Sorry but carlos needs to go now!!!!

55 minutes ago, Ballmeist said:

Look at our starting 11 tonight,

then look at Boltons ...

then consider we were 3-0 down.

the sooner we get rid the better. Only positive from tonight is that Rhodes scored a couple. 

Exactly but why is it always the coaches fault when players underperform. Noticeable that we improved when the fringe players came on - perhaps they try harder than the others and that is not due to the coach imo but down to player attitude.

1 minute ago, ZIMMY said:

The Chairman has let his Heart rule his Head just like most of the fans,as the writing was on the wall last season, but the Chairman and the majority of the fan base are, "Gluttons for Punishment' it will probably take an embarrassing result against our Neighbours to do the trick,we will see. PS Bannan will be the next player he Burns Out.

I mean. Wtf is this tripe? Where do you even begin?... mind blowing. I genuinely don't have the energy 

Last season flattered to deceive and in any event is history. Recruitment over the summer, pre season, start to the season has all been a shambles following on from the failure of last year.

However optimistic, we will never get promoted while I have a hole in my arse  (which I'm sure some on here may say I talk out of) with CC in charge.

Expect us to be mid table, even flirt with the top 6,  but if anyone seriously thinks we are seeing the best of our squad or that we play good football, they are deluded.

A few results may paper over the cracks, and its not a case of point scoring, vilifiing CC or attention seeking but in my opinion we are wasting the season. I cant bring myself to be blindly optimistic despite obvious defects in our squad balance, tactics, discipline and motivation.

4 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

nah you'd be shiiite at that as well... lol 

Your right there i was more of a break dancer only think id break now is my back trying it, but my brother-in-law Kevin would wipe the floor with you he can spin like a good un. ha ha 

3 minutes ago, striker said:

Last season flattered to deceive and in any event is history. Recruitment over the summer, pre season, start to the season has all been a shambles following on from the failure of last year.

However optimistic, we will never get promoted while I have a hole in my arse  (which I'm sure some on here may say I talk out of) with CC in charge.

Expect us to be mid table, even flirt with the top 6,  but if anyone seriously thinks we are seeing the best of our squad or that we play good football, they are deluded.

A few results may paper over the cracks, and its not a case of point scoring, vilifiing CC or attention seeking but in my opinion we are wasting the season. I cant bring myself to be blindly optimistic despite obvious defects in our squad balance, tactics, discipline and motivation.

You're deluded if you think our squad is good enough for automatic promotion. With CC we may make top 6 again and perhaps have some luck in the play offs. Without CC this squad will not make the top 6. I think it's pretty clear to all of us by now that CC is not responsible for our transfers and so he has to work with what we have.

3 minutes ago, s110wl said:

We

In what way?!? Jeeeez.

We're 5 games into the season; yes some performances haven't been good

enough so far but how many times do we have to go around this merry go round? People wanted him sacked in march cos he wouldn't get us in the playoffs...

our job job is to support, cheer, and cajole our team onwards and upwards. Not continuously snipe, undermine and insult our players and manager. 

You think Carlos has got an easy job? He's completely transformed us on the pitch over the last two years; made us a force to be reckoned with again in an unbelievably tough league.

its been like this since before a ball was kicked this season and will go on from some until he has been hounded out. 

Makes me ashamed to be an owl.

5 games into the season and performances havent been good? all iv done there is quoted you and youv answered your own origional question. Cheers pal :)

Yes our job is to support and cheer but we also put our hard earned money into our club. Yes we dont own the owls or influence decisions but we have a right to our opinion. If this wasnt the case then owls talk and the steering group would be none existent!!

If you take your blinkers off and read my op, you will see that i have not sniped, undermined or insulted our players or our manager in anything iv written. Iv held a season ticket for 30 years and supported us through the good times and the bad. So i will voice my opinion considering the ammount of money i have contributed to our club if its ok with you.

I agree, carlos doesnt have an easy job. But he has a very well payed job. I dont have an easy job but it is well payed, and if i dont do my job right i get the push. we were missing that little bit extra last season and in my opinion we are still missing it now. i dont think carlos and his style of football will give us that bit extra so im afraid id like him to go. he has done a good job but we need new ideas and a more positive approach on the pitch to take us up.

