Sorry but carlos needs to go now!!!!

Here we go again jeez a cup exit shocker that's never happened before we never knocked arsenal out of the cup did we I suppose they are a shlt team this why we won GET A GRIP 

We might be starting a little slow in games but we can certainly iron that out we are getting better IMO sounds like we did okay last night despite the result!

I'm confident of a good result on Saturday I'm not going to panic like a lot of you on here!

Most teams take a while to get into stride just look at the league table you wouldn't have predicted this! 

Stop shltting your pants and trying to find any piece of negativity that you can to use against Carlos and start backing him as he's here for a good while 

Roll on Burton WAWAW 

3 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

It was a cup game.

We made 7 changes. 

We lost 3-2 but could just as easily have won 5-3.

Westwood,  Boyd,  Hooper and Fletcher back in on Saturday. 

Rhodes with some confidence from bagging a couple. 

s-l1000.jpg

Coulda woulda shouda

didn't

Edited by kingsidney

6 hours ago, SiJ said:

It's not even knee jerk nowadays...

I mean people have clearly made their mind up and some made their mind up last season. 

We get a win and it puts a bit of a lid on the festering rage momentarily. 

One defeat or a dodgy result and it all comes out again. 

I have consistently said I lost complete faith in him after the shambolic showing in the play offs, that was the time to get shut IMHO. This does not make me a pig, sleeper cell, mardy or any other of the tripe that gets pushed your way for having a different opinion and it certainly makes me no less of a fan. We all have our views and more people are starting to agree that CC isn't the man to take us forward.

A lot of football 'experts' and drama queens on this thread. 

It's not the start we all wanted but it's not a  disaster either. Every team has a bad run if 5 points in 4 games is ours we will be in contention at the end of the season. 

7 hours ago, Wakefield owl said:

Exactly but why is it always the coaches fault when players underperform. Noticeable that we improved when the fringe players came on - perhaps they try harder than the others and that is not due to the coach imo but down to player attitude.

Its the coaches responsibility to assemble a squad that has the right attitude. If players don't have the right attitude then he should get rid. 

If if this was an isolated incident it could. be overlooked but it's happening most weeks. 

Weve been treading water with Carlos for the last 6-12 months and he continues to drain our resources with a bloated squad, hefty wage bill and excessive transfer fees for players that rarely feature in the starting 11.

52 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

I have consistently said I lost complete faith in him after the shambolic showing in the play offs, that was the time to get shut IMHO. This does not make me a pig, sleeper cell, mardy or any other of the tripe that gets pushed your way for having a different opinion and it certainly makes me no less of a fan. We all have our views and more people are starting to agree that CC isn't the man to take us forward.

100% this. Also on a separated note. I'm more annoyed with a league cup exit than usual due to the fact we won't be in the play offs so what else is there to get excited about this season ? 

8 hours ago, mr moody said:

Neg away everyone, but its getting embarrasing now.

Never got started against preston!

A goal down against chesterfield before we got started. Goals from Hooper and fletcher, yet fletcher doesnt start following game.

QPR, again didnt really start till 2nd half. Fletcher on the bench having scored in the previous game. Goal for winnall.

Sunderland, again didnt start really till 2nd half. wonder goal and probs the only time jones will score a goal like that.

fulham, again more of a second half performance, and fletch gets another.

Bolton, didnt start till last 15 mins. Fletcher ( top scorer at kick off) not even in squad. Rhodes gets a brace (only positive). Nailed on Rhodes will be dropped for next game.

How can the players and team build consistancy and get better if they are constantly rotated and dont get chance to build a run??

At the moment defenders are more or less nailed on to play due to injury, bannan has been stand out to guarantee a start.

However nobody gets a run to stake a claim for their starting place. no one is competing for places cos its rotated too much.

We need a settled side.

spot on

It's defending , and by that I mean in midfield too which most teams can cut through with ease.

We need a central beast for ballast, and a quality stopper  behind him.

Concede first goal most games, so adding constant pressure to forwards line.

No Bridcutt, no bread?

6 hours ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Partly agree and disagree. With this squad and his tactics we could get top 6. With another manager we could get top 2

Only way another manager could get top 2 is if he was given 20 million which won't happen due to Carlos wasting vast sums .I'm going for mid table ,I can also see quite a few players not giving 100% once we realise that season is going nowhere .a couple of bad results and around 90% of support will vent there frustrations out at games.

7 hours ago, trevdi9 said:

the only way we ever start is slowly and either go 1 down  before we try and turn it on, true to form we are looking like a second half team again , will this work for us this year i really do not know but we have to get after teams from the off to give us a remote chance of being up there when it matters , Carlos sadly has gone from an exciting manager , to a very cautious one , i feel another season of safety first beckons , I hope i am wrong but things on the pitch point that way

I suspect Carlos will want a water-tight start on Saturday after last night.

Nil-nil or one-nil either way.

49 minutes ago, Geedee said:

A lot of football 'experts' and drama queens on this thread. 

It's not the start we all wanted but it's not a  disaster either. Every team has a bad run if 5 points in 4 games is ours we will be in contention at the end of the season. 

Our current form against Championship sides is one win in seven though. 

1 hour ago, Blue and white said:

Great post.

6 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

Don't you think Hooper and Fletcher showed some serious physical presence in recent games?

You betcha.

Terrific front two. Hooper is a beast. Look what he did to Huddersfield and Newcastle CBs last season. And over a season will bag plenty.

Fletcher is strong as an ox with as much skill and control as many Prem strikers.

Play these two in 28-30 matches and we will come very close.

19 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Our current form against Championship sides is one win in seven though. 

And its 1 win in 8 games against championship teams including the cup.

2 wins in 9 games if you include chesterfield 

Carlos has had two seasons plus a summer, we haven't been promoted yet, we have lost early in 4 out of 5 cup competitions, and our current form is 2 wins in the last 9 matches.  Plus our planned style of football at kick off times is "pragmatic" at best. 

Considering the money that the club and supporters are paying I'm not sure that's a good return for the money spent. 

But apparently it's better than spending less money and finishing midtable under Manderic and Gray so we aren't allowed to complain

:duntmatter:

Edited by Southie_Owl

9 hours ago, SiJ said:

Are we though? 

Perhaps you might be right, but we actually have more points in the league at this stage than we did last season. 

We also had Carlos out thread after Carlos out thread last season and we finished 4th. 

Needless to say the chairman isnt sacking him tonight because of a cup exit. 

much harder start though last season