OWLS IN THE PARK 2017

I think the Owls in the Park annual event is one of the better things the club have done over the last few years, but it's just that, an annual event. We should have done more for the 150 anniversary. With our links to the local music bands, why didn't we have a festival. I'd like to think someone from the club approached Jarvis, Hawley, Turner and McClure to discuss the possibilities at least.

1 hour ago, james o connor said:

Whilst it's certainly not my thing, I don't see how not being able to be fleeced for two truly awful peices of tat would affect your decision to go? 

It's generally seen as two things:

1) The launch and buy the new kit
2) Meet the players and chairman etc

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, james o connor said:

Whilst it's certainly not my thing, I don't see how not being able to be fleeced for two truly awful peices of tat would affect your decision to go? 

Is there anything, at all, about Sheffield Wednesday that you have actually ever liked or been happy with? 

genuine question 

4 minutes ago, ItsJody said:

Is there anything, at all, about Sheffield Wednesday that you have actually ever liked or been happy with? 

genuine question 

Yep .... currently . Westwood, bannan (surprisingly ) and hooper. last seasons kits were fine . Urm season ticket prices aren't that bad.  that's it I think as most things are being done badly right now. 

Historically urm players I liked , waddle, Hirst, pressman, Walker, carbone ... there are others but you get the drift. 

Managers . I liked Brian laws , think he did a good job despite the dreadful financial situation.  There are others who did a good job too.

i like hills borough, its unique and steeped in history , although unfortunately I no longer feel it's fit for purpose in 2017. The pubs around the ground are pretty good for a pre match pint. 

I like blue and white as our colours , and I find the way we wind pigs fans up funny . I used to like how we charged fair prices but obviously that's no longer the case. 

There  may be others but I'll leave it at that for now ! Okay? 

4 minutes ago, james o connor said:

Yep .... currently . Westwood, bannan (surprisingly ) and hooper. last seasons kits were fine . Urm season ticket prices aren't that bad.  that's it I think as most things are being done badly right now. 

Historically urm players I liked , waddle, Hirst, pressman, Walker, carbone ... there are others but you get the drift. 

Managers . I liked Brian laws and Megson , think they did a good job despite the dreadful financial situation.  There are others who did a good job too.

i like hills borough, its unique and steeped in history , although unfortunately I no longer feel it's fit for purpose in 2017. The pubs around the ground are pretty good for a pre match pint. 

I like blue and white as our colours , and I find the way we wind pigs fans up funny . I used to like how we charged fair prices but obviously that's no longer the case. 

Fixed it for you.

8 minutes ago, james o connor said:

Managers . I liked Brian laws , think he did a good job despite the dreadful financial situation.  There are others who did a good job too.

You forgot Darren Potter - you two bossed it in the 09/10 season. Always remember your diving header against Peterborough in August 2009 when you ghosted into the box late!

Guest mrbluesky
12 hours ago, WatfordOwl said:

Depends if this cake is there to be eaten or not.

The lack of detail surrounding the cake is a bit off putting and I was looking forward to meeting McGugan.

Bloody hell you want want yer cake and eat it!!!:angry:

12 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

Be better popping up to Greno woods for a spot of Dogging mate :stuwinky:

I usualy walk my dog in Greno woods too it's quite pleasant.  :biggrin:

15 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

You forgot Darren Potter - you two bossed it in the 09/10 season. Always remember your diving header against Peterborough in August 2009 when you ghosted into the box late!

Darren Potter was shocking as was j.o.c but  in his defence , during times of languishing at the bottom of league 1 , j.o.c at least provided comical moments. His attempted overhead kick again Notts county being a personal favourite . 

Taking my 3 year old to the training sesh. will be his first time Inside Hillsborough.

Don't like the new kits and don't like the new/old badge but not gonna moan about them im just not gonna buy them and get on with supporting the club

would i rather be on a sunday sesh? aye probably, but owls in the park is what it is... Its all about the young'uns

14 minutes ago, james o connor said:

Darren Potter was shocking as was j.o.c but  in his defence , during times of languishing at the bottom of league 1 , j.o.c at least provided comical moments. His attempted overhead kick again Notts county being a personal favourite . 

Ye, agreed. I was just being mischievous. Potter did my head in - he had some talent but was a coward of a footballer.