2 minutes ago, A12owl said:

Surely it shouldn't be difficult to get our huge squad working  . Too many top players and too much team changes is the problem imo.  

For what it's worth I think we overrate our squad and it doesn't help that our best player has been injured since January.

the only way we ever start is slowly and either go 1 down  before we try and turn it on, true to form we are looking like a second half team again , will this work for us this year i really do not know but we have to get after teams from the off to give us a remote chance of being up there when it matters , Carlos sadly has gone from an exciting manager , to a very cautious one , i feel another season of safety first beckons , I hope i am wrong but things on the pitch point that way

We were pathetic tonight.... players didn't play but the style and tactics were so poor from CC. Left things too late again.

saturday will see what kind of manager he is. If he has got half a chance of making it here he will look at tonight an sat right, we were shocking for 78 mins then we brought on Nuhiu and Matias who changed the game. All of a sudden people cared and Rhodes had something to work with. We're away at Burton on a small tight pitch we need this kind of reactIon. 

So starting on saturaday should be Matias on the wing and Rhodes and Nuhiu up top. Will it happen ??????

14 minutes ago, Wakefield owl said:

You're deluded if you think our squad is good enough for automatic promotion. With CC we may make top 6 again and perhaps have some luck in the play offs. Without CC this squad will not make the top 6. I think it's pretty clear to all of us by now that CC is not responsible for our transfers and so he has to work with what we have.

Partly agree and disagree. With this squad and his tactics we could get top 6. With another manager we could get top 2

43 minutes ago, Wakefield owl said:

I acknowledged squad is unbalanced, of course not expecting top 2, but we are under performing.

He is not getting the best from the players we have, for that he is responsible.

Wasn't going to comment on this but then why not, I wanted Carlos gone along time now and not going to defend him or approve of him, I'll don't really care for cup games as the league more important to me, il give him till Saturday then if we lose he has to go, 3 points is vital now and there really no way we can fall too far behind and thrust Carlos to get us out of it, the way he has us playing, as for winnall missing a few chances, why wouldn't he because everytime he scores Carlos drops him 

Edited by offalyowl

He's got no plan A.

We play too narrow, with no pace, players are too scared to go create anything, we have no physical presence up front or in central midfield.

it takes us going behind every single time before we let them off the lead. 

Clearly his plan A isn't working! Every single game bar Fulham we have conceded first. There was £20m + in that line up and he hadn't a clue how to utilise it. 

Guest Wacker62

Its got to the stage now where whatever he does he will be slated. If a very well paid abundance of strikers (apart from Rhodes tonight) cant do the business tonight from very good positions by the sound of it (i wasnt there) then what can the lad do. However i was at Fulham on Saturday great result, great performance, even though lacking centre halves and a decent winger with lots and lots of pace. 

1 hour ago, station road owl said:

Just got home, walked out after 3rd goal. Total embarrassment.

CARLOS OUT

and me, nearly 3000 supporters and we are served this bobbar yet again, thought preston was bad but this shambles was just a joke, we have some pretty poor players who should not be even making making the bench and a pretty poor management that does not use the LIMITED talent that we possess. Some saying we take positives from rhodes scoring  ( he was worse thean abysmall for70 minutes AGAIIN ), some saying abdi/ foresterie got valuable game time ( neither in the slightest bit interested ) poor tactics ( if that's what they were)) against a very poor bolton slde, Shocking players REACH, WILDSMITH, PALMER ,ABDI NUHIO are just taking the mickey, show some respect carlos and stop serving up this utter drivel to the amazing support that this fan base gives you before its too late

Carlos has had enough time to sort the team out. The players don't even look bothered and when the manager can't get the best out of his players it's time to go.

Since Wembley, we haven't improved. We have no clear/concise style of play and he doesn't know his best team (I accept there were changes tonight as it was the Cup.) As I said, Saturday's win at Fulham papered over cracks.

To end on a positive, and I'm scraping the barrel, hopefully those 2 goals for Rhodes will give him some form of confidence. Will he start at Burton? Couldn't say given Carlos' rotation policy. Time will tell.