Sorry but carlos needs to go now!!!!

3 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

And its 1 win in 8 games against championship teams including the cup.

2 wins in 9 games if you include chesterfield 

Carlos has had two seasons plus a summer, we haven't been promoted yet, we have lost early in 4 out of 5 cup competitions, and our current form is 2 wins in the last 9 matches.  Plus our planned style of football at kick off times is "pragmatic" at best. 

Considering the money that the club and supporters are paying I'm not sure that's a good return for the money spent. 

But apparently it's better than spending less money and finishing midtable under Manderic and Gray so we aren't allowed to complain

:duntmatter:

I agree mostly. But I would never include the 1-2 Fulham match in any consideration. A Dont-get-injured reserve match.

29 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

I agree mostly. But I would never include the 1-2 Fulham match in any consideration. A Dont-get-injured reserve match.

Yes but it's still a defeat in the last 9 games

On a seperate note I guess it's also been mentioned how our team last night wasn't "weakened" as it actually had all our big money signings made by Chansiri.

Rhodes, Winnall, Reach, Abdi, Forestieri, Matias, Joao, and Pudil.  I think that talent cost over £30m yet as a squad it was 3-0 down to a poor Bolton side.  Again, something you'd think would concern Chansiri amongst the other things I mentioned above.

Edited by Southie_Owl

Looking a the "upvote" and "down vote" on these type of OP's...it's becoming evident that "down voters" are becoming less and less with each game!!

The man is a clown...We have one of the strongest squads in the league and he ruining and wasting it at the same time!! 

Edited by Wednesday_Jack

Guest Copthorneowl
47 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

And its 1 win in 8 games against championship teams including the cup.

2 wins in 9 games if you include chesterfield 

Carlos has had two seasons plus a summer, we haven't been promoted yet, we have lost early in 4 out of 5 cup competitions, and our current form is 2 wins in the last 9 matches.  Plus our planned style of football at kick off times is "pragmatic" at best. 

Considering the money that the club and supporters are paying I'm not sure that's a good return for the money spent. 

But apparently it's better than spending less money and finishing midtable under Manderic and Gray so we aren't allowed to complain

:duntmatter:

Nothing like selective stats to back up your argument.

Lets quote something equating to a fair balanced argument.

Weve played 4 league games this term and won one; in the last seven games of 2016/17 we won 6 and our reserves lost to Fulham so I think you'll find that's 7 wins 2 draws and a 2 defeats, one with the reserves we didn't care about, If you want to add in cup games 1 win 1 loss.

I fully recognise many cant wait to see the back of not only our most successful manager for a long time but also the most consistent in the Champ over two years given that we made the play of twice don't think other big spenders like Derby, Leeds and any others did. Please don't tell me how much moneys he's had others like Derby, Villa Wolves plus more have as well.

Like you I can see Carlos time is now coming to an end but the negativity towards him is borderline hysterical and very unfair some posters who I think are well worth a read seem to have lost their perception, be careful what you wish for.

Last night we picked a great team that missed a hatful of goal chances ..... The managers fault ....get real 5 of our 7 strikers played as well and the only two that didn't were rested for Saturday... We assume.

1 hour ago, Southie_Owl said:

Yes but it's still a defeat in the last 9 games

On a seperate note I guess it's also been mentioned how our team last night wasn't "weakened" as it actually had all our big money signings made by Chansiri.

Rhodes, Winnall, Reach, Abdi, Forestieri, Matias, Joao, and Pudil.  I think that talent cost over £30m yet as a squad it was 3-0 down to a poor Bolton side.  Again, something you'd think would concern Chansiri amongst the other things I mentioned above.

Well short of 30m I think but still it's a very interesting point.

He's started  to embarrass the club by getting involved in things he shouldn't be getting involved in. Getting sent off in a league cup match is embarrassing. Scuffling with stewards in the stand is embarrassing. Fans are talking about getting rid of players. Get rid of the manager and see how the players react. We will end up with a "who'd a thought it" situation.

Edited by Frazzlebeak

4 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Well short of 30m I think but still it's a very interesting point.

Well short? 

Rhodes £10m

Reach £5m (£7m) 

Abdi £3m

Forestieri £3m

Pudil £3m 

Winnall £500k

theres about £25m just from last nights selection. 

4 minutes ago, owlmanc said:

Well short? 

Rhodes £10m

Reach £5m (£7m) 

Abdi £3m

Forestieri £3m

Pudil £3m 

Winnall £500k

theres about £25m just from last nights selection. 

Dont think Rhodes or Reach cost that much (and Reach certainly didn't cost £7m). Knock £5m off and yeah, well short, but it doesn't really matter.

1 minute ago, Sonny said:

Dont think Rhodes or Reach cost that much (and Reach certainly didn't cost £7m). Knock £5m off and yeah, well short, but it doesn't really matter.

Reach was £5m (rising to £7m with add ons) I thought it was well documented that rhodes cost that. You call also add matias to that list who came on and he cost £2.8m approx. 

5 minutes ago, Muffinman said:

At least they are happy when we lose, proves their 'judgement' right and gives them a stick to beat the club with. Great fans, 

If that makes it easier for you to compute that people have different opinions to you.

Our biggest problem right now is not Carlos, it's injuries and fitness. We're one Jones and Westwood injury away from playing Wallace in CM and Wildsmith at GK let that sink in. Abdi is our fifth choice CM and he looks not only unfit but like he's never played football before... Is that Carlos's fault or Abdi's fault after a year off basically? I'm not exactly a Carlos defender but any manager would struggle yesterday despite our striking options because we had no spine last night to work with, which piled on pressure and made our system unworkable. I'm by no means a Carlos defender but his tactics worked last night in so much as we created plenty of chances despite our lack of midfield defensive cover and linkup and Carlos is clearly up for the fight.

I'm glad we're out of the League Cup because it's a distraction we can do without not having enough of the squad available to cope with it atm. 3 points on Saturday and nobody cares.

Edited by TrueOwl

2 minutes ago, TrueOwl said:

Our biggest problem right now is not Carlos, it's injuries and fitness. We're one Jones and Westwood injury away from playing Wallace in CM and Wildsmith at GK let that sink in. Abdi is our fifth choice CM and he looks not only unfit but like he's never played football before... Is that Carlos's fault or Abdi's fault after a year off basically? I'm not exactly a Carlos defender but any manager would struggle yesterday despite our striking options because we had no spine last night to work with, which piled on pressure and made our system unworkable. I'm by no means a Carlos defender but his tactics worked last night in so much as we created plenty of chances despite our lack of midfield defensive cover and linkup and Carlos is clearly up for the fight. I'm glad we're out of the League Cup because it's a distraction we can do without not having enough of the squad available to cope with it atm.

We have a huge squad - these excuses were valid under Gray but don't wash under the current regime.

Scattergun recruitment and duplication in areas we don't need habe largely caused the issues we now face.

The squad needs pruning and the areas that need cover addressing - neither has happened this pre season.

Its a mess.