Wickham vs Rhodes a way round FFP

how would everyone feel if in the next 30 hours we did actually sell Jordan Rhodes and signed (albeit not sure on his injury) Conor Wickham

on a season long loan? 

Palace look set to sign another striker today so potentially Wickham has moved down the pecking order, so would surely be worth a punt on a season

long loan?? would be an ideal way round FFP for this season and could even free up money to strengthen other parts of the team??

ok this might be pie in the sky BUT it stacks up 

Although he's never been prolific except a brief loan spell with us, wickham is a much more rounded player than Rhodes, probably why he's played much more PL football, I don't want to lose Rhodes but given the choice between the two I'd take wickham

I'm not ITk or claim to know anything about FFP but it seems aparant we are close to it so surely we have to start thinking outside of the box?? If we can't spend big this season then let's sell big(ish) and loan wickham for the season and strengthen other areas of the pitch? 

Just now, Herefordowl79 said:

I'm not ITk or claim to know anything about FFP but it seems aparant we are close to it so surely we have to start thinking outside of the box?? If we can't spend big this season then let's sell big(ish) and loan wickham for the season and strengthen other areas of the pitch? 

If we are really that close to FFP would we spend a reported 4 million (according to the star) on Joost when we could have signed Dean for almost half of that?

1 minute ago, WalthamOwl said:

If we are really that close to FFP would we spend a reported 4 million (according to the star) on Joost when we could have signed Dean for almost half of that?

I believe it all centres around the terms of the deals pal. Brentford wanted paying in full this season therefore impacting entirely on this seasons FFP? heerenveen are a cash rich club I'm lead to believe so potentially the terms of payment may suit us this season 

7 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

I reckon we should see what this Joost lad is like before we debate the merits of his signing.

6 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

I wasnt debating the merits of his signing. I was talking about FFP.

Yeah I get that, but the value of the signing and whether it was worth doing as opposed to a lower value deal surely depends on how good the players we're getting is doesn't it?

6 minutes ago, Sultan_Pepper said:

Yeah I get that, but the value of the signing and whether it was worth doing as opposed to a lower value deal surely depends on how good the players we're getting is doesn't it?

I was saying if we are that close to FFP would we really be able to spend a reported 4 million on a player. Perhaps we arent as close as is being made out.