OWLS IN THE PARK 2017

2 minutes ago, Semedo's ferret said:

Possibly today's event has signalled the end of the road for OITP.  Definitely less people here than previous years, with a lower key atmosphere, and the impression I have was that the start of the season,on and off the pitch, was mirrored today. 

Yep. 

It's all over. 

Cancel OITP and no fireworks later. 

5 minutes ago, oli1980 said:

This 150 year thing is actually really being done The Wednesday way! Even the cake falls to bits.

It would never be any other way. lol

Nail on head. Even I can bake a fvckingg cake. WTF does Joe Palmer do all day?

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Semedo's ferret said:

Possibly today's event has signalled the end of the road for OITP.  Definitely less people here than previous years, with a lower key atmosphere, and the impression I have was that the start of the season,on and off the pitch, was mirrored today. 

Well, I am totally cheesed off with the complete disorganisation of the Club at the moment. This should have been a day starting off with a marquee friendly at 12:30pm followed by OITP next door. Top local bands playing. Selling our new kits signed by the players etc. It should have been a day of celebrating our 150 years. Huge opportunity missed!

However, whilst our disorganisation, today's OITP was low key due to the Weather been poor - it was pretty cold and windy. I hope OiTP continues moving forward as this is one thing the Club have got right over recent years. This annual event differentiates us from other Clubs and it's an opportunity for families to have a good day and also a chance to meet the players. It must continue!

On a sidenote, went into the Club shop afterwards - what an embarrassment! Selling last years shirts at £55 a pop. Seriously?! Generally, poor quality old stock. Can someone from the Steering Group mention this at the next meeting? Commercially, we are so poor, in fact backwards!

Edited by Bouncing Owl
  • Like 1