OWLS IN THE PARK 2017

15 minutes ago, elyowl1 said:

300 mile round trip and can't get the new kits , waste of money for me. 

Ok I take it back thort you lived round the corner. :biggrin:

33 minutes ago, elyowl1 said:

Not since 1986 lol 

dragged kicking and screaming from Loxley to Nottingham and never had the chance to move home since. 

Ah I feel right guilty now.

14 minutes ago, Maxine said:

Ah I feel right guilty now.

lol 

its my mum who should feel guilty dragging me out of Sheffield.

The worst part was going to the City ground nearly as often as Hillsborough because going to the football is what you did with your mates as a teenager in the 80s.

Edited by elyowl1

25 minutes ago, elyowl1 said:

lol 

its my mum who should feel guilty dragging me out of Sheffield.

The worst part was going to the City ground nearly as often as Hillsborough because going to the football is what you did with your mates as a teenager in the 80s.

:sad:

13 minutes ago, Owls2k said:

The fact that Owls In The Park was moved by the club to September to ensure that the kits would be ready only for them not to be is the most Sheffield Wednesday thing, ever. 

Wasn't it so it was nearer to the actual anniversary?

On 01/09/2017 at 22:24, @owlstalk said:

10513261_521586944634505_1987048667959402498_n.jpg

Sheffield Wednesday tonight told fans that the new replica kits will NOT be on sale at Owls In The Park this year so how will that affect this years event?

Many people turn up on the day to get their hands on the new shirts but if they're not going to be on sale for a few weeks then will fans go along?

There's the opportunity to meet the players, watch some fireworks and have a look at someone baking a massive giant football cake (yes really) so there will still be a few things to do but how badly will the new about the shirts not being there affect things?

And surely there's going to be families rocking up who haven't heard yet that the new shirts won't be on sale - can imagine they're going to be properly gutted/angry on the day too

Toffs.thumb.jpg.d04d40381d1482793de51eb4af84e0ea.jpg

As most on here don't like it cos it doesn't have stripes it shouldn't cause a problem.

7 hours ago, JUNNY said:

Stripes are unlucky so sooner you get to grips with the new kit design the better for you.

Last season we abandoned the stripes for an almost all blue kit and then three teams with proper stripes (including two with blue and white) got promoted....  

6 hours ago, elvin parsnip said:

300 mile round trip from Nottingham? Do you take the scenic route?

Now I know from my  history knowledge that Sherwood Forest was a darn sight bigger than it is now but not that bloody big. I do a 200+ mile round trip but I haven't seen Friar Tuck laying p1553d on a bench at lolFairhaven Lake yet?

Whilst walking the dog...

Edited by OWLERTON GHOST