Wickham vs Rhodes a way round FFP

If he's not turning up unfit and still injured it's a yes from me. Been saying a while now why keep signing players on long term deals whom if /when we get back to the Premier quite a few would need upgrading. Better to see if you can get 3/4 really good loan signings in that kick us on and if it doesn't work they go back and were not stuck with them, if it does work and we go up your not trying get rid of good solid championship players to replace with Premier class. 

Edited by shezzas left peg

Guest RocketOwl
2 hours ago, ANDY said:

i'm not casting my opinion until @RocketOwl has given his verdict

He's Rhodes biggest fan, he would be gutted if he left

Wickham is everything Rhodes isn't imo. Fast, strong, skillfull and strong mentally.

4 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

If we are really that close to FFP would we spend a reported 4 million (according to the star) on Joost when we could have signed Dean for almost half of that?

What are you talking about???

Dean is nowhere near the standard of Joost, he will be worth a hell of a lot of money this time next year.

Note: I am making a very uneducated guess as I hadn't heard of Soost or Fean until today.

lol

Edited by Spookone

1 minute ago, Spookone said:

What are you talking about???

Dean is nowhere near the standard of Joost, he will be worth a hell of a lot of money this time next year.

Note: I am making a very uneducated guess as I hadn't heard of Soost or Fean until today.

lol

Ha ha :-) I'm not talking about the quality of the 2 players, all I am saying is that if we where that close to FFP as we have thought for most of the summer I doubt we would be able to spend 4 million on a CB. 

3 hours ago, Frazzlebeak said:

Would that make a black hole? :ghoulguy:

This is more likely:-

A singularity means a point where some property is infinite. For example, at the centre of a black hole, according to classical theory, the density is infinite (because a finite mass is compressed to a zero volume). Hence it is a singularity.

8 hours ago, Herefordowl79 said:

how would everyone feel if in the next 30 hours we did actually sell Jordan Rhodes and signed (albeit not sure on his injury) Conor Wickham

on a season long loan? 

Palace look set to sign another striker today so potentially Wickham has moved down the pecking order, so would surely be worth a punt on a season

long loan?? would be an ideal way round FFP for this season and could even free up money to strengthen other parts of the team??

ok this might be pie in the sky BUT it stacks up 

Typical feckin Owlstalk huh ??? CC ,n, DC spend the whole feckin transfer window building a plausible excuse for not splashing cash around like a pair of drunks at a wedding so that we don't get our pants pulled down when we finally sign some bugger and you blow it all to bits with one post. lol DOH !!!!!!

2 hours ago, cognacbarnowl said:

Typical feckin Owlstalk huh ??? CC ,n, DC spend the whole feckin transfer window building a plausible excuse for not splashing cash around like a pair of drunks at a wedding so that we don't get our pants pulled down when we finally sign some bugger and you blow it all to bits with one post. lol DOH !!!!!!

Yes, I don't think we'ere close either. In fact, it was said when we signed Rhodes that we weren't. It is a smokescreen, as you say. It might be an excuse for selling unhappy players too.

If we got Wickham for season on loan and managed to get within 1m of what we spent on JR in selling him then this would be a result. 

Get big Adthe out on loan means we've got Hooper, Winnall, Joao, Fletcher and Hirst until Wickham is fit. I'd feel a lot more excited with Hirst on bench waiting to come on than Rhodes tbh

1 hour ago, DuttyTeabags said:

If we got Wickham for season on loan and managed to get within 1m of what we spent on JR in selling him then this would be a result. 

Get big Adthe out on loan means we've got Hooper, Winnall, Joao, Fletcher and Hirst until Wickham is fit. I'd feel a lot more excited with Hirst on bench waiting to come on than Rhodes tbh

Mind blowing