Sorry but carlos needs to go now!!!!

Neg away everyone, but its getting embarrasing now.

Never got started against preston!

A goal down against chesterfield before we got started. Goals from Hooper and fletcher, yet fletcher doesnt start following game.

QPR, again didnt really start till 2nd half. Fletcher on the bench having scored in the previous game. Goal for winnall.

Sunderland, again didnt start really till 2nd half. wonder goal and probs the only time jones will score a goal like that.

fulham, again more of a second half performance, and fletch gets another.

Bolton, didnt start till last 15 mins. Fletcher ( top scorer at kick off) not even in squad. Rhodes gets a brace (only positive). Nailed on Rhodes will be dropped for next game.

How can the players and team build consistancy and get better if they are constantly rotated and dont get chance to build a run??

At the moment defenders are more or less nailed on to play due to injury, bannan has been stand out to guarantee a start.

However nobody gets a run to stake a claim for their starting place. no one is competing for places cos its rotated too much.

We need a settled side.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

Fletcher was injured for the QPR game. 

We going to have one of these threads every time we lose a game? 

Its not just tonight tho is it ? 

We are going backwards . 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, mr moody said:

Neg away everyone, but its getting embarrasing now.

Never got started against preston!

A goal down against chesterfield before we got started. Goals from Hooper and fletcher, yet fletcher doesnt start following game.

QPR, again didnt really start till 2nd half. Fletcher on the bench having scored in the previous game. Goal for winnall.

Sunderland, again didnt start really till 2nd half. wonder goal and probs the only time jones will score a goal like that.

fulham, again more of a second half performance, and fletch gets another.

Bolton, didnt start till last 15 mins. Fletcher ( top scorer at kick off) not even in squad. Rhodes gets a brace (only positive). Nailed on Rhodes will be dropped for next game.

How can the players and team build consistancy and get better if they are constantly rotated and dont get chance to build a run??

At the moment defenders are more or less nailed on to play due to injury, bannan has been stand out to guarantee a start.

However nobody gets a run to stake a claim for their starting place. no one is competing for places cos its rotated too much.

We need a settled side.

Fletcher himself told us he is carrying and managing an injury i for one don't want him playing (fairly) meaningless league cup games when we have an important League game Saturday 

Sounds like good management to me that 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Its not just tonight tho is it ? 

We are going backwards . 

Are we though? 

Perhaps you might be right, but we actually have more points in the league at this stage than we did last season. 

We also had Carlos out thread after Carlos out thread last season and we finished 4th. 

Needless to say the chairman isnt sacking him tonight because of a cup exit. 

Edited by SiJ
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

Fletcher was injured for the QPR game. 

We going to have one of these threads every time we lose a game? 

Come on mate we have a different lineup every game.

The key to consistancy is having a consistant side.

We cant rely on second half performances all through season!! We need to take a game by the scruff of the neck from the start and kill it off, as tonight has proved. This is what was missing last season and i belive will always be missing while carlos is in charge.

Hes too cautious. we should start every game like we should win, not that we shouldnt lose.

Sureley you agree with that SiJ.

• Like 1

Guest mrbluesky
2 minutes ago, Lawrie Madden said:

Fletcher himself told us he is carrying and managing an injury i for one don't want him playing (fairly) meaningless league cup games when we have an important League game Saturday 

Sounds like good management to me that 

Was tonights game "good management"?

1 minute ago, mr moody said:

Come on mate we have a different lineup every game.

The key to consistancy is having a consistant side.

We cant rely on second half performances all through season!! We need to take a game by the scruff of the neck from the start and kill it off, as tonight has proved. This is what was missing last season and i belive will always be missing while carlos is in charge.

Hes too cautious. we should start every game like we should win, not that we shouldnt lose.

Sureley you agree with that SiJ.

I agree...insofar as if the first half performances (or lack thereof) continue then I don't think he'll be in a job much longer. 

I just don't think there's much point going mad over a league cup defeat. It was a poor display (though we salvaged a bit of something late on), but then shock exits or whatever isn't exactly a surprise in this competition. 

Personally, I'd be pointing the fingers more at the players who came in tonight. Some first teamers who had an opportunity to impress and seemingly didn't bother to show up.