Sorry but carlos needs to go now!!!!

5 minutes ago, Wakefield owl said:

I'm not saying HTFC don't have a good manager and some good players but an own goal and two penalty shoot outs (and a negative goal difference) demonstrate a good degree of fortune in my book. Compared with our catalogue of injuries that was bad luck for us.

Only two games into season and benign fixtures for them. However of the three promoted sides I think they have the best chance of staying up.

It's interested though isn't it. When we beat Brighton 2-0 at Hillsborough the previous season we just deserved to win. Nobody ever talks about the luck we received that night where 4 of Brightons players all had to go off injured forcing them to play with 10 men for a third of the match.

Edited by poite

13 minutes ago, poite said:

It's interested though isn't it. When we beat Brighton 2-0 at Hillsborough the previous season we just deserved to win. Nobody ever talks about the luck we received that night where 4 of Brightons players all had to go off injured forcing them to play with 10 men for a third of the match.

I don't think we talk about it, but i think we all know it.

2 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

I don't think we talk about it, but i think we all know it.

Fair few in denial.

Don't get me wrong. We were excellent that night and it's not our fault that Brighton had that bad luck. We took advantage just like any team would. We then went to their place and survived the football equivalent of the Alamo and won over 2legs. We deserved our place in the final. But acknowledging that we received some good fortune during that first game, nothing wrong with doing that. Some seem unable to do so 

4 minutes ago, poite said:

Fair few in denial.

Don't get me wrong. We were excellent that night and it's not our fault that Brighton had that bad luck. We took advantage just like any team would. We then went to their place and survived the football equivalent of the Alamo and won over 2legs. We deserved our place in the final. But acknowledging that we received some good fortune during that first game, nothing wrong with doing that. Some seem unable to do so 

I work on the principle that the luck we had against Brighton was the Gods of football evening up some of the worst refereeing decision over that year and the year before that i can ever remember in living memory.

I also work on the principle that because of CCs much maligned 'rotation' policy, our players were fresher and less likely to sustain injuries due to being 'overplayed'.

Wasn't luck at all, it was just another bit of genius from CC.     :manager:

But in general, joking apart, there is nothing wrong with admitting we had a slice of good fortune.

• Haha 1