David Jones

Because he doesn't run around the pitch like a maniac like Hutchinson (who I rate highly), some fans just don't take to him. Sadly a lot of our fans also don't understand football and don't see how important his role in the team is at this moment in time, to them everything's black and white. Not as flashy but he's a solid 7/10 player every game at the minute and keeps it ticking over in midfield.

All about opinions.

Mine is that he frustrates me. It's like he always looks for the backwards/sideways pass, even when there are (sometimes better) options in front of him. When Tom Lees looked to bring the ball out of defence in the second half, Jones took it off him and played it back to Westwood. Not gonna slate him, like I said, he just frustrates me.

2 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

His last 11 games...

P11. W7. D4. L0. GF17. GA8

Whatever it is he gives us, we want more of the same.

Thought he was good again tonight. Very influential in that 25 minute spell where we were right on top.

Not again Jonah Hill 

• Haha 3

What other midfielder do we have in our squad capable of playing the role DJ does? SH plays the same position and is fantastic but Jones goes about his work completely differently and to great effect but because he doesn't spring 50 yard passes or bomb forward with the ball some fans ultimately see him as some sort of passenger and a meh kind of player when in reality he's much more than that

At the end of the day, the guy has 4 promotions to his name, which is more than anyone else in the squad. 

In that holding role, just screening in front of the back four, I think he does a really decent job. Intercepts the ball without lunging in and then has enough ability to pick a pass to a teammate. 

He'll never earn the love and adulation of a Hutchinson who is all blood, thunder, effort etc, but for me I think Jones is positionally better in that position. He seems to occupy the right area of the pitch, whilst Sam (who I rate a lot) has a propensity to drop too far back, almost becoming a third center back. 

• Like 1