OWLS IN THE PARK 2017

3 hours ago, SiJ said:

So people sat in a room to look at a cake? 

Look, it was wet and cold outside. I'd spent a feckin fortune and the kids were peckish. Not only did we get get to see a world record but we were warm, dry and by the time we left, full.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, BRADDO said:

Look, it was wet and cold outside. I'd spent a feckin fortune and the kids were peckish. Not only did we get get to see a world record but we were warm, dry and by the time we left, full.

Touche. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Kopparberg said:

Just got back. 

More people there than I thought there would be. 

Quite enjoyed it (mainly due to seeing other Wednesdayites enjoying themselves) and Hillsborough park is a good park to walk round anyway.  

It is what it is - the kids enjoy it as much as any other fair, but with added SWFC players. The adults bump into other people they know and have a chat. It's still a great thing for future generations of Owls to have. 

Looked like lengthy queues to meet the players, who were all sat down behind a long table. They were signing autographs in a 'sign it and pass it on style'... so everyone probably has exactly the same piece of paper - but it's all good. Not sure if Butterfield was there(?), seeing Kieran Lee is somehow inspiring and Carlos looked dapper (no one was shouting "Carlos out!" in his face - they couldn't get enough of him). 

Ozzie Owl was there for photos and high 5's (Ozzie Owl does not have the new kit). 

Didn't hear any moans about the kit, just people saying they were going to buy it when it arrived. 

Finally, the quality of milf there was fantastic. As a fanbase we are really winning in that area. 

Well said, a true family event. I mean what do united do? Pigs in the Scraggy Carpark?

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, crookesowl said:

I live round the corner and to be honest cannot be bothered. Cold, damp. Everything costs money.

I'll look at the fireworks display out of the back garden. 

And people say Sheffielders are dour.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 02/09/2017 at 19:02, SiJ said:

Went last year...thought it was pretty grim tbh. 

Like a carnival on crack. 

After attending a few carnivals on crack and also attended a few owls in the park , their is a a vast difference 

namely i spent £150 on crack and sundries and only £60 at owls in the park, and the level of excitement was owls in the park won

but i fear this years owls in the park had the hall marks to be the same as doing a bag of smack whilst watching Schindler's list 

I hope I'm wrong but the feel good factor seems to have been eroded with high prices poor performances and little clarity from the club.

Hope something will change for the good soon

6 hours ago, elvin parsnip said:

Sorry mate thought you still lived in Nottingham because of the above post - wasn't trying to be clever

lol its fine , half the time I don't know where I live , in footballing terms most supporters are Steven Gerard's one city people , I'm a Dean Windass I've been all over the damn place due to work.