OWLS IN THE PARK 2017

8 hours ago, elvin parsnip said:

300 mile round trip from Nottingham? Do you take the scenic route?

I live in Ely , I moved to Nottingham from Sheffield In 1986 that's over 30 years ago , I've not lived their since 1991 when I left for Uni. 

22 hours ago, JUNNY said:

Stripes are unlucky so sooner you get to grips with the new kit design the better for you.

14 hours ago, alanharper said:

Last season we abandoned the stripes for an almost all blue kit and then three teams with proper stripes (including two with blue and white) got promoted....  

As far as I'm aware, nobody at the club has ever suggested that stripes are unlucky. The chairman said that he didn't particularly like them.

I don't particularly like beetroot, but I don't think beetroot is unlucky.

6 hours ago, addedtime said:

I'm not bothering this year. It's all gone a bit sour for me. Plus, there's only so much you can do to spice it up.

Know what you mean.

Wouldn't say it's gone 'sour' but I feel apathetic at best.

Back from holiday so Saturday will be my first game of the season. Would usually be excited at this point, even at our worst..the 'first game' was something to really look forward to. 

Feelings of 'anything could happen'.

As it is. I'm pretty sure I can second guess how we're going to play on Saturday.

Today's the first OITP I've missed. As it's our 150th anniversary all the stops should have been brought out for this. Like it was promised.

That said. If things on the pitch were slightly better I'd not give a hoot about off the pitch faff like this. But because on the pitch isn't that exciting..everything gets highlighted. 

On ‎02‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 09:06, james o connor said:

Whilst it's certainly not my thing, I don't see how not being able to be fleeced for two truly awful peices of tat would affect your decision to go? 

Is your nickname chuckles by any chance.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Apparently big numbers have turned out. 

It's a miserable old day, so credit to those who have bothered to go to this. 

I've been watched training game which I quite enjoyed,seeing kieren Lee playing and looked class out there .but as for park itself very poor a lot said not as good as other years , don't help with it been a bit nippy and no shirts to buy. There also charging kids in park to have a game of football which was free other years.