been blinded or worse ,the only thing the judges care about is what money can be saved for not sending them down ,bet there on a commission how many they don't send to prison. I'm surprised that there ain't a huge vigilanty movement going due to these sickos getting away with it